Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Amana vs. Goodman

Post Likes
    Originally posted by thighway
    http://www.goodmanmfg.com/consumer/s...dSite=Goodman#

Link to Goodman's 12 SEER unit. Click Product Specs. Scroll down to witness yourself that, depending on coil and furnace used, this so-called 12 SEER ranges from 11 to 13.

If I come across a document regarding the testing for ratings, I will post that as well.
    This is not comparing apples to apples here. Please understand that I have inside knowledge on this one. It drives Goodman salespersons crazy that they cannot verify that adding a TXV or VS blower to certain systems will increase the efficiency even though everyone knows it must.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I don't see how this isn't comparing apples to apples. If you read the spec sheets, it clearly indicates where standard coils are used the SEER is lower, and where TXV / VS blowers are used the SEER is higher.

I also have inside info, just so you know.

Post Likes
    Whatever the hell you want to believe thighman. If you want to believe that every capacity of a model of furnace has exactly the same round number rating, then you go right ahead and believe that.

I tried to give you an out because you are new here. You would be better off to know who it is you are discussing with before making a fool of yourself.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    It's t highway, not thighman...

I'm not trying to make this a personal conflict, and you're right, I don't know who you are. Nor am I going to waste time looking into who you are before joining a discussion on this board. I also understand that furnaces do not carry the exact same to the decimal rating in all BTU ranges. I also understand that we have primarily been speaking about SEER to this point, which I have clearly indicated the truth regarding. If I make an untrue statement and am proven wrong....the beer's are on me!

Just because I am new to this board means relatively nothing. I am becoming an active member of this website because I love this industry. You also do not know who I am, nor am I making a fool of myself.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes

I'm not trying to make this a personal conflict, and you're right, I don't know who you are. Nor am I going to waste time looking into who you are before joining a discussion on this board. I also understand that furnaces do not carry the exact same to the decimal rating in all BTU ranges. I also understand that we have primarily been speaking about SEER to this point, which I have clearly indicated the truth regarding. If I make an untrue statement and am proven wrong....the beer's are on me!

Just because I am new to this board means relatively nothing. I am becoming an active member of this website because I love this industry. You also do not know who I am, nor am I making a fool of myself.

Good Points!I think you are correct.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    The first thing manufacture reps are taught is to stick to the script and never claim fault unless their is a bulletin stating so.

ROFL!
    Live each day like it is your last, for one day you will be right!

Post Likes
    Your in Mississauga?

My wife was born and raised there. Her Mom is still there, brother and family in Brampton.

Due to make a trip there in a few months...

Post Likes
    "t" highway, my apologies for being so curt. I am used to people knowing my position which I am not actually allowed to advertize on Internet forums due to conflict of interest.

Welcome aboard and let's not let this thread be an issue.

Another little inside info "t" highway, dash will agree with anything to oppose me

Settle in and get to know some of us a little better. The main thing we have in common is that we are all prima-donna HVAC enthusiasts.
    Training is important!

Post Likes

You also do not know who I am
    RWD
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    "t" highway, my apologies for being so curt. I am used to people knowing my position which I am not actually allowed to advertize on Internet forums due to conflict of interest.

Another little inside info "t" highway, dash will agree with anything to oppose me

Settle in and get to know some of us a little better. The main thing we have in common is that we are all prima-donna HVAC enthusiasts.

You are paranoid,he' right and that's all there is to it.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dash

Who ya talking to dash?
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    You can't tell him who you are.............

can I or someone else?
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes

Who ya talking to dash?
    The Goodman Rep.,You!

Post Likes

Who ya talking to dash?
    The Goodman Rep.,You!
    Goodman has Reps?

Post Likes
    Gee, Goodman has reps! Maybe, just maybe, the Goodman "rep" knows what he's talkng about when it comes to Goodman equipment.

I am not the only "Goodman rep", by the way. That's right, Goodman reps are everywhere nowadays. Of course this one will be taken some time off in few weeks, so no more association with any manufacturer, eh?
    Training is important!

Post Likes

Goodman duct size?

Robo, (or anyone) can you give me the plenum dimensions for a Goodman GMV91155DXA please? The web site doesn't list it. Thanks.

Post Likes

thanks anyway

Continue to disregard my question, I found a "Product specification" link on the site.

Post Likes
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by i_got_ideas
    There is one difference you guys are forgetting.....

The Amana is darker grey
    EDIT: can't forget....the Amana has nitride ignitor, Goodman has Norton mini-ignitor.
    Other than that you got'er covered.

Word is that the Goodman condensers are going to look better next year too. The way it was explained to me, sounds like a Carrier type look. I'm not sure on that though.

The lifetime/10 year, he's talking about replacement of the whole unit if the Hx fails within that time.

RoBo....with warranties like that I think Goodman at LEAST should require warranty work to be done by Good-care dealers. This way we can determine the reason for failure and prevent another from failing within a couple of years. We could determine if the homeowner just plain didn't change the filter and then not warranty the replacement. Check gas pressures, etc. to make sure everything is ok down to the duct work. If something is wrong the HO would have to have the fix taken care of before the warranty work could proceed.

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 08-31-2004 at 11:44 PM]

[/QUOTE
    Well, that might not be a bad idea if you also held the original Goodman installer responsible if he installed the unit without doing a load calculation and documented that the ductwork was proper at the time of installation. After all, that is why we call you professionals to do the work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in