+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Refrigerator not making ice problem?

Post Likes
    Hey refrigeration guys,

MY aunt and uncle have a refrigerator that came with their home. IT is a GE Profile unit. When they got it, it would make ice. Now it does not. If it does, all it will do is crush the cubes. They have had multiple repairs, and even a new refrigerator was installed. Same problem exists now. Now of course, the contractor is not responisible for it anymore. Last repair person they had in there had told them(funny) that the unit was made in Arizona where it is dry, and now that it is here in Maryland it does not work right in the higher humidity. Give me a break! Anyways, any advice, or know what could likely need to be fixed?

Thanx a lot.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by mtec
    Hey refrigeration guys,

Anyways, any advice, or know what could likely need to be fixed?

Thanx a lot.
    Yeah, the service company should be replaced with one that actually repairs appliances, rather than blame geographical differences.

Post Likes
    hi friend; what model how many cub/foot,one fan only, domestic / refrigerator need more inf,

Post Likes

mtec

Heck, my icemaker plays tricks on me like that all the time. It likes to make me wait... then slams crushed ice in the glass and all over me and the floor. You got to be quick!

My old one did it and my new one (less than a year old)

I have no idea how to fix yours but sounds like your auger is turning backwards, thus crushing the ice or not dispensing. If it is not making ice it could be anything... such as a bad water valve,junk in the line, timer, bin arm switch or even high temperature.

It could be that the ice is sticking to the ice tray cups but you said it is a new unit and it is not overflowing water in the bin tub is it?

Post Likes
    Well, it just likes to mess with you, that's all.

Post Likes
    Lusker,

There is no overflowing of water in my aunt and uncles refrigerator.

Orland,

I will have to get that info from my aunt and uncle for that info.

Post Likes

Talking

a sxs refrigerature when it is not making ice it is a water valve problem or your water reservoir on your frig section is ice up..if it dispenses crush ice but no cubes check your dispenser selenoid ,its behind your ice bucket it should click when you call foe full ice cubes not crush ice..How ever 90.9 percent the dispenser selenoid will freezer. push it up and down or get a hair dtyer and apply heat..good luck..

Post Likes
    If they have had two refrig's doing the same thing that makes me think that something about their suppy water to icemaker is stopping up the water valve. they may be on a well or may need to think about a water line filter to help control this from being an on going problem every few years.

The whole ice or crushed is controled by the solinoed behind the ice bucket. You should be able to remove the bucket and open the freezer door. Then hold in the little button that the door hitts and watch to see if the plunger pulls up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in