Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 62
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,739
    jesus has led us through example, not by force. GOD gave us the choice, it is mans to do with it what he will. I don't believe that GOD wants us to choose hate over love. BUt you have the rigth to tell me different and I can accept that and not think that you are not following jesus also in your own way.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Caos, Jesus Himself said there is only one true God. There is no room anywhere in His teachings that there is room for other gods. Quite the contrary. He taught that to put any other god before Him will result in eternal damnation. He is very clear on that.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,739
    There is a reason that the founding father did that, separate church and state, it was because they had lived in england and englands religion was the only one or else. In many cases "or else" was to leave england and practice your religion in america, or go to jail or be killed. We founded this country of the freedom to practice your own religion in your own way. Yes the whole issue is a pain, for a lot of people, and generally is caused by one side or the other trying to force thier ideas, and then the lawyers get involved. As I said in a previous post, I think there are other problems that GOD would want us to take care of in the world first.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,739
    bootlen I am sorry, but I just don't read it that way. The light may come to you in many different ways, but when you see the ligth, it is your personal light, and you "know" what is right for you. I applaud your strong bliefs, and back you fully for what you believe in. I am not at all and in any way saying that you are wrong, you are right in your belief.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    Originally posted by caosesvida
    There is a reason that the founding father did that, separate church and state, it was because they had lived in england and englands religion was the only one or else. In many cases "or else" was to leave england and practice your religion in america, or go to jail or be killed. We founded this country of the freedom to practice your own religion in your own way. Yes the whole issue is a pain, for a lot of people, and generally is caused by one side or the other trying to force thier ideas, and then the lawyers get involved. As I said in a previous post, I think there are other problems that GOD would want us to take care of in the world first.
    ================================================== =========

    They did not separate church and state. Neither that phrase nor the idea is to be found in any documents in the founding of our nation.

    If you want the truth on this, go to http://www.wallbuilders.com and order Barton's DVD or VHS "America's Godly Heritage". It will open your eyes.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579
    bootlen is absolutely right. The liberals and the media keep repeating this false business about separation of church and state and people simply start assuming it is fact. It is not.

    The site bootlen provided us is a great source for the truth of what our founding fathers actually wrote and said. This is the stuff that our public schools and teachers will not teach our children.


  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    1,018
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    20,677
    ================================================== =========

    What's your point. There is nothing there that disagrees with Holy Scripture.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

    For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

    http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

    Proud member of KA Club

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Eugene, Oregon
    Posts
    1,018
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."--First Amendment to the U.S.A. Constitution

    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579
    Air1 and others. I have yet to see a quality answer as to just what it is about the 10 Commandments that they should not be displayed. They represent good values and are acceptable to all religions and denominations. So, what is the problem? Why are some folks so opposed to them? Are you in favor of murder, stealing, etc..?





  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,909
    In essence I think only a few oppose it. A lawyer here an atheist there.....

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    6,579
    Originally posted by air1
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."--First Amendment to the U.S.A. Constitution

    That is exactly right! This is not separation of church and state as the liberals claim. This prohibits congress and congress alone from establishing a law that establishes one particular state religion. That is all, nothing more. It does not prevent churches or anyone else from getting involved in government or influencing government policy.

    In addition, when the government displays the 10 commandments they are not favoring or establishing any one religion or denomination so they are not violating constitution. The liberals need to learn how to read.



  13. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    3,909
    Originally posted by bb
    In essence I think only a few oppose it. A lawyer here an atheist there.....
    A Good Link

    http://www.noapathy.org/tracts/mythofseparation.html

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event