i'm totally disillusioned by the election campains that's going on, attacks and hollow promises yet no clear agenda on how that promises are going to be carried out, kerry was promising to stop the job hemorage but he never stated how he is going to accomplish this, we are wasting money in iraq i.e. build a new detention facility to replace abu graib yet that money could better be spent at home, bush promises to return troops home, which is not a bad idea, all the money they spend in a foriegn country would do better here. besides that those country should burden their own defense anyway.
    employment , jobs, healthcare, social security and domestic security should be on top of the list, oh forgot to mention taxes, honestly i believe there should be no deductions straight forward 6% of income regardless of how much would be fair on everyone because we would all share the burden, and this should be applied to corporate america.
    i also believe we should leavy an import tax on everything brought into this country at a minimun a receprocating trade aggrement if they want to export something to this country they should import something in return.
    companies that move their operations specialy manufacturing should be penalized, maybe it might cost more in prices but if that money was used to create jobs at home it would be worth it. i could rant and rave for hours but it seems to fall on deft ears, sure you could contact your local representative but i've yet to get hold of him, i tried to get hold of the senator from my district but he is too busy to be available, this girl took my number and he is yet to return the call.

These new campaign finance reforms have turned this election into a total mud slinging fest. Since so much money is able to be spent on "not" supporting your choice of candidate these idiots are spending all their efforts on slandering the candidate they don't like.

If we really want to have a fair campaign finance reform we need to stipulate that only funds that have been generated by the candidates from those who support them. Of course, corporations and such would need to still be limited to keep them from buying the election but this would keep only the wealthiest Americans from being the exclusive leaders of our country.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I agree that this election process is rotten to the core.for so many organic reasons,we'll skip mentioning them.

but ,
    I feel that the scharade of this mud slinging is to cover up the fact that there is really little difference between these two candidates on the important issues.

sure topical"emotion" issues,they seem different...abortion,gay marrige,etc.things that appeal to their respective cultural supporters.but have no real importance.

but they are vying to herald the cause celeb of the american/international/multinational monetary powerbases.

they will have the same foreign policies.

we will get more "free trade"(american companies making money "off-shore",saving tax and labor burdens)americans losing good jobs.
    tariff's and duties will be eased (for the benefit to multinational intrests at the expense of domestic ones)
    monetary policies will favor the blue chips(tax breaks,subsidies(from corporate welfare to US troop protection of their foreign intrests)
    free trade zones will be expanded.
    strengthening the power of the WTO and other UN sponsored abuses to the real sovernty of the USA.
    the co-option of "consumer protective entities by the industries they are supposed to protect the public from;i.e.
    the FDA,the SEC,the FCC.etc.

the power will be further removed from the people,
    the accountability to abuses by the gov't shall dwindle and be even more remote.
    rational endeavers that would strenthen this country will be neglected while irrational actions are taken.(like going to war in the gulf and causing the world to hate the US when we could be spending that 200 billion dollars this year on renewable energy infrastucture and innovation,spending that money IN america.not giving it to halliburton and bechtel to blow off contracts in iraq.)

so to say... I see smoke and mirrors.
    two skulls and bonesmen...they are not as different as they claim to be.

You have no clue

John/John could not run a lemonade stand without a federal grant, much less handle the affairs of the only superpower in the world. If push came to shove who in the hell do you think would have the nuts to press the "N" button if needed. It dang sure wouldn't be a treasonist coward like Kerry!!BTW, Kerry probably considers "Barberella" starring Hanoi Jane as the greatest "hot chick flick"!!

[Edited by rob10 on 09-04-2004 at 09:03 PM]

remembrane

If you really want to experience how our economy works, do some research and put some coin in the stock market. Your paranoid/phsycotic nightmares may decrease!!

Originally posted by remember
    {Snip}

the power will be further removed from the people,
    the accountability to abuses by the gov't shall dwindle and be even more remote.
    {Snip}
    This I do agree with you on.

It's a function of legislators not doing their job of representing, and of activist judges making up the rules as they go along.

Right to privacy my a**. There's all sorts of new problems being legislated in the judiciary now ever since they pulled that one out of the hat.

Eric K

there is no representation in the goverment, once an individual is elected he is no longer responsible to anybody for what he does anyway how can we as a people keep up with what goes on in the goverment, its too much beurocratic red tape that hides everything, besides he's in for four no big deal. a good example in nj they passed the cell phone regulation its illegal to use the phone while driving is this enforcable no , but dont drive without your seatbelt and the local cops will pull you over and cite you, why even bother to pass a law then.

[Edited by Edmund Forsthe on 09-05-2004 at 09:42 PM]

Re: You have no clue

Originally posted by rob10
    Kerry probably considers "Barberella" starring Hanoi Jane as the greatest "hot chick flick"!!

[Edited by rob10 on 09-04-2004 at 09:03 PM]
    Now see; it's things like this that prove I really am a moderate at heart. As much as I detest the things that Jane Fonda has done and truly feel she should have been executed as a traitor I just love "Barbarella, Queen of the Universe". What a classic "B" sci-fi fantasy movie.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV