Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Growing up you always had the Chevy vs Ford thing going "and of course we all know Chevy rules" but it was all domestic V8 muscle whether it was Ford, Chevy/GM, or Mopar. Now it's V8 muscle vs rice burners. I admit alot of them look cool and some are very fast but I guess I'm just too old school to buy into the concept of sinking thousands of dollars into a disposable car. It just don't make sense. I was at Thorntons the other day gassing up and these young guys had their cars off to the side so I went over and the one with his hood up on his Neon shows me his turbo and telling me about the special cam and suspension parts and I asked what's the dollar amount invested. He say he's got 8 grand of accesaries in it! A F'n Neon! I compliment the kids only because that's what they like and thank God my son only like domestic muscle. I found a pretty cool site though with nice stickers http://home.grandecom.net/~chughes/temp/ricexws.htm I just ordered the No NOS and the 100% muscle my son wants me to get the Rice Killer.

Do any of you guys get into rice burners? I even put domestic compacts into the rice catagory.

I'm with you I dont understand the fascination with the import scene, some (very few) are fast and tastefully done but the majority are ridiculous, I laugh everytime I see a Honda, stickers all over the car, silly looking body kit, taillights Richard Simmons would be pround of, and a very obnoxious exhaust that sounds like a fart...

Friends dont let friends drive rice

[Edited by swampfox on 09-04-2004 at 09:20 AM]

I agree with ya-I like the old 'vettes and camaros,chevelles,etc.These new rice burners dont do anything for me-same with the cycles.Gimme a Harley and day.

never seen one .....

my chevelle couldn't smoke ! ... No Replacement for Displacement ... she's packinn' a 502 ........

this is a pic of the car my father and i built
    its a classic roadster kit car(replica) of the '67 shelby cobra;however my father and i are both chevy fans therefore it has a chevy drivetrain(400 small block bored out to a 406, 350turbo tranny w/ shift kit,ford 9" rearend w/ 3:73 gears)it took us about a year to get it all together...we done all the work and rebuilds ourself-except for the paintjob

i like watching the rice burners faces when we drive it through town

I really can't understand how some people actually like that crap. Now I'm not saying there isn't a few ricers that are nice and fast but not many.

Ever since the bi and the curious, err fast and furious came out it's gotten crazy. I can't stand the sound of 99.9% of them fart can exhausts, funny how my 350 powered super heavy work van would probably keep up with most of them in a race. It's cool to see kids into cars, I think more people should be interested in them, but it'd be nice to see more "real" cars around.

It'd be nice to see the car companies get back into muscle cars, or at least a reasonably priced car that could be souped up and made to be something. Cut back on the SUV's and the front wheel drive crap!

Nice ride service guy..

I love old cars, just don't have money to get one yet. I would like to get a 1971 1/2 Camaro with the split front bumper. I found one once for 11G's but it was all set up for drag racing, drag slicks, blown, NoX, the works. I'd like to find one and set it up for road racing. Right now I have a rough looking but very strong running 1987 Chevy 3/4 ton. It has a built 350 4 bolt with 350TH tranny and a 4:10 rear. It spins about 4,000rpm at 70mph, so it's not really any good for interstates, not to mention the stifff as hell suspension. I've replaced almost everything on it but the body. I'd like to sell it and get a car or Harley though now.

As far as car companies getting back into building muscle cars. The GTO's are fast as hell but a big dissapointment in the looks department and they are NOT cheap. The Hemi Chrysler 300's packs a hell of a punch and the Magnum can rip **** up too but they really aren't that great looking. With Ford bringing back the 60's styling in the Mustangs maybe that'll get Chevy encouraged to try something with Camaro's again, and they better not be front wheel drive.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

why ??

why in the world ??? woulda ya wanna buy an emission controlled, federally stamped, hands off ! .. "hemi" or somethin' ?? whadda they cost 30 g's ??/ i got a '66 impala s/s. a '66 chevelle convert. a '66 el camino, a'71 s/s chevelle 502 .... 'an i stll aint spent the 30 g's

What is your anti-rice?

this is mine...

That has to be a 86 GT

Bought the wife one of those in white that year.

85 actually, looks the same as an 86 GT except doesnt have a 3rd brake light, also carb instead of EFI

Here's my rice eater. Those are nice cars guys.

The engine looks kinda crappy in that picture the carb came loose somehow and leaked gas all over but it's all cleaned up and fixed now.I ran a 13.6 in the 1/4 last year. Every time I plan on going this year something comes up. I'm only running a 373 gear but if everything goes right I'm getting a 12 bolt 411 set up. Bad part about that is when we do the cruise to Somerset I'll have to switch it out with the 373.

Hey Swamp, didn't I see a pic of that Stang doing a wheelie?
    I had a 76' Mustang II with Cobra kit on it and after I blew the 302 I put in a 351W with fender well headers and all. That baby would launch but never did run it at the track.

No wheelies for me, best is 13.2 @ 104

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast