Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Work Boots

Work Boots

Any suggestions for a pair of good work boots ? Today I install an evaporative cooler at 117 degrees . Bottom part of my boots separated from the top part . It was so hot the glue that hold the boots together melted .

I wear Red Wing. Had the same pair for about year and a half now. But the hottest temp we have had this year was 105. I know the black roofs I work on get pretty hot, and I haven't had any issues.

I have been very happy with my Timberland Pro Series. Very light and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    I have been very happy with my Timberland Pro Series. Very light and comfortable.
    I'm pretty sure that is what I'm wearing, too.

Decent boot.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is what I'm wearing, too.

Decent boot.
    Do they have some orange on the inside?

Alright, I got my lazy butt up and went and looked.

They are Timberland PRO series boots. They don't have orange in them (anymore?) except for what occasionally bleeds out of the leather onto my socks.

I will tell you what not to get. the steel toe boots at Wal-Mart. I mean unless you want calluses across the top of all of your toes.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Alright, I got my lazy butt up and went and looked.

They are Timberland PRO series boots. They don't have orange in them (anymore?) except for what occasionally bleeds out of the leather onto my socks.
    Best boots I have had so far. The thing I like about them the most is they don't get too hot in the summer. I tend to run little on the warmer side so that is a major deciding factor on footwear for me.

Best boots I have had so far. The thing I like about them the most is they don't get too hot in the summer. I tend to run little on the warmer side so that is a major deciding factor on footwear for me.
    I'll probably buy another pair.

That's about as good of a recommendation that a pair of boots will get from me.

I have extremely sensitive and delicate feet do to an accident almost 20 years ago...I broke literally every bone in my left foot and a few toes on the other..

To add to that, I am 6'6 and weigh 240# and am on my feet all day long.

The only boot I feel even remotely comfortable in is a pair of Justin work boots...I have these right now and love them.. http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/produ...:referralID=NA

I have literally tried dozens of brands including Ariat, Wolverine, Red Wing, Nap, Caterpillar, Acme, to name a few...

Don't skimp on your footwear......

GT Jets
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    I have extremely sensitive and delicate feet do to an accident almost 20 years ago...I broke literally every bone in my left foot and a few toes on the other..

To add to that, I am 6'6 and weigh 240# and am on my feet all day long.

The only boot I feel even remotely comfortable in is a pair of Justin work boots...I have these right now and love them.. http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/produ...:referralID=NA

I have literally tried dozens of brands including Ariat, Wolverine, Red Wing, Nap, Caterpillar, Acme, to name a few...

Don't skimp on your footwear......

GT Jets
    Wow all 5 star. Do you find they breath well?

To add to my last post, these are made here in the States and if treated right will last a stupid long time...

I recommend keeping them on a boot drier, they work awesome and prevent funky feet...

GT

Wow all 5 star. Do you find they breath well?

Like I said, best boots I have ever owned, even turned my dad on to them...

They do breath very well, in the winter I wear titanium wool socks, my feet get colder than most due to poor circulation , but very comfortable on even the hottest days...I use Mink oil on them for waterproofing, but have no idea if it effects the breath ability or not...You will never want to take them off.....

GT Jets

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast