Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 159
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    There is no helping you period. The simple fact is that Clinton had to go along with the majority Republicans in Congress because they stuck to their principles and improved the economy.

    Regan forced the liberal but not socialist (read commie loving) Democrats to cut taxes because they wanted to be reelected in districts where the majority of voters were true Americans and not poisoned with the welfare socialist's mindset. But that is over your head or like most socialists refuse to admit it. Thank you very much
    1993 defecit reduction plan passed without a single republican vote, There was some bipartisan votes later in his 2 terms, imagine that. And things were not that great under Reagan, don't fool yourself.
    "True American" like you, true low brow,history changing, name calling, faux christian, hate filled, facist cowards like you.


    "I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature"
    Thomas Jefferson

    "If Christ were here today there is one thing he would not be- a Christian"
    Mark Twain
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Connectitaxed
    Posts
    2,644
    I think this thread has taken a bad turn....I'm out.

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    "True American" like you, true low brow,history changing, name calling, faux christian, hate filed, facist like you.
    Just to keep things civil I will put my official hat on here. Let's stay away from the personal comments on all sides, there is enough to discuss with the topic at hand. You can be passionate about your views and still treat the other posters with a level of respect.

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Just to keep things civil I will put my official hat on here. Let's stay away from the personal comments on all sides, there is enough to discuss with the topic at hand. You can be passionate about your views and still treat the other posters with a level of respect.
    Fine

    Read the previous post. That was a very measured response back at his name calling accusations. Hell read almost every post. A liberal finally responds in kind and all things must cease. I guess I get the rules around here. If the namecalling stops I'll be very happy, thank you
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Fine

    Read the previous post. That was a very measured response back at his name calling accusations. Hell read almost every post. A liberal finally responds in kind and all things must cease. I guess I get the rules around here. If the namecalling stops I'll be very happy, thank you
    As I said, so far we have been playing in a relativity cordial manner. Just preempting it going south and not really concerned by which party.

    And to make myself clear, when I put on my official hat I am not open for discussion.

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,593
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Just to keep things civil I will put my official hat on here. Let's stay away from the personal comments on all sides, there is enough to discuss with the topic at hand. You can be passionate about your views and still treat the other posters with a level of respect.
    Printer, I'm calling foul here. I never called page names like he just called me. I strongly disagreed with his strongly partisan view of history. But do please go back and read my post. I did not use none of the language that he did.

    This has happen before when I disagree with folks of the left with a good argument and say there wrong they lose it. And get away with it apparently with no consequences other than a statement like all need to calm down.

    I didn't start this, sustain it or continue it. Just getting tired of being on the receiving end of hate speech here. Just wanted say my 2 cents. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,593
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    As I said, so far we have been playing in a relativity cordial manner. Just preempting it going south and not really concerned by which party.

    And to make myself clear, when I put on my official hat I am not open for discussion.
    Sorry printer didn't see your post which came in one minute before mine. That was my one and only comment anyway on this event. Thanks Glenn
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,784
    Reagan was a good prez...... but I doubt he was repsonsible for anything to do with the nation during his last two years....

    I heard he spent his last couple of years in office under heavy meds.... he was sh*tt*ing in hall closets and fishing in the pool from what I have heard.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Reagan was a good prez...... but I doubt he was repsonsible for anything to do with the nation during his last two years....

    I heard he spent his last couple of years in office under heavy meds.... he was sh*tt*ing in hall closets and fishing in the pool from what I have heard.
    That's true it is also the biggest reason nothing more came of the Contra affair, it would have been too embaressing for us all
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,593
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Reagan was a good prez...... but I doubt he was repsonsible for anything to do with the nation during his last two years....

    I heard he spent his last couple of years in office under heavy meds.... he was sh*tt*ing in hall closets and fishing in the pool from what I have heard.
    Corny please give us a credible source for your wild charges.

    Oh let me guess you not only know all the insider info in the entertainment business (stories that even the Hollywood gossip columnist haven't heard) but also have insider confidential info into the Regan WH that no body else has heard of and even the muckrakers of the Democratic Party who regularly make up lies about Republicans and conservatives every day.

    Please tell us that you have proof and reveal this startling news. We have patience and will wait for your reply with proof. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,784
    It was from an email I got from "a friend"..... I can post the contents of the email if you wish....but I pretty much laid out the contents above.

    From an email that I got in my inbox glenn......so you know its true......

    an email from a friend glenn..... Im sure 10s of thousands got the same email....so you know its true.... got it in 1998 or 99 and again in 2003, 2006, and 2010..... and you know good and well that if an email is recirculated many times...even after the subject matter has long passed....its got to be true.

    Cut and pasted from the email.....

    Dear Friend,

    Did you know that during his last two terms in office that President Ronald Reagan was heavily medicated and was reduced to a completely useless imbecile who was using closets and planters as toilets and was even found on several occasions trying to fish in the white house pool. On several occasions there was not even any water in the pool but the president still insisted he was catching many fish but must have been releasing them as he could not produce any when asked to.

    There ya go glenn......100 percent solid irrefutable proof from a chain email.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,593
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    It was from an email I got from "a friend"..... I can post the contents of the email if you wish....but I pretty much laid out the contents above.

    From an email that I got in my inbox glenn......so you know its true......

    an email from a friend glenn..... Im sure 10s of thousands got the same email....so you know its true.... got it in 1998 or 99 and again in 2003, 2006, and 2010..... and you know good and well that if an email is recirculated many times...even after the subject matter has long passed....its got to be true.

    Cut and pasted from the email.....

    Dear Friend,

    Did you know that during his last two terms in office that President Ronald Reagan was heavily medicated and was reduced to a completely useless imbecile who was using closets and planters as toilets and was even found on several occasions trying to fish in the white house pool. On several occasions there was not even any water in the pool but the president still insisted he was catching many fish but must have been releasing them as he could not produce any when asked to.

    There ya go glenn......100 percent solid irrefutable proof from a chain email.
    Wow so I will now send out a chain email and say the you are gay and then that would be true. What a concept. Give us all a break corny. Thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 07-18-2010 at 01:56 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    S.C.
    Posts
    1,390
    Hard to argue with the Current Polls...

    Along with healthcare - the biggest social reform in decades - and his $US787 billion economic stimulus, this makes an astonishing legislative hat-trick. Yet while Obama is one of the most successful presidents in terms of passing legislation, his popularity has sunk to a new low. A CBS/New York Times poll last week gave him an approval rating of just 44 per cent.

    Under fire from the Left, independents are abandoning him and the Right is already celebrating his imminent downfall.

    While Obama's poll ratings may be bad, those for congress are far worse. A recent Wall Street Journal/NBC poll found 72 per cent of Americans disapproved of congress. There is even a website, Get Out of Our House, aimed at forming a coalition of candidates to get rid of every sitting congressman. "I wouldn't get too smug if I was a Republican," said Alan Colmes, a Fox News radio host. Pointing out that previous presidents also languished in the polls halfway through their first term, he said: "It's a marathon, not a sprint."

    And here's the "First Family" on vacation this week. Nice dog.

    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event