Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Sounds sweet and a nice chance to make it on TV as my head is sawed off, NO TY

ID be intrested

I am employable in 4 and a half months out of Perry Technical Institute and am willing to go anywhere the money is good send me info to HVAC_goon @ yahoo.com if ya could Thank You

Thumbs down crazy things for crazed people

anyone willing to work hard can make it here.If you're into adventure and you don't enjoy this country go 4 it! When you come back please don't whine because some rag head made you a slave!The ad should read "oil shiek needs slaves to do work for menial wages

You really meant to say...

I think you really meant to say...'IF you come back'. There'll soon be headhunters (no pun intended) looking for adventurous souls from our ranks to help the good people of Fallujah rebuild those destroyed meat lockers and beer coolers...just watch.
    If a day went by without a problem - there'ld be a problem.

lunaz you must be on crack!!!!!!!!!!NO THANKS

Re: ID be intrested

Originally posted by hvac_goon
    I am employable in 4 and a half months out of Perry Technical Institute and am willing to go anywhere the money is good send me info to HVAC_goon @ yahoo.com if ya could Thank You

If you have to go here a better bet is http://www.af.mil
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

It's not that bad

It's really not that bad. I know this first hand since I'am active duty military and I have made numerous trips to the middle east to different locations. I have worked with various contractors working for this company and many of them like the fact that their house will be paid off in a year, or they are there for the second or third year and are working on their retirement.

No doubt the biggest this to worry aboutis boredom when you're off the clock.

Everything depends on location. If you end up in a small camp in the bad part of Iraq then things won't be so great and your percentages change. But mostly you end up somewhere already built up and secure.

It all depends on where you're at. Some locations you can go downtown and they are almost as westernized as the US with malls and TGIFridays and all kinds of stuff. A lot of middle easterners like Americans.

Just my point of view from what I have personnally seen.

-smoke-
    "That motor's done, he let the factory smoke charge out!"

Originally posted by tinner73
    mongo....either you or i are way off target. i'm under the impression that these jobs are for the re-building of Iraq. not for the troops. i assume they have their own techs. i think this is like regular work that we are accustomed to. trade-wise that is. only this job is located in SATAN'S A$$HOLE (Iraq). this has nothing to do with patriotism. this is about $$$$$$$$$$$ and only about $$$$$$$$.
    You're not actually rebuilding Iraq. You are directly supporting the troops and facilities. Whether it be Army, Marines, or Air Force.

God bless America, she's got room for everyone and their opinions (even if they are insults)

-smoke-

"That motor's done, he let the factory smoke charge out!"

i want to go...i am going to apply...

I would not go over for no less than $100,00 free and clear and to be working in those conditions for 12x7. You've got to be kidding. My family and life is not for sale and neither is my patriotism. I will fight and die for my country ; not a corporate rat! To make it clear, I am the biggest BUSH supporter and a supporter of peace and freedom no matter what it takes. It is everyones right to be FREE, not cool.(referring to A.C.)

So to wrap things up here. Thankyou , but NO THANKS!
    For those of you seriously considering, goodluck!
    Before you sign.......just take a look at your children; mother; father; ect.
    Is the loss of your family, and you to your family worth making a couple bucks? Your all Americans to me......just some are more stupid than others!

Thumbs up

Well said brettln. Hats off to those that have a need to go. The only way I would consider going to any of those places is if I'm armed and have killing orders. Otherwise I have no business being there...at least for now. Unfortunately I have great difficulty trusting anyone from those parts whether we be in a playground, bazzar, restaurant...you name it. Smoke, you are right in saying that most of them like us but the ones that don't are the suicide bombers and headhunters...they're the spoilers. I'ld be alot more willing and happier keeping the guys chasing Bin Laden in the mountains of Pakastan cool and comfortable but not through a pimp.
    If a day went by without a problem - there'ld be a problem.

Isn't it like 84 grand, then they take out for your medical and all that. Then you got to pay for other stuff while your there. By the time it's all said and done, your looking at more like 50 to 60 grand. Screw that.

Let me give you some advice. Start a business. Do a 100 grand your first year and you come out with more money. You won't be taxed hardly if your smart about it.

The coin is what kills me. Give me 150 clear and I'll be on a plane tommorow. Clear means: $150K. You buy my food. My home. You pay for my teethbrush, my tools, ect. Clear to me means that the day I arrive back in the states, I have 150,000 in my account.

And who the hell pays off their house with 60 grand anymore unless you live in KENTUCKY.

I can not for the life of me see why anyone would want to do this for the money they offer, considering the other stuff that goes with it.

yeah hey #67894
    comes up as "manager of projects controls"
    ???

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast