Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Smile Thank YOU!

Thank you for allowing me to post.. All the best to everyone on finding jobs - with KBR or elsewhere.

Luna

Could you post a copy of the contract?
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

KBR Contract

I don't have a copy of the contract. There is no way I could post it but I have seen it and it says everything I have said except for the overtime. It cannot cover that because there is no way to know how much a person would "actually" work. If there is insurgent activity or sand storms that prevent them from working the hours OR if they end up working more hours than the 12x7, (which happens alot I think) the figure would change.

The only thing it says about $ is the base pay and uplift of 55%.

If there is any kind of activity that prevents a day of work there is standby pay and it states that in the contract.

Luna

My boss didn't give me no nice warnings like that .

You sound like a nice person Luna but sorry, that's not for me.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

84 hours per week times 44 weeks per year=3696 hours.
    82,000 divided by 3696 = 22.18 per hour. I don't think so!
    I do alot better here!

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    Originally posted by coolwhip
    To many crazy arabs, big spiders, large breasted women, no food, no trees, no water, people yelling from towers, no place to go, nothing to do but work, no safe roads, fear of loseing ones head, getting shot, stabed, dragged in the streets, set on fire, hung on bridges, beaten with sticks. All for 80 grand a year .
    So you know how it is to work in Dallas ?
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

Double the salary and allow me to carry a Colt 1911 .45 and I will take the job!

Ok so i am honest here, went a filled in apllication, doesnt say they will hire me or if i will accept. I will fail the physical anyways, have a metal plate in c-6 and c-7 vertbrea from anterior disctomy. I seen them post here before and nevr reply I took a chance and got a reply. Bravo for them and thank you. To me it sounds ok but then on the other 1/2 says no. what is standby pay? I dont get the insurance. part. my union pays 100% of my insurance and if i am going to be shot at i want my family covered 100 % also. we have young men and women over there getting killed dailey. This is a war zone folks, Who's air conditioner we fixing anyways? Iraqi's or U.S.??? I still give credit where credit is due and thank Luna for replying. Keep replying Luna thank you.

Home is Azle Texas, work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.

Gee Norm,
    all I carry is a .22 but will see if I can get you $160,000 to work in Dallas.

You would be an asset armed or not.
    Life as an adult is much like life in kindergarten - If I make it through the day without crying or hitting some one, then it was a good day!

no problem lake if they need you bad enough they can cut a waiver.

Wink thanks luna

i won't ***** tommorrow about changing those condensers on the roof
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

standby pay

Standby pay is 8 hours of straight time pay if I am not mistaken. I'll double check that...

Luna

so the pay is not they put you on salary then work your ass off then?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast