Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 159
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Reagan moved us from being a creditor nation to the largest debtor nation, moved us from a manufacturing nation to a consumer based economy. Which is at the core of our problem today. Increased the debt 450%, job growth under him just kept up with the increase in population. Unemployment was 7.1% when he came into office and was 9.5% 2-3 years later. If you were alive then you should know this. If not you should know it anyway. Learn some history.
    "Squandered" lol Clinton ran a surplus LOL

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics
    GlennAC
    How about those facts. You make a post with a cute poster and yet say nothing. Or should I say "nada"? That is for our Spanish speaking friends.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  2. #15
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    GlennAC
    How about those facts. You make a post with a cute poster and yet say nothing. Or should I say "nada"? That is for our Spanish speaking friends.
    Hey Pagey, are you really going to stick with that article as an indictment of Reagan's presidency? Did you read the whole thing or just the deficit parts? Were you alive in the late 70's and early 80's?

    You can choose to explain yourself if you wish or you can stick with Wilkipedia.

    70% marginal tax rate???? I guess the money is in better hands in Washington DC than in the hands of those who actually earned it.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    Hey Pagey, are you really going to stick with that article as an indictment of Reagan's presidency? Did you read the whole thing or just the deficit parts? Were you alive in the late 70's and early 80's?

    You can choose to explain yourself if you wish or you can stick with Wilkipedia.

    70% marginal tax rate???? I guess the money is in better hands in Washington DC than in the hands of those who actually earned it.
    Everything I said is true and I could have added more, no explaination needed. And yes I was alive and even if I wasn't I research and learn. Facts are facts wherever they're from as long as they are facts. Do I have to post multible credible sources now lol.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Home&Marine View Post
    Geee whiz. At this point, can you name any DEMOCRAT that's been worse? (For you Dems, Bush jr. was Not a Democrat and No Mater What You Think, He will be AHEAD of Obama) Yes sir, we all "thought" Carter was a Dufuss and that Billy would have done better (heck yea, Billy Beer). From a race standpoint I really hate Yo'Bama is dragging up the bottom since it's always going to be a Raciest thing. Not the Color of the Person But the Actions!

    At this point I'm just hoping that we can survive the rest of his Term. It really looks pretty scary to me. We are going to Suffer for years after he's gone from policies and Idiots that he has put in positions. I'm still appalled at the amount of people who were fooled during the election.






    Almost make me Wish for Interest Rates of the Carter Years! CD's are currently paying 1%!!!!!
    The interest rate issue does go both ways. Even though it was a lot more difficult to get a mortgage, we did get it at 4.875%
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  5. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In the Hudson Valley of New York
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    What your joking aren't you? Who could ever imagine the unemployment rate going down under Obama? Other than a massive socialized government work program with minimum wage and the whole country up in arms. 5% would be a miracle with the country screwed up so bad right now and getting worse with his commie bills. Even Regan would have a hard time getting it that low that soon. Thank you, thank you very much
    Come 2011 we are going to have Mega tax increases, and the can only lead to mega unemployment.

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The interest rate issue does go both ways. Even though it was a lot more difficult to get a mortgage, we did get it at 4.875%
    Well you guys are getting a little better. That big posting by RoBo and all he can allude to is one fact about interest rates. Usually it's a posting just as large with no facts only name calling etc. But of course had to do some of that too.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Well you guys are getting a little better. That big posting by RoBo and all he can allude to is one fact about interest rates. Usually it's a posting just as large with no facts only name calling etc. But of course had to do some of that too.
    Didn't your mama ever teach you that if you can't say something nice about someone that you should say notion at all? I don't indulge in name calling. I simply accurately describe you idiots.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    In case one wonders whether PPP’s sample is to blame, the partisan split favors Democrats by five points, 39/34. That’s probably overstating the actual size of the gap and the percentage of Democrats in the general population, which means that the independents got short shrift as well. Also note that this poll surveyed registered voters, not likely voters — a sampling technique that would tend to favor Democrats and Obama a little more."
    Q13 Would you describe yourself as a liberal,
    moderate, or conservative?
    Liberal .................................................. ........... 19%
    Moderate.......................................... ............... 38%
    Conservative...................................... ............. 43%


    Q15 If you are a Democrat, press 1. If you are a
    Republican, press 2. If you are an independent
    or identify with another party, press 3.
    Democrat .................................................. ...... 39%
    Republican........................................ .............. 34%
    Independent/Other.......................................... 27%
    Not many liberals in the crowd. Maybe there are far fewer in the Democrats than one would think.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by pageyjim View Post
    Everything I said is true and I could have added more, no explaination needed. And yes I was alive and even if I wasn't I research and learn. Facts are facts wherever they're from as long as they are facts. Do I have to post multible credible sources now lol.
    Yes! Facts are facts. I couldn't agree more. I am just asking if you are going to stick with this article to make your point.

    I will ask again. Did you read the entire article or just copy and paste?

    I am giving you a chance to save face here.

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Percent increase
    ..................Federal spending, federal debt, and GDP

    1978-1981....Carter........17.2%.....-0.4%.......9.4%
    1982-1985....Reagan......14.5%......49.0%.....11.2%
    1986-1989....Reagan.......7.4%.......40.2%.....15.9%
    1990-1993....Bush..........7.8%........32.7%.......6.5%
    1994-1997....Clinton.......4.3%........13.2%......14.2%
    1998-2001....Clinton.......8.1%........-0.2%......14.2%
    2002-2005....Bush.........18.9%........22.8%......9.0%

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...idential_terms

    So it looks like Carter moderate increased spending but reduced the debt.
    Reagan had a moderate increase in spending but increased the debt about 45% per term.
    Bush with moderate spending increased the debt by 33%.
    Clinton with moderate to low increase in spending and low to negative growth in debt.
    Bush with moderate increase in spending and debt.

    If you look at the GDP percentages with 10% being the norm you see Regan with a moderate increase in one term and Clinton two terms.


    Now back to our regularly scheduled mud slinging.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    4,355
    The key is unemployment. Libs hate this, but it true. Reagan was getting hammered by it, early in his presidency. However, the policy changes he implemented, whether you agree with them or not, chipped away at the numbers of the unemployed. By the end of his second term, in June of 1988, unemployment figures were the lowest they had been in 14 years.

    Reagan was not the greatest President to walk this Earth, but he certainly was not the buffoon libs tried to paint him to be.
    "Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better"
    -Pat Riley

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,959
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Percent increase
    ..................Federal spending, federal debt, and GDP

    1978-1981....Carter........17.2%.....-0.4%.......9.4%
    1982-1985....Reagan......14.5%......49.0%.....11.2%
    1986-1989....Reagan.......7.4%.......40.2%.....15.9%
    1990-1993....Bush..........7.8%........32.7%.......6.5%
    1994-1997....Clinton.......4.3%........13.2%......14.2%
    1998-2001....Clinton.......8.1%........-0.2%......14.2%
    2002-2005....Bush.........18.9%........22.8%......9.0%

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...idential_terms

    So it looks like Carter moderate increased spending but reduced the debt.
    Reagan had a moderate increase in spending but increased the debt about 45% per term.
    Bush with moderate spending increased the debt by 33%.
    Clinton with moderate to low increase in spending and low to negative growth in debt.
    Bush with moderate increase in spending and debt.

    If you look at the GDP percentages with 10% being the norm you see Regan with a moderate increase in one term and Clinton two terms.


    Now back to our regularly scheduled mud slinging.
    Obama beats anyone, he triples debt and spending.... What is the point of digging up Reagan?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Andalucia
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by whec720 View Post
    The key is unemployment. Libs hate this, but it true. Reagan was getting hammered by it, early in his presidency. However, the policy changes he implemented, whether you agree with them or not, chipped away at the numbers of the unemployed. By the end of his second term, in June of 1988, unemployment figures were the lowest they had been in 14 years.

    Reagan was not the greatest President to walk this Earth, but he certainly was not the buffoon libs tried to paint him to be.
    I have to say ty a decent post with no name calling. All above may be true(I didn't check 14 yr quote but let's assume, since his post was civil, ty again lol) It is also true that he came in with 7.1% unemployment it went up and it was brought down to 5.3% after 8 years. It averaged 7.5% for his presidency. Also true that the 16 million jobs created just kept pace with population growth.
    I did not call Reagan a buffoon, it is also true that Jimmy Carter is not a buffoon. There are a few factors when discussing economic conditions under these 2 presidents. Carter was hurt by the Fed. being tight and Reagan prospered some by the Fed loosening constraints. Which is out of the presidents control. Also Reagan was able to be the first big defecit spender without having to pay a lot of interest on that debt.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

    Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

    Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event