Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RUSSIAN SCHOOL

I can't phathom the desperation these people show. Take a school by force (bet that was tough) and kill children (another tough-man act). Do these people have any conscious? If this is how they want to live their lives, then I don't think we should allow them to consume our precious resources. I know we hate them as bad as they hate us, but I pray we would never stoop this low. Is this how religion should be? Kill someone because they don’t believe like you do? Maybe I am unable to see how bad it is for the Islamic people, the persicussion, the misunderstanding. What I see is a hateful people, who will do anything to destroy people who do not believe their way.
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

and russia just abolish the death penalty. maybe this time they will make an exeption.

There is no doubt that this was a sad affair. The troops used were not trained well enough in this type of situation. I'm sure NYPD gets more hours per year training in hostage situations than anyone in the Russian army ever accumulated. What the 'Muslim' rebels thought they would gain, God only knows.

As to the lack of understanding between Arabs and Caucasians, it flows both ways. Its easy to scream that we should kill all of the people we think might pose a threat, but I think it would be smarter to figure out why they don't like us in the first place, and do something about the image problem.

There is a hell of a book called "The Seven Sisters" about the rise of big oil from Getty to EXXON that was published some years ago which details a timeline that leads right to where we are now with the Middle East. Many of our problems with these people are the direct result of Western exploitation in pursuit of their oil. It ain't pretty, but we did it and now we live with the results. Some people got rich, some were made poor, many on both sides were made dead, and lots of Arabs are plenty pissed without a clear target.

It was made into a documentary film that I saw on PBS once. Definitely worth a read if you want to understand what their problem with us is.

This conflict did not start recently, and if we don't do something about the underlying tensions, it won't go away tomorrow. I feel sometimes that we are about to re-enact the Crusades, and if you check your history you'll see that the Christians suffered a great cost. If you haven't watched "Lawrence of Arabia" lately, I recommend it. We just don't understand their culture.

We need more reason brought to bear on these issues, or no amount of force will help. God help the innocents.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

I've already vented on this issue. Too damn sad. I'd better stop there cause when it comes to killing children.....

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 09-04-2004 at 03:06 AM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Originally posted by air of honesty
    There is no doubt that this was a sad affair. The troops used were not trained well enough in this type of situation. I'm sure NYPD gets more hours per year training in hostage situations than anyone in the Russian army ever accumulated. What the 'Muslim' rebels thought they would gain, God only knows.

As to the lack of understanding between Arabs and Caucasians, it flows both ways. Its easy to scream that we should kill all of the people we think might pose a threat, but I think it would be smarter to figure out why they don't like us in the first place, and do something about the image problem.

There is a hell of a book called "The Seven Sisters" about the rise of big oil from Getty to EXXON that was published some years ago which details a timeline that leads right to where we are now with the Middle East. Many of our problems with these people are the direct result of Western exploitation in pursuit of their oil. It ain't pretty, but we did it and now we live with the results. Some people got rich, some were made poor, many on both sides were made dead, and lots of Arabs are plenty pissed without a clear target.

It was made into a documentary film that I saw on PBS once. Definitely worth a read if you want to understand what their problem with us is.

This conflict did not start recently, and if we don't do something about the underlying tensions, it won't go away tomorrow. I feel sometimes that we are about to re-enact the Crusades, and if you check your history you'll see that the Christians suffered a great cost. If you haven't watched "Lawrence of Arabia" lately, I recommend it. We just don't understand their culture.

We need more reason brought to bear on these issues, or no amount of force will help. God help the innocents.
    This don't have **** to do with oil and is typical of radical Islam. The world is not going to keep putting up with this. They will lose and the question is "How many of them will die" The Russian's know who they are now. They know who their families are. Their families will suffer. I know that much about their culture. FORCE IS THE ONLY THING THEY UNDERSTAND!!

“When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives.” (Quran47.4).

"And when the sacred months are passed, kill those who join other gods with God [i.e. moshrekin.] wherever ye shall find them; and seize them, besiege them, and lay wait for them with every kind of ambush: but if they shall convert, and observe prayer, and pay the obligatory alms, then let them go their way, for God is Gracious, Merciful."(Quran 9:5)

Bodies of schoolchildren killed in a school seizure seen in Beslan, North Ossetia, Friday, Sept. 3, 2004.

[Edited by James 3528 on 09-04-2004 at 07:52 AM]

It is hard to fathom this kind of brutality.This is wrong in the strongest sense! These acts are directed by pure emotion and desperation. But if you were one of them it would make perfect sense.Just as much sense as killing all of them makes to you. The whole oil issue is combined with the issue of have and have nots,in the end this is what the crusades was all about, and most wars under what every God that they are fought. In the end its about someone who wants something that is not his to have. So he takes it with force. I am reading a book about the history of spain at the moment which deals greatly with the crusades also. The moors wanted the wealth of spain and then the christians wanted it. The christians won. then came the inqusition, try and figure out how the christian GOD wanted to kill and horribly torture, burn alive, rip arms and legs off, more horrible things than what we are seeing today. The answer is no GOD wants that, it the people who want the power and the money who tell the poor and desperate, thats what god told me to do, or it is written. Its not the religion its the people, like its not the guns its the people who kill people. How do we break this chain? I whish that we all could figure that one out. These events have been repeated throughout history with the same basic pricipals behind them. In this one sense I wonder if we, as a culture, have advanced much.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

Senior Tech Guest
    The bottom line is God will deal with those that done this to children...and their torture here will be minimal to what they suffer while burning in hell...

The Russian also have the nuke

They may be the first to use it on al-queda targets!!

Hiel Bush!!!

rob10 what is the 8/10 refer to?

Boss sold the site on E-bay

Even with all that extra coin

I bet Don still does not have a decent pair of shoes or car!!

Wow, I misses that I was away for a while at that time. How wil l that affect this forum?

James, Dice, Rob10

Have applied to be moderators of the ARP!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast