Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

internet sale

Anyone can purchase an ac off the internet with refer in it .... Same difference here .....
    My avatar is a picture of a Goodman Silencer .....These were commonly used in Goodman country ....Photos by hvac tech ( PaysonHVAC )

Had a call a couple months ago the HO smelled gas. Went over and checked it out-he had run his own gas line with csst he purchased from Menards to a new gas range. He purchased a 25 ft coil and just put ends on it. The run was only about 8 ft. He just coiled the excess in the floor joists. Surprisingly the csst ends were not leaking. He did not use any type of thread sealant on the male pipe ends.

This gives new meaning to the phrase "go gas, go boom".
    "If you can't fix it, don't break it."

Our inspectors put us through the ringer whenever we use this junk anyways, way too many rules. I've been using iron on most jobs again for the past couple years.

I'm glad we do mostly commercial industrial now so I don't have to compete with DIY so much anymore.

LOL! hasnt Menards been selling this since 04-05? The price is good compared to other brands, but this shows that this company is stupid and even with there price, hungry for money. In Canada this is only sold from the supply house, NEVER seen it in lowes or anywhere else thank god. Someone should get this banned from lowes and menards. I called menards and i asked them do i need a gas license or certificate and the guy laughed at me and said no. This is terrible, there is no reason anyone should be able to buy this or even know about it if there not in the trade.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    Quote Originally Posted by Belite View Post
    LOL! hasnt Menards been selling this since 04-05? The price is good compared to other brands, but this shows that this company is stupid and even with there price, hungry for money. In Canada this is only sold from the supply house, NEVER seen it in lowes or anywhere else thank god. Someone should get this banned from lowes and menards. I called menards and i asked them do i need a gas license or certificate and the guy laughed at me and said no. This is terrible, there is no reason anyone should be able to buy this or even know about it if there not in the trade.
    It's in Lowes out here.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

hey rich i sent you an email, please reply back i got a question to ask you.

Quote Originally Posted by maniak View Post
    Our inspectors put us through the ringer whenever we use this junk anyways, way too many rules. I've been using iron on most jobs again for the past couple years.

I'm glad we do mostly commercial industrial now so I don't have to compete with DIY so much anymore.
    Belite,

is it crap or what? you seem to be in the know

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Worthington View Post
    Belite,

is it crap or what? you seem to be in the know
    To be honest, no i dont think its crap. There is alot involved in the process in making Csst. I believe it is far from crap and it is actually a very safe and tested product, Alot of people complain that hacks use it, which could be true but this doesnt mean that if someone makes it look like crap...you cant make it look good. I have done installations and they looked very straight and professional..I think its a great product some people just like to jump on the bandwagon. There is nothing wrong with saving time on installation, and the time you save, you can use a little bit of that to neaten up the project and make it look good!

As for it selling at Lowes and Menards the way they do should definitely be banned. Only a licensed gas technician + certificate of training should have this. PEX is different its water, but when it comes to GAS its just plain stupidity.

In Canada it has been banned to sell at Lowes, I just found this out lol. they Lasted a whole 2 months here

Quote Originally Posted by Belite View Post
    In Canada it has been banned to sell at Lowes, I just found this out lol. they Lasted a whole 2 months here
    Yea, about that, it is still being sold at Lowes in Ontario. I was at Lowes yesterday and it is on the shelves. I was told by the associate in that department that when you buy it you have to say you are certified to install it.
    Lets hope they get it off the shelves before a house goes up in flames....
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Quote Originally Posted by trouble time View Post
    Yea, about that, it is still being sold at Lowes in Ontario. I was at Lowes yesterday and it is on the shelves. I was told by the associate in that department that when you buy it you have to say you are certified to install it.
    Lets hope they get it off the shelves before a house goes up in flames....
    Hey troubletime, They are starting to becuase i called Hamilton location and a Lowes in Toronto, and they said it just went off the shelves today due to law and complaints.

Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada Occupation:Interprovincial Plumber, Commercial Gasfitter Interests:
    None on the shelf here today.
    I love my job, but paydays Thursday

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast