Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Originally posted by accumulator
    Lunaz, looks like not too many techs are willing to go..guess why?Cause we are are smart and we know what is going on in Iraq and in other countries...Say you might try the KGB.Germany or France tech they might be interested....
    Now we talking, life is base, no life no nothing, rather be a bag boy in home... and still carry a gun if I want to(CONCEAL PERMIT) This "oportunities" are the exeption to the rule for us and the rule for third world people where 20 bucks an hour is like a hundred..and life is a long agony.

WE The People!

Are not the Few The Proud , and not Every Job Is An Adventure! And I cannot Be All That I Can Be, getting shot at going from Base to Base or Installation to Installation! especially without being armed, but of course somebody would get paranoid and start shooting for some dumb move or something like that nature. and if you figure out 80 k a year, thats not much money after taxes! and yes everyone there pays taxes , the contention that nobody does is a flat out lie, like the bush admin! we are ther for no good reason and my safety nor my country is at risk from iraq, from iran, and the saudi's, and al-queida but not iraq! and i dont want to be part of imposing my lifestyle and beliefs upon another country that doesnt want U.S. There! these people been like this for years due to their beliefs and prejudices, and we cannot change it! from day one, and no amount of refrigeration will put humpty dumpty back togeather again-nor are deficit ,nor the long-term lasting effects of these bills your children will have to foot!

[Edited by 2seasons-employed on 10-02-2004 at 12:27 PM]

maam i would be very proud to apply for your job. having been in the sandbox not once but 2 times with the distinct possibility of going over again real soon makes it very hard for me to do. and for all of you out there whining that it aint enough money. i really should give you a look at my last check for the last time i was there. proudly serving the usaf as a air conditioning tech. the guys over there are over worked under paid but proud to serve.

WHINING?

Not whining about the paycheck. From all accounts the money to be made is pretty good. Just squeeling about losing our heads...if you know what I mean.
    If a day went by without a problem - there'ld be a problem.

Originally posted by lunaz
    Dear HVAC Mechanics/Techs:

We currently have many positions for HVAC Certified Technicians on a 12-month CONTRACT to provide temporary construction and logistical support to the US Army on military bases in the Middle East, namely Afghanistan and Iraq. We are hiring from 500-700 people per week (HVAC Technicians, Painters, Equipment Operators, Truck Drivers, Carpenters, and many more) who get an average salary in the range of $82K/year as well as a TAX exemption for working out-of-country (if they maintain their contract condition of 12 months or work outside the US for 330 days). Each of our contractors get two 10-day paid R&R’s every 4 months with airfare allowance of up to $860 and 2 weeks R&R in the 12th month with a chance to end or renew their contract.

Our contractors typically work 7x12 hour days on a 1 year open-ended contract – which means either party can end the contract at anytime without penalty.

If you are interested, please go to our Careers Website: http://www.kbrjobs.com and apply online to REQ #67894 THEN contact me via email or phone and let me know you applied. I will try to get back to you within a day!

Thanks,

Luna Zuniga
    Sr. Recruiter - KBR/LOGCAP III
    A HALLIBURTON COMPANY
    4100 Clinton Dr (05-522D), Houston, TX
    Office 713-753-2489 Fax 713-753-2048
    E-mail: luna.zuniga@halliburton.com
    YOU MUST BE F####N NUTS
    In honor of Murray Woodgate (aka Carnak) 1961 - 2010

if you were in the union in Chicagoland area at $33.00/hr this is what you'd make here.........
    40 hrs straight time.................$1320.00
    28 hrs time + half...................$1386.00
    16 hrs of double time................$1056.00

total for week.......................$3762.00

now........$82,000 divided by $3762.00=
    21.80 weeks or 5 months (May).

now........$3762/week X 47 weeks (don't forget R&R)=
    $176,814.00/year.

now, if you were crazy enough to do those hours (for any wage) don't forget..EVERY DAY IS MONDAY.

i think they call this "BLOOD MONEY"
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Originally posted by tinner73
    if you were in the union in Chicagoland area at $33.00/hr this is what you'd make here.........
    40 hrs straight time.................$1320.00
    28 hrs time + half...................$1386.00
    16 hrs of double time................$1056.00

total for week.......................$3762.00

now........$82,000 divided by $3762.00=
    21.80 weeks or 5 months (May).

now........$3762/week X 47 weeks (don't forget R&R)=
    $176,814.00/year.

now, if you were crazy enough to do those hours (for any wage) don't forget..EVERY DAY IS MONDAY.

i think they call this "BLOOD MONEY"

It is far from blood money. what you do over there is support the many fine men and women who have pledged to make the ultimate sacrafice for there country. you help give them some creature comforts in a place that is worst then the worst nightmare you ever had. Also it is not about the money. it is about patritisom even if you do not believe in the cause.

Those turbin wearin ungreatful bastards don't appreciate **** we do for them anyhow...so what's the point?

mongo....either you or i are way off target. i'm under the impression that these jobs are for the re-building of Iraq. not for the troops. i assume they have their own techs. i think this is like regular work that we are accustomed to. trade-wise that is. only this job is located in SATAN'S A$$HOLE (Iraq). this has nothing to do with patriotism. this is about $$$$$$$$$$$ and only about $$$$$$$$.
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Thumbs up

Mango

Thank You for your service, its people like you that have aloud people in this forum to live free and with out the third world conditions.
    I too am very interested in going over to Iraq or Afgan, Ive already contacted Ms. Zuniga. KBR
    I served in the Gulf War and have no problem helping our like minded men and women serving our country.
    Some may think Im nuts, but thats ok. If Im killed then so be it. I hope and pray everyone in the forum continues to have stable jobs and live free.

Thank's for people like you, I am to much a coward for Iraq.
    If common sense is so common how come so few of us have it!

Originally posted by micronman
    Mango

Thank You for your service, its people like you that have aloud people in this forum to live free and with out the third world conditions.
    I too am very interested in going over to Iraq or Afgan, Ive already contacted Ms. Zuniga. KBR
    I served in the Gulf War and have no problem helping our like minded men and women serving our country.
    Some may think Im nuts, but thats ok. If Im killed then so be it. I hope and pray everyone in the forum continues to have stable jobs and live free.
    If you can’t do A/C you can always see your Army recruiter because were going be over there for a long time.

Cool LOL

Yeah! I want be a gunner in a AC-130.
    If a day went by without a problem - there'ld be a problem.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast