Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Wink wander what kbr makes off this?

You know if they are over charging the federal goverment
    4 and 5 times for a case of cokes and gas they are
    probably paying you 82k and turning around and charging
    uncle sam 200k for you and telling them thats a bargain.

answer

The overcharge investigation is not on this contract from what I understand. Therefore, that would not apply. Also, I don't understand the question about salary, if it is a question...

Luna

Woman or not Luna you have got ballz !! I don't know why ANYONE would accept the offer you gave with the conditions you posted. That is nuts !! That would be the equivelant to paying a master technician minumum wage here. I highly doubt that anyone here would accept your offer but please keep us informed.

Hires

I have hired 16 HVAC Mechanics since I started working here late August. Indeed, they were not from this site. Perhaps you are right, this may not be the best resource for me... but one never knows without asking.

These people may be underpaid in your field. If they knew about you they may really feel bad that you are all making so much money. Continued good fortune in your careers...

Luna

Hires

I have hired 16 HVAC Mechanics since I started working here late August. Indeed, they were not from this site. Perhaps you are right, this may not be the best resource for me... but one never knows without asking.

These people may be underpaid in your field. If they knew about you they may really feel bad that you are all making so much more money in your careers.

Continued good fortune...

Luna

Hey lunaz you may want to try some of the trade/technical schools around the country. That would probobally be your best bet in getting "workers" to work their tails off in those conditions for that amount of $$. What happens when a "contractor" of yours gets killed? Is their family compensated in any way ? No amount of $$ is worth my kids growing up without a father !! Just my opinion , but good luck to you.

the pay is questioned because you did not break it down to, so much base pay or so much an hour, so much for overtime over 8 or 40 hours, so much for sunday, and holidays, you didn't state the days off or is it right to ask there are no days off, i understand people would like to know, and its just fair to tell up front, by the way do you get a bonus for every tech you hire? what type of life insurance is provided and what does it cost?

Re: KBR - Middle East Living Conditions

Originally posted by lunaz
    I tell EVERY CANDIDATE the following about the living conditions, not to talk them out of going but to ensure they are CLEAR on what they are getting themselves into:

• You will be living on a military base, possibly in an 8-10 man tent (like you’ve seen on MASH) and sleeping on cots with sleeping bags. If it were truly like what I saw on M.A.S.H. I'd think about going.. but Hawkeye and Trapper John are retired now.
    • Although a few sites may have different lodging situations if you start out in a tent you should expect to live in it for the duration of your stay. There will be no upgrades to living conditions. Unless of course you consider a wind storm ripping the bejesus out of your tent as an upgrade.
    • You will be provided 3 meals a day. This could be hot food or MRE’s (same food that the military eats). And I might add "same food that gives the military the runs
    • For your protection you will be confined to the base at all times. and for the protection of the camels you will be issued condoms if you happen to escape confinement.
    • The base is under general order number one at all times, meaning NO ALCOHOL. There is zero tolerance on Safety and Alcohol violations and either of these offenses can lead to termination on the first infraction. those being observed being unsafe while intoxicated will have his tent downgraded.
    • It goes without saying that life on these bases can be dangerous - gunfire, rocket and mortar fire is not uncommon. Everyone needs to be on their toes and alert at all times and safety has to be the #1 priority.It also goes without saying that rocket fire, mortar shells and gunfire can really put a damper on your stay here. So really stay on your toes and alert.. gee sounds like a day at the beach so far.
    • You will be required to receive a smallpox and anthrax vaccination when you arrive overseas. (For the record, if a death occurs due to anthrax, the body will be cremated so as not to pose a threat with a contaminated body.) so remember .. If you perchance get hit by rocket , mortar or gunfire ..get your antrax infested carcas off of my bunk. I don't want my tent downgraded.
    • You will be issued and expected to learn to use an NBC (Nuclear Biological & Chemical) suit in case of a biological threat, which you will be trained on. I thought the NBC suit was something Tom Brokaw wore...silly me.
    • You will be required to participate in the medical plan provided by Cigna as your primary coverage. It is an 80/20 medical plan that will cost you $105 per month. If you have any dependants under the age of 19 you are required to bring documentation that shows they have existing coverage, otherwise you will be required to purchase coverage for them at an additional cost of $105 for a total of $210. This will cover your spouse and any eligible dependents and must be your primary insurance coverage. just in case one of the rockets, mortar or gunfire shells miss you and hit one of your family..they too will be creamated and their tent downgraded
    • All jobs are hands-on and everyone should expect physical labor. and for relaxation we all get to shovel camel poop on our off hours.
    • Everyone walks, you may have to walk the distance of one or two football fields to get to dining facilities or showers, etc.. and if you eat enough of the garbage you may have to crawl back about the same distance.
    • If you are in Afghanistan (or Uzbekistan) it can be very hot with extreme temperatures in the upper 120’s during summer and down to 0 in winter. so bring g-strings and mittens.
    • Temperatures can be even more extreme in Kuwait and Iraq – ranging from 100 to 150 degrees during summer. Bring lots of jiffy pop to explode on your tent roofs.
    • Showers will probably be cold, if and when you get one. You should expect to be dirty most of the time. for many of us this will hardly be a significant change.
    • There is very fine sand that coats everything and gets in your eyes, your mouth, your clothes, your food and your living quarters. Sand and dust storms are very common. this is sounding more and more like North Carolina east coast.
    • There are all kinds of rodents and bugs: mice, snakes, scorpions, ticks, sand fleas and spiders in the camp and living quarters. Are you sure this Aint N.C.?
    • We have a 20% turnover rate and have had candidates quit after just one day. and they were the "die hards"
    • There is no guarantee on the duration of the project – if the military pulls out, we are out of there too. oh no .. please let me stay ... please!!!
    AJS

Always tell the truth and you never have to remember what you! said!

No bonus

No bonus for me and I work 12 hours days, 6 days a week. I have financial goals/circumstances just like anyone else. As for the breakdown, 12 hour days, 7 days a week. Many people are already USED to working that believe it or not, just to make ends meet. They may have 2 or 3 jobs to boot!

Oh.. and you'll be very pleased! The life insurance isn't going to make anyone rich.

Call me if you want more info. Bye guys!

i was over saudi arabia for the first gulf war and had the oportunity to meet the third country nationals that work there for at the same conditions you just mentioned, so is this where our country is headed for as for your working hours are you on salary or hourly wage, thats kind of cheap to bring up the wage and amount of work, well the american dream is quickly evaporating and the children are going out of control because there no parents home to teach the children any values, maybe i'm not making any sense but i still believe that large corporations will exploit the workers or use the wage issue to move the jobs to somewhere else thats cheaper. the american dream of a small house with a picket fence a dog in the yard and all of that is gone its off to the slave pits to make enought to buy groceries and pay for the utilities and if your lucky pay the mortage on time. thats if you can afford to buy a house.

All the above info provided by Luna seems on the up front.
    NOW, we'll be in a combat area working around military bases with armed locals taking pot shots at the base and the personel at will. You can't tell the friendlies from the enemy walking down the street since they don't wear uniforms. (anyone else having flashbacks)
    Sounds a lot like a summer camp I once visited years ago at the invitation of our government and paid by same.
    Could this be a treeless Viet Nam?
    Will we be issued weapons? Can we bring weapons along?
    I hate being shot at and not able to shoot back. Takes all the sport out of it.
    Are we required to wear BDU or can we dress as we like?
    If BDU is required are they provided at no charge?
    Are we charged for meals, rooms, showers, or anything else?
    As I figure it this works out to less than $19.25 an hour.
    Is this correct?

yes that what it comes to around a little more than 19 an hr but dont forget you also got to pay for insurance of which is mandatory if you got family minus another 250 bucks a month. This job isnt worth your head and there have been several posts about this company. I did keep my word and apply and if even offered will NOT ACCEPT. I give Luna alot of credit for replying to the post and being honest and upfront.

they are enticing people with the magical 80,000 a year but be up front its so much say 35,000 plus if you work it, the hours are long 7 days on 12 hours per day even the military gives you breaks you cant break somebody back, errors will happen.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast