Thread: is this true

there but for the grace of god, go all of us

OMG! It's on the internet so it must be true.

Hey, cas. Wanna buy a bridge? Got one I'll sell ya cheap!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

yeah I know, but seriouosly, I am wondering if the information is false or true

Some of it is true, some of it is false. Some of it is understated, some of it is grossly embellished.

I recommend you get info from somewhere besides a left wing website. All they know how to do is lie. But at least they are very good at it.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

kerry participated in the anti war movement very little to any of it he has said anything abouth, it's his right to protest like everybody ealse, but what gets me he got rid of his awards which to me is like a slap on the face, and now he wants the votes of the veterans that were treated like **** upon their return,
    bush took the easy way out, i honestly believe he used connections to get to out of going to vietnam, but now none of that can be proven, reacords were conveniently lost and cant be located. its all a bunch of bs, there will never be another honest president who is poor who will ever be elected again the last one was abe
    its all an illussion and who has the most money now will be elected

The facts seem to be pretty accurate. Obviously slanted in the Kerry direction by focus and phrasing, but no lies that I can see.

Bush came under pretty close scrutiny while running here in Texas, and I always wondered why these issues didn't seem to stick to him. Guess he got some of that Teflon.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

if you like that kind of reading,try rotten.com,daily news,dont look at the other stuff if you got a weak stomach,theres a piece in there about bushes lost year.might be true, might not...........................

I agree with the money makes the president. From what I have seen in local, (first hand ) politics, in order to win or operate you have to do favors. these favors make you do somethings that go against your true beliefs, the more you do it, the easier it gets. I guess this applies to all things not just politics. You see it in our industry also, I guess that is who we call "hacks". Its a damn shame.

Both men used their resources to better themselves during this time. While the basic first line of each comment is true, all the rest is extreme leftest embelishment and slander.

No one can tell our military organizations where they will serve, so the remark about President Bush saying he doesn't want to serve overseas is irrelevant if there is any merit to it at all.

If President Bush was in the 25 percentile, what ever that even means, with his pilot training, the fact is that the United States Air Force does not hand over multi-million dollar aircraft to those who are not qualified to fly them.

Most of what is stated about President Bush on that forum is heresay, conjecture or possibly sheer fabrications. Most of what is stated about John Kerry is hype.

VietNam has no business being an issue in this campaign. Kerry is the one who consistantly tries to abuse his short term career in VietNam for personal gain. This issue is extremely boring to most and offensive to those of us of age to serve during the conflict.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I also don't belive this should be an issue. But in the end aren't we all voting for the philosophy or certain issues of the party not the man. There is a good chance non of us would personally like either candidate, after all they all are lawyers. lol? I guess we should concetrate on the issues that the party's put forth rather than the candidate. But we hear that a lot of people vote for the candidate that has the nice hair or the pretty face or what ever. Can we judge the people running for office by what is put forth by thier campains or the press? Uusually we like to get information first hand or by someone we really trust before making a decision like we are making. IT seems that getting that kind of information is either very hard or nearly impossible. Maybe for the most part we are all guessing and hoping the the person we put in office will do the right thing. And in the end the right thing is hard to tell till after time has passed. Some of us voting have seen the effects and felt fisthand the aftermath of ww2, korea, vietnam and the other operations the US. So we have some history of it. But a very big part of the voting population now has not. As we get on they will be voting the government in with no personal history of such things. I wonder what we will be saying 10 years from now??

Actually, Kerry and Edwards are both lawyers. Edwards is a true ambulance chaser.

W and Cheney are businessmen.

I am of the opinion that anyone with a law degree should be banned from political office, that no one may serve in any position longer than 8 years, there should be NO retirement benefits from serving in a political office, the salary of the highest paid politician should not exceed 2/3 of that of the national average income, and any politician found taking a bribe would be shot dead through the heart. The one offering the bribe would lose ALL constitutional rights.

That way, 1) any law that is passed will have an effect on the politician after he leaves office and he'll be a little more sensitive to keeping the stupidity out; 2) there will be few laws that benefit that elite group of people known as lawyers; 3) anyone seeking office will know ahead of time that there is nothing to gain monetarily by serving and they therefore will be truly "serving"; and 4) they would think more than once as to whether they would take a bribe.

Just MHO.

Proud member of KA Club

good point bootlen,escept for the shooting part, I think they would suffer more having "relations" with other cellmates> I wonder who would take the jobs with those stipulations? I guess add to that making decisions that would affect companies that are going to hire you after you leave office. There are laws that are supposed to protect us from that, but there always seems to be loop holes somehow.