I have a problem with a Carrier DC motor. It stopped running and I'm not confident with the Carrier check out proceedure. On the second set for the EZ board I got a reading of +12.0 volts. Good readings are between +5 and +10 DC volts. The rest checks ok. Are there other ways to directly check the motor (ie; jump it out)? Are the test meters for them? Thanks, Tomtech.

O.h.M's Law ring a bell.

try the residential forum, you may have better luck.

I've changed a couple of those. If you get good readings from the board, and it's still in warranty, which you'll have to check, then I'd suggest changing the whole motor module. The last time I got one it was sold as one unit. I'll see if I can come up with the actual check out for you, I may still have it somewhere. Or you can get info on ICM motors.

They are expensive! Good luck.

I thought carriers check out procedure was to buy & use an icm motor tester?Which motor are you talking about?what is the equipment type & model number?
    Take your time & do it right!

Markwolf is right, you need model and serial number, and talk to Carrier too. Don't know about tester, but sounds reasonable to me.

I found some information on the subject that I got from a class given by Carrier, and it talks mostly about voltages from the board, and at the motor.

There is high voltage, and low voltage present at the unit. The five pin connector is high voltage. Check high voltage at motor pins 4,5 of five pin connector should always have high voltage. NEVER REMOVE THIS 5 PIN CONNECTOR FROM THE MOTOR WITH THE POWER ON! Arcing could damage components or program.

Low voltage, check for 24 volts AC at R-C on the control board. Pins 8,9 of sixteen pin connector should have 24 v AC.

Call for Y/Y2, and check low voltage pins 1,14 of sixteen pin connector. (should have 12 V DC)
    Call for W1, and check low voltage pins 1,2 of sixteen pin connector. (should have 24V AC )

Beyond this, check the manual, it should have all the troubleshooting in it. Call Carrier tech support too, that may be the quickest way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to everyone. I did the diagnostic check for voltages and resistance from Carriers check list. Tech support said the most common failure was the motor control board, so I took it apart and found a burnt section on the board. That board is the rectifier. It seems to be working fine. Carrier does offer test equipment for this system but they didn't seem too interested in getting them out there. Thanks again, Tom.