Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Dear HVAC Mechanics/Techs:

We currently have many positions for HVAC Certified Technicians on a 12-month CONTRACT to provide temporary construction and logistical support to the US Army on military bases in the Middle East, namely Afghanistan and Iraq. We are hiring from 500-700 people per week (HVAC Technicians, Painters, Equipment Operators, Truck Drivers, Carpenters, and many more) who get an average salary in the range of $82K/year as well as a TAX exemption for working out-of-country (if they maintain their contract condition of 12 months or work outside the US for 330 days). Each of our contractors get two 10-day paid R&R’s every 4 months with airfare allowance of up to $860 and 2 weeks R&R in the 12th month with a chance to end or renew their contract.

Our contractors typically work 7x12 hour days on a 1 year open-ended contract – which means either party can end the contract at anytime without penalty.

If you are interested, please go to our Careers Website: http://www.kbrjobs.com and apply online to REQ #67894 THEN contact me via email or phone and let me know you applied. I will try to get back to you within a day!

Thanks,

Luna Zuniga
    Sr. Recruiter - KBR/LOGCAP III
    A HALLIBURTON COMPANY
    4100 Clinton Dr (05-522D), Houston, TX
    Office 713-753-2489 Fax 713-753-2048
    E-mail: luna.zuniga@halliburton.com

To many crazy arabs, big spiders, ugly women, no food, no trees, no water, people yelling from towers, no place to go, nothing to do but work, no safe roads, fear of loseing ones head, getting shot, stabed, dragged in the streets, set on fire, hung on bridges, beaten with sticks. All for 80 grand a year and no tax. Gee that sounds generous...where can I sign up...NOT!

the worst part is no.............................

Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Tech Guest
    Wow...82k a year for the possibility of making my wife a widow...sweating my gonads off...eating every meal spiced with desert sand...having the best sex of my life...with a camel...and really!?!?!? I get to work all 7 days...and only 12 hours a day?!?!?!?..........NOT!!!

I will honestly apply if you can answer me a few question's truthfully in the open and post it on here.

1-- How many of your employees have been killed on the job there?

2-- How many were shot or injured in the line of fire while doing their job?

3-- Who will I be working under ? what foreign natinoality will be my boss?

4-- What are the living conditions.

Originally posted by lakeerie
    I will honestly apply if you can answer me a few question's truthfully in the open and post it on here.

I would like to know these answers myself.....

Senior Tech Guest
    Lake your a funny guy....your about to hear a whole bunch of bs...if he even replies...

Originally posted by lakeerie

Hey lake I found the answers...

1. 45
    2. 45 or more
    3. US Military
    4. ****ty....cots...20 men to a tent...84 hrs. a week

Thumbs down

Time to chime in here. First very cool site. 2nd. KBR very missleading company 82k lol. I know of a few people who have been hosed . By the time you take your manditory R & R's their is no way you will see 82k and their was a thread not long ago by sombody from KBR they must be hard up CAN'T wait for the congressional investagastions to start. KRB is wasting olot of your money in support of our troops. who dont even come close to that kind of money ! and I bet their is no reply by lunaz .

maybe 82 k is what they tell the gov what they pay you for contract purposes, i'm sure kbr is makkng a ****load of money on this but then they cant hire third world nationals for security reasons, what kind of insurance goes with this.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I was expecting to be contacted on my email address directly.

I am a Ms. Luna Zuniga.

As far as the casualties - I believe someone was correct in saying about 45 casualties to date (I thought it was 42 but that number may have changed since last week). I think 17-20 of the casualties have been truck drivers who must leave the military base camps in order to do their jobs.

I believe that any other casualties are due to safety failures - meaning that people were not practicing safe behavior - rather than from being shot by stray bullets or mortar fire but I'll find out what the other casualties are and post that number here.

We have between 14,000 and 15,000 people there now and are processing 400-700 weekly.

I believe the reason we have so many people going is because they are unable to work as hard and earn as much or more domestically or cannot find work in their geographic areas, must feed their families, pay their bills, etc., etc..

But I understand this is not something for everyone.

I'll be as up front as possible because it does me, the company, or the country NO good to just send anyone there that ends up returning immediately or before the 12 months are up. We have about a 20% turnover rate and would like to get that number down if possible and it's a waste of taxpayer money to send someone that hasn't thought it through completely and taken everything into consideration. INDEED - the situation is hard there and there is DANGER. This is the reason, I'd rather be up front and have people think things through VERY carefully.

As far as the pay, I personally have several candidates I am working with who are processing through a second time. They have already been for a year and are in the process of returning. I don't believe they have any kind of "death wish".. they are either patriots or, more than likely, just HARD WORKERS with financial goals who are willing to take the risk for the rewards...

Thanks, Luna

Wow ... honesty! What a refreshing concept, especially in an election year. Thank you Luna, there are thousands of hard workers who view this site. Putting the information here, such as you just did, will be beneficial for both you and them, thank you!

Boss

KBR - Middle East Living Conditions

I tell EVERY CANDIDATE the following about the living conditions, not to talk them out of going but to ensure they are CLEAR on what they are getting themselves into:

• You will be living on a military base, possibly in an 8-10 man tent (like you’ve seen on MASH) and sleeping on cots with sleeping bags.
    • Although a few sites may have different lodging situations if you start out in a tent you should expect to live in it for the duration of your stay. There will be no upgrades to living conditions.
    • You will be provided 3 meals a day. This could be hot food or MRE’s (same food that the military eats).
    • For your protection you will be confined to the base at all times.
    • The base is under general order number one at all times, meaning NO ALCOHOL. There is zero tolerance on Safety and Alcohol violations and either of these offenses can lead to termination on the first infraction.
    • It goes without saying that life on these bases can be dangerous - gunfire, rocket and mortar fire is not uncommon. Everyone needs to be on their toes and alert at all times and safety has to be the #1 priority.
    • You will be required to receive a smallpox and anthrax vaccination when you arrive overseas. (For the record, if a death occurs due to anthrax, the body will be cremated so as not to pose a threat with a contaminated body.)
    • You will be issued and expected to learn to use an NBC (Nuclear Biological & Chemical) suit in case of a biological threat, which you will be trained on.
    • You will be required to participate in the medical plan provided by Cigna as your primary coverage. It is an 80/20 medical plan that will cost you $105 per month. If you have any dependants under the age of 19 you are required to bring documentation that shows they have existing coverage, otherwise you will be required to purchase coverage for them at an additional cost of $105 for a total of $210. This will cover your spouse and any eligible dependents and must be your primary insurance coverage.
    • All jobs are hands-on and everyone should expect physical labor.
    • Everyone walks, you may have to walk the distance of one or two football fields to get to dining facilities or showers, etc..
    • If you are in Afghanistan (or Uzbekistan) it can be very hot with extreme temperatures in the upper 120’s during summer and down to 0 in winter.
    • Temperatures can be even more extreme in Kuwait and Iraq – ranging from 100 to 150 degrees during summer.
    • Showers will probably be cold, if and when you get one. You should expect to be dirty most of the time.
    • There is very fine sand that coats everything and gets in your eyes, your mouth, your clothes, your food and your living quarters. Sand and dust storms are very common.
    • There are all kinds of rodents and bugs: mice, snakes, scorpions, ticks, sand fleas and spiders in the camp and living quarters.
    • We have a 20% turnover rate and have had candidates quit after just one day.
    • There is no guarantee on the duration of the project – if the military pulls out, we are out of there too.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast