Smile

Date:9/1/04 11:28:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time
    John Sibley
    2 Desmond Run
    Sicklerville, NJ 08081
    US
    Syblee7@aol.com
    Primary Phone: 856 629 5092

Fresh thinking, life-long learning, service solver.

OBJECTIVE
    My 15 years installing and servicing heating and air conditioning equipment for the residential and light commercial market(s) has taught me that patience, determination, and a commitment to excellence are the tools most valuable to achieving a lasting reputation for providing value to a loyal consumer base. My goals are to keep learning, keep communicating, and keep educating the discriminating buyer whose informed choices support my growth.
    TARGET JOB
    Target Job Title: Lead service tech
    Alternate Target Job Title: service tech
    Desired Job Type: Employee
    Desired Status: Full-Time
    Desired Salary: 41,600.00 USD Per Year
    Site Location: No Preference
    Description of my perfect job:
    My ideal job would be full-time service and installation for a forward-looking, customer-service oriented HVAC or mechanical company that emphasized education and training on a continuing basis. I would have a service vehicle to take home and an HMO-type healthcare plan and some form of retirement or pension plan. Most important to me would be the personal atmosphere or company attitude, the commradery or espris de corp among employees and management.
    Career Level Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
    Date of Availability: Less than 1 month
    TARGET COMPANY
    Company Size: Small (1 - 99)
    Category: Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
    Description of my ideal company:
    There would be a relaxed but businesslike atmosphere among the coworkers at my ideal company. Education and training should be a regularly scheduled activity for all employees. The management would remember that the customer interacts with the service people mainly and should have the attitude that happy techs make customers happy. Trained techs are confident and competent and competitive.
    TARGET LOCATIONS
    Relocate: Yes
    US-NJ-Southern US-PA-Philadelphia
    EXPERIENCE: 7/2003 - 9/2004 Sanders Trade Services Voorhees, NJ
    service tech
    My work with Sanders Trade Services broadened my experience by allowing me to work with licensed electricians and plumbers during times when the HVAC dept. was not as busy. Troubleshooting 3-phase commercial systems added depth to my expertise in complex control malfunctions. I increased my knowledge of air distribution systems and the proper way to measure airflow using instruments to troubleshoot related problems. Financial burdens associated with the transition to larger facilities forced my employer to layoff several employees in an effort to reduce overhead. I was an unfortunate victim of their "downsizing" policy decision.
    4/2002 - 7/2003 Alber Service Co Pennsauken,NJ
    service technician
    While I was with Alber Service I repaired and maintained residential and light commercial HVAC systems in mainly the luxury home and office market. My former employer is well-known for pioneering design and installation projects involving radiant (Infloor) heating for the luxury home buyer. They also have a reputation for being competent and well-trained to service complex state-of-the-art environmental systems for office buildings and medical facilities such as California economizer systems.
    5/1999 - 4/2002 Meenan Oil Co. Tullytown, Pa.
    service technician
    My job was to service and maintain mainly (but not limited to) oil-fired residential heating systems and air conditioners and heat pumps. I was ranked as an A level technician because I came into the organization with experience on air conditioning, heat pumps, and gas-fired equipment. I was able to expand on that experience considerably during the 3 years with Meenan. Their emphasis on continuing education helped keep me up-to-date on new developments in the industry. I added subscriptions to Plumbing & Mechanical and Engineered Systems magazines to my resources while working for Meenan.
    10/1989 - 5/1999 Town & Country Fuel Inc. Waterford, NJ
    Service Manager/Lead technician
    I began my career in the HVAC industry at Town & Country Fuel. I was hired directly from school at Phila. Wireless by my instructor, Joe Petruzzi, who also worked full-time for Town & Country as Service Manager. It was a small, family-owned and operated heating oil company started by his father, Joe Petruzzi Sr., back in the late fifties. During my time there I learned how to service residential oilburners, heat pumps, gas-fired furnaces and boilers, air conditioners, and light commercial refrigeration systems. I began to subscribe to Oilheating magazine soon after I started working there and found their articles invaluable as I began to learn that you never stop learning no matter how much you think you know. Town & Country also helped me expand my experience dealing with customers one-on-one in their homes. When someone lets you come into their home the level of service and the depth of communication changes from what it would be in a more public setting. It requires more of a commitment to understanding your subjects point of view. But, I digress,... this ten years I spent with Town & Country Fuel laid the foundation for my career as a whole and I consider it time well-spent.
    EDUCATION: 4/2003 North American Technician Excellence US-Virginia-Arlington
    Certification
    NATE Certification is earned by passing both a Core exam and at least one Specialty exam with a grade of 70% or higher. My scores were 90% on the Core exam, 88% on Air-To-Air Heat Pump and 83% on Oil Furnaces. A passing score on the Service exam (the version I took) automatically qualifies you for Installation certification. A passing score on the heat pump exam automatically qualifies you for Air Conditioning certification as well
    7/1994 Ferris University US-New Jersey-Maple Shade
    Certification
    This was a course required for CFC certification with which I qualified for Level I and II certification.
    10/1990 Philadelphia Wireless Technical Institute US-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
    Vocational
    Graduated 46 week course in Air Conditioning and 40 week course in Oil & Gas Burner Service
    9/1983 Penn State University US-Pennsylvania-State College
    Some College Coursework Completed
    6/1979 Pinkerton Academy US-New Hampshire-Derry
    High School or equivalent
    SKILLS
    Skill Name Skill Level Last Used Experience
    CDL Holder Intermediate +4 years ago 2 years
    REFERENCES
    Ron Hill
    Sanders Trade Services
    Title: service manager
    Phone: 1-888-333-0630
    Type: Professional
    Bill Alber
    Alber Service Co.
    Title: owner/president
    Phone: 856-317-1750
    Dick Flanagan
    Meenan Oil Co.
    Service Supervisor
    Phone Number: 215-943-3500
    Reference Type: Professional
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    2 years active duty US Army as a Combat Engineer. Honorably Discharged as of 12 Feb 86.

Talking too late

Sorry but I'm no longer available. I tried to edit or delete the original post but was unable to.
    ...SHEEESH!!!

Very nice resume man.