Hello! I'm really new to this and not an HVAC technician at all :/
But I just moved into my sister's home and she has this Superior gas fireplace. The remote control used to turn it on. I changed the batteries, made sure the switch on the wall is on the remote.
I'm not sure it it's because the fireplace had not been turned on in about a month but I just turned it on for about 6 hours today, with the fan on, to try to generate 200 Millivolts to see if that would recharge the receptor thingy. But still, the remote will not turn on/off the fireplace like how it used to.
The fireplace is about 10 years old. Can anyone please help?