Repair or replace AC-Gas Furnace

I have a 5-6yo outside AC unit (10 SEER)and a 28yo inside unit with gas furnace. The inside unit leaks R22 and is rusting from a leaky drip pan.

I have 3 contractors providing complete system replacement quotes. But the 3rd guy offered a repair option. He can replace just the inside unit for about 1/3 the cost of a complete system. The new inside unit is R410 upgradeable and can support 13SEER whenever the outside is upraded.

I'm only going to be in the house another 5-6 years.
    I don't think a new system will pay for itself in that time.
    Could R22 negatively affect home value when I sell?
    What else should I consider when comparing repair or replace option?

Thanks for any advice

Quote Originally Posted by NoAC-In-Atlanta View Post
    I have a 5-6yo outside AC unit (10 SEER)and a 28yo inside unit with gas furnace. The inside unit leaks R22 and is rusting from a leaky drip pan.

I have 3 contractors providing complete system replacement quotes. But the 3rd guy offered a repair option. He can replace just the inside unit for about 1/3 the cost of a complete system. The new inside unit is R410 upgradeable and can support 13SEER whenever the outside is upraded.

I'm only going to be in the house another 5-6 years.
    I don't think a new system will pay for itself in that time.
    Could R22 negatively affect home value when I sell?
    What else should I consider when comparing repair or replace option?

Thanks for any advice
    I'd imagine a home inspection may stick it to you about that outside unit being so old when it comes time to sell your house, but I'd still recommend keeping as much money in your pocket right now as possible. The future's a little dicey right now.