American Standard Heat Pump Models?

We have decided to install an American Standard furnace and heat pump . The model number for the heat pump in the original estimate was 4A6H4036 and now they are talking about a 4A6B4036. The first one is the one listed on the American Standard web site, but I can't find anything on the second one. Any ideas?

I am beginning to think he must have read the model number wrong or something if nobody has heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmarv View Post
    I am beginning to think he must have read the model number wrong or something if nobody has heard of it.
    I bet he did. Just ask him.

KxMarv

I would recommend AmStd's Heritage 15 over the 14 mdl.

IMO

The B models are lower end units, biggest difference is sound deadening. Also Trane won't sell a 10 year extended warranty on them.

The 4A6H5 line is mechanically fairly similar to the 4A6B4 line believe it or not, the 4A6H4 is an older model, probably going away since a lot of its performance numbers are lousy. The B units are a pretty good value but if your bid was for an A and B was used, ought to be a price drop.

American Standard will sell a 10 yr warranty on "B" model units. However, if you do not want an extended warranty, they will only get 10 yrs compressor, and 5 years parts under the new registered limited warranty(5 years everything if not registered within 60 days). "B" units are considered entry level. H being Heritage 15/16/20 (similar to the straight cool units, where B is still entry level, an A stands for Allegiance 15/16/20.

Are you trying to achieve ratings for the federal tax credit? If so, the "B" will more than likely accomplish that as the 4A6H is no longer in production and did not get the ratings capable of meeting those requirements for it. I'm looking at about 50 systems using a 4A6B4036E + American Standard A-Coil and furnace that achieve the tax-credit.

We have used most of our tax credit on new windows so that is not that big of a deal to us. I just want to find out more about the different models because we were originally quoted on the H model and then they said it wasn't available anymore and they would subsitute the B model. I just wasn't sure if it was better, worse, or just different.

Does anybody know what the price difference might be between the B series and the H series 14 seer heat pumps? I can't seem to find much info on the differences between the B and H series. If somebody that sells American Standard could explain the differences it would be greatly appreciated.