Been working on refrigeration equip. now more than ever.
    Had a call today on a R12 converted to MP39 Reach in bev. cooler with glass doors. Found bad contacts on lp switch. Changed out switch but found the CI set @ 45# and the diff @ 15#. When I set the new switch to these settings it cycled off to quick. I reset the switch to 37# CI and the CO is 16#. Suction psi with the cooler @52deg was 28#. Is this ok? thanks.

Beverage cooler

Not bad, sometimes they run a higher TD on the coils because its glass bottles in the cooler. How does the compressor match up with the coil btu wise? Did whoever change the drier when converted? Does it have a txv? Are they using the lpc for controlling temp or does it have a temp control too?
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Thumbs up

Originally posted by tonymjr
    I reset the switch to 37# CI and the CO is 16#. Suction psi with the cooler @52deg was 28#. Is this ok? thanks.
    sure is
    Don't interrupt me while i'm talking to myself

just ask vern he would have fugured it out for you.....

Originally posted by tonymjr
    When I set the new switch to these settings it cycled off to quick. I reset the switch to 37# CI and the CO is 16#. Suction psi with the cooler @52deg was 28#. Is this ok? thanks. [/B]
    "approximate" pressure control settings have been published for a number of years. My p-t card from Sporlan has them right on it. Not all systems are the same. What works for one may need some tweaking on another. In the future, these same settings may not quite do the job on a similar but different make/model, so you may have to tweak them a little. Don't be afraid to change the .ci. & c.o. to get the control you need.

Those settings seem fine. The old control may have been operating at the correct C-I and C-O. What a lp control indicates visually, and what it actually operates at, often conflict with each other.