Any temporary solutions for our mold IAQ problem?

Hello all,

We're now several months into a mold remediation nightmare of our chronic water damaged San Francisco building that tested positive for Stachybotrys, Penicilium/Aspergillus and Cladosporium. Our landlord used her general contractor friend instead of a certified mold remediator, and he's unfortunately done his best to minimize the protocols and work outlined by the CIH mold consultant. He then failed proper containment, cross contaminated our home, etc...the first 5 week relocation adventure lead to a flawed "post remediation verification report" instead of an actual "clearance report". According to an authoritative environmental engineer expert, the spore trap data clearly shows continued mold growth inside our flat. Also, the landlord did not remediate or test the lower flat nor the ground floor garage/in-law unit (where flooding, water damage and mold growth is certain). We're still experiencing upper respiratory symptoms when home (sinus congestion, headaches, itchy eyes, tight chest, digestive problems, etc.) We're using several room HEPAs; we've sealed off the furnace vents b/c of suspected infiltration from the basement mold; etc. Moving is not a financial option for us.

While we press onward for a proper remediation of the entire 3 floor/3 unit building, we hope to temporarily supplement the indoor air quality with some window based appliances (even if I have to rig something up that's cost effective -- retrofitting ducts will be difficult in this 1920s plaster-lath construction duplex with no attic). Due to the foggy summers near the ocean, outdoor humidity is often very high, and indoor humidity is often in the high 50s to low 60%.

My thought is to pull fresh ventilated air from the ocean side of the building, heat and/or dehumidify it, to create some positive pressure fresh air to ventilate our living space and also prevent spore infiltration from the lower two mold-infested floors in this circa 1920s hardwood, plaster, lath, redwood, insulation-free construction.

What are our best options? Any inexpensive temporary solutions while we haggle with the landlord to remediate properly?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and collective wisdom!

PS: I am envisioning some kind of window-mounted HRV devices (2 or 3), but I'm not sure if that's exactly what's needed...rental might be an option if you know of any sources...

I would but negative air machines on each level exhausting out with the bigger units on the un-used floors. This will help pull out the air borne mold from inside the home. How high were the levels?