Is the Bible the Word of God
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am sure of it. 2 Tim 3.16

2 Questions

1. If you died tonight where would you spend your eternity?

2. If you showed up at Heavens Gate and God asks "Why should I let you in?" how would you answer?
    Do it right the first time.

1. In the presence of the Almighty God...the Father, Jesus the Son, and Holy Spirit and all the saints.

2. Because Jesus paid the debt for my sins. He alone, without help from me or anyone else in all creation, offers me access to the Father.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

1. Wherever I'm supposed to. It's not something human minds can adequately comprehend. Thus all the allegories.

2. For the first time in my life, I'm certain I would be speechless.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

The bible is what it is. It is a collection of books. These books at face value contain many moral lessons for many occasions and can be used by anyone to better themselves in life.

Is the bible the Word of God? To those of us who believe, yes. To those who do not believe you will never convince them, so why bother trying. You would only be throwing your pearls to swine.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Please explain why you beleive the bible is the word of God. There is no need to quote scriture. Just how has God made it clear to you that the bible is his word.

This is not an attempt to question anyones faith. Just a question from a struggling beleiver.

Bigtime,
    I believe that the bible is the Word of God for several reasons. Here are a few.

1. The bible was penned by over 40 different authors over a period of atleast 2000 years. There are 66 books that comprise the Bible. They all agree with each other.

Let me use the following illustration. Imagine if you were to cover the entire state of Texas with silver dollars 2 feet deep. Mark a X on a single coin. Then give a person the chance to pick that coin.

Any idea on the odds of getting the right coin?? Its 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000. Pretty poor odds right??

The same odds apply if a person were to attempt to predict 8 things about the future of another person before they were even born.

In total there were at least 333 prophecies of Christ in the old testament, all of them fulfilled in the new.

What are the odds??

2. Faith. I can't explain it.

I used to be thouroughly convinced it was,but am starting to waver.I was a born again christian,attended bible studies,read the bible over and over-but as of late I am struggling with Christianity.I have got it in my head God has it in for me and my family.I keep getting knocked down,kicked around.It used to never bother me as bad stuff happened to me but I would see flagrant evil people go through life unscathed.Now it bothers me.Things like :why would God allw my brother to burn to death in a car accident?Why allow me to be dang near blind and cannot work from a car accident?A wife who is a medical timebomb,while puked like Howard Stern and the like skate by?

HH,
    I hate the pat awnsers that christians so often use. I would also wonder what God is doing in my life if I were in your shoes. Have you ever considered that God may be proving your faith and that of your familys to saten. Much as in the story of Job. I would long to have Gods say about me "Have you considered my servant Kevin, there is none like him in all the earth, upright and just." Of course Job never heard the compliment of all time. Maybe God is giving you a compliment.

Keep your eyes on the cross, Brother.

excellent reply kevin1313
    take it to heart hack hater, and keep the faith, times are hard for reasons we may never know.

Originally posted by hack hater
    .....while puked like Howard Stern and the like skate by?
    Their apparent success does not mean they are not being held responsible for their actions.

Kevin-I used to be on your end of these questions,so forgive me.But-why would God,just to prove how good and just I was,kill my innocent brother,and not just kill him,die a horrible death-just to prove how just I am?thats isnt fair to my brother.This is what got me thinking.As of late,I am growing to hate God for a lot of the stuff that happens-I know it isnt right,but I do.

God is not responsible for what happened to your brother.

1 John 5:19 puts the blame where it belongs.
    "the whole world is under the control of the evil one."

HH,
    I dont have any idea what you are going through right now. I know that I have never been in your shoes. This is what I know and I dont know how it all works.

God has a plan for you--He wants the very best heaven has to offer for you and your family. Sometimes getting there is tough.

I know that he is shaping you in a more perfect likeness of his son--He is the master potter, we are simply the clay

Above all else--He loves YOU so much that he died, in one of the most painful ways ever devised by man, for you and he did it willingly.

God hasnt left you........

Allow me to give you 2 questions to think about.

1. Hows your prayer life?? Do you take you problems and feelings to the Almighty daily??

2. Hows your bible study life?? Have you been allowing God to speak to you and give you the peace you desire??

I'm praying for you and your family.

If I have rambled please forgive me, I've been up all night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast