Thread: Jon Stewart

Now here's an entertainer/comedian who is obviously left oriented. That's ok by me, most entertainers are and even more so with the comedians. Still, I do enjoy Jon Stewarts show most of the time.

Well...I watched how Jon Stewart depicted the Democratic National Convention and then the Republican National Convention and I gotta tell ya; the one on the Dems was hilarious. Don't get me wrong, Stewart picked up on some obvious points of the Republican convention such as the continuous panning of minorities in the audience. But overall, the Dems just gave Stewart so much more to work with.

My favorite; "Stewart's version of what Dem's like about Kerry". Showing a smattering of on the street interviews the most common answer to this was "because he is not Bush".

Stewart then went on to show his version of Kerry's life which started out with his "not being born Bush". Immediately after being slapped into life Kerry was awarded his first purple heart, according to Stewart. I was on the floor over this one. The rest of this sketch showed how John Kerry was "not Bush" throughout his life. So, the thing that Kerry supporters like about him most is "he is not Bush". Just an added sidebar to that; maybe not being Bush means that he is not presidential material.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

funny show that is.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

Thumbs up Jon Stewart's show

is "Fair and Balanced". Just like Fox News.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    So, the thing that Kerry supporters like about him most is "he is not Bush". Just an added sidebar to that; maybe not being Bush means that he is not presidential material.
    I like that

If it were not for politics, we would not have nearly the amount of comedians as much of their material comes from the white house, be it Dem or Rep. Jon is a hoot, but his reporters some times steal the show.

Re: Jon Stewart's show

Originally posted by motorboy1
    is "Fair and Balanced". Just like Fox News.
    Now see! This is just the sort of drivel that makes me wonder if leftist thinking people have a sense of humor or are more like the Borg with a collective thought process.

Talking

One thing that is consistant among them though, they always bring a full bottle of piss and vineger to the web site.

"You will be assimilated". The government will take care of all of your needs and you will be able to do whatever you want as long as the government allows it. Of course you cannot worship as you choose, when you choose; that is offensive to the government. "Resistance is futile". You will be with us as one or we will demonstrate and come up with really bad one line bumper sticker remarks about you. "You will be assimilated".