Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Just what is it about the Ten Commandments that the liberals don't like so much that they want to ban them from being posted in public places?

Are they in favor of stealing, murder, adultery, coveting, lying and taking a day off work to rest?

The commandments do not promote any particular religion as the principles they represent are acceptable to all religions.

I can only come to the conclusion that the liberals are evil if they reject the principles contained in the commandment. The commandments represent the laws our country has established and enforces. We punish those who murder, steal, offer false witness in court etc...

Government separation of church and state is also misunderstood. The only thing the constitution states is that "congress" is prevented from establishing a state religion. That's it, nothing more. The government makes moral judgments all the time when it enforces laws against theft, murder and the rest. The very things stated in the commandments.

It's the fact that the Ten Commandments are an icon of religious faith that bothers them. It is difficult to stand for homosexuallity, irresponsibility in getting pregnant and being able to terminate the child and getting the government to pay for sloth behaviour if you have to feel like our Creator doesn't like these things and wants for us to be better than this.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

When you help kill a million babies a year

The big ten really slaps ya in the face when ya see them!!

Senior Tech Guest
    They don't like being reminded of the rules they break on a routine basis...

Because it makes them worry that the ACLU isnt right
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Thumbs down It's because of

you religious zealots! Hypocrites.

its that church&state thing,it wasnt that long ago they were choppin of baptists heads over in europe.makes a good issue to kick around for twenty years or so....

Let's take the ten commandmnets out of the school's but hand you a Bible first thing when you come to prison?

[Edited by hvacbear on 09-06-2004 at 12:30 AM]
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

I think the agrument is the icon not the actual words, as so many of our discussion here are. But I am sure you know that already, I don't have a problem with it as long as it is a personal choice not an edict. I belive the bible was meant to be a guidebook for living, It is full of a great many wonderous and wise information. I was reading today when the first written copy was made, in spain, which was the hub of civilization at the time. It was compiled by jews, christians and moslems. And gathered all the stories from the nearby lands that jesus had lived. At the time the scribes and scholars of the three main religions were all living in harmony (more or less). With that freedom from hating each other this great accomplishment of making the first written bible was accomplished. Something the human race can applaud. co-operation for the good of all mankind. And the different versions we have today all spring from this original manuscript. If you are interested I will put the title out. It is rather dry readin though.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

oh by the way, mohmmad concieved his religion from combining parts from the jews and the christians. He found it a powerful tool for combing the nomads together into a nation. If it makes a difference I am a christian, and not bashing my religion, just some old history.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

I think

The Ten Commandments/Holy Bible were written as a guide for us to live our lives by. Not as a guide for us to MAKE LAWS BY.

The question was what is the problem with the ten commandments that they need to be removed from public display?

Senior Tech Guest
    And the answer is nothing is wrong with them...and they should be displayed whenever or wherever possible...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast