Thread: Inside AC air handler sweating and icing

Post Likes

Inside AC air handler sweating and icing

Indoor AC unit is sweating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this site and have been reading the discussiions similar to my recent problem of indoor air handler sweating. I recently had major work done on the outside AC system with new fan motor and capacitors and to my knowledge this unit has not sweat like this before.
    From what I read it might be that the closet that the indoor unit sits in is somewhat open to the attic space and it should not, i.e., it should be well insulated around the plenums leaving the unit, correct?

And I read where maybe the speed of the fan blower inside unit may not be at its highest speed?

I would appreciate feedback about the sweating and coils icing up around the bottom where the drain pan and p trap are located. It is only in the early morning and is dried out somewhat by afteroon/evening and might just be the excessive humidity and 100+temps here in Texas. But the system is 12 years old and I can't recall sweating like this, and, the wood base it sits on show just recent water marks.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Boatdriver View Post
    Indoor AC unit is sweating

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am new to this site and have been reading the discussiions similar to my recent problem of indoor air handler sweating. I recently had major work done on the outside AC system with new fan motor and capacitors and to my knowledge this unit has not sweat like this before.
    From what I read it might be that the closet that the indoor unit sits in is somewhat open to the attic space and it should not, i.e., it should be well insulated around the plenums leaving the unit, correct?

And I read where maybe the speed of the fan blower inside unit may not be at its highest speed?

I would appreciate feedback about the sweating and coils icing up around the bottom where the drain pan and p trap are located. It is only in the early morning and is dried out somewhat by afteroon/evening and might just be the excessive humidity and 100+temps here in Texas. But the system is 12 years old and I can't recall sweating like this, and, the wood base it sits on show just recent water marks.

Thanks
    Have someone come out & check it out. Could be a dirty evap coil, could be your refrigerant charge is wrong. Does it cool good in late afternoon? Good air-flow out of your registers?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    Have someone come out & check it out. Could be a dirty evap coil, could be your refrigerant charge is wrong. Does it cool good in late afternoon? Good air-flow out of your registers?
    Yes, it is and has been running fine. This sweating is relatively new and I know it is very hot and humid here in Texas lately. It does cool good all day.

Post Likes
    If it is actually forming ice, you have a serious problem. Call someone to come look at it.
    "Hey Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort." And he says, "there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. - Carl Spackler

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in