+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cooking Grate Care

Post Likes

Cooking Grate Care

I have a Weber Spirit with porcelin coated cast iron grates. Besides brushing them with a grill brush after every use or letting the food build up burn off every once in a while is there anything else that needs to be done to them?

Post Likes
    I see you've had no replies yet so I'll give you my

I personally have never used porcelain coated grates, mine are 1/4" dia. stainless steel. This is how I keep mine from building up too much cooked on food and sauce. I get the grill nice and hot and then apply olive oil using a napkin held with tongs. Occasionally taking a wire brush to it get's the underside cleaned off.

I don't know if it's the answer for your porcelain grates, and maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

Happy cookin'!

Sign petition to limit Congressional and Senatorial terms. http://www.termlimits.org/

"We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now."--Martin Luther King Jr.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in