Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Amana equipment equipment and Goodman equipment have been completely seperately manufactured systems until recently when the Dayton, Tennessee Goodman plant began building the "corporate" coils and air handlers that are rated with both the Goodman and Amana brand products.
    Interesting. A lady at Goodman in Houston told me recently that the entire Amana line is manufactured in Fayetteville, TN.

I have ben selling both for a long time, Amana has pretty much been in Tenn., Goodman in Texas. Amana has the lowest heat exchanger failure % I do believe on the market. Amana technology on their furnaces went over to Goodman which is a good thing. I do believe that Goodamn is just building the coils,Amana heat ex.are going to the high eff. Goodman furnaces. Seperate, but shared to improve all around for both lines. Am I not correst Mr. ROBO?

Originally posted by holabr
    Robo,

Can you explain the differences in efficiency between the Goodman and the Amana? Is the stainless primary the real difference betwwen the two?
    I need to look into this one. I just finished doing an application/seminar with the NJ RSES using the new Goodman furnaces which are rated at 93%. I don't know why stainless steel would give up heat faster than aluminized steel would and the only other major difference is the ignition system.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by Keith Lohr
    I have ben selling both for a long time, Amana has pretty much been in Tenn., Goodman in Texas. Amana has the lowest heat exchanger failure % I do believe on the market. Amana technology on their furnaces went over to Goodman which is a good thing. I do believe that Goodamn is just building the coils,Amana heat ex.are going to the high eff. Goodman furnaces. Seperate, but shared to improve all around for both lines. Am I not correst Mr. ROBO?
    Well, overlooking the little faux pas of "Goodamn" this is about right.

The Dayton, TN plant is being utilized to built the shared "corporate" coil that is rated with both the Amana and Goodman heat pumps and condensers.

The Amana plant in Fayetteville, TN is also building the blower sections that have replaced the BBA and BBC. The new blower models fit the new corporate coils. Both the Amana and Goodman condensing furnaces are being built in Fayetteville, TN while the non-condensing furnaces for both brands is being manufactured in Houston.

Robo,

With all the information you have, I think Goodman/Amana is missing the boat by not paying you to run a forum/QA page on their web site.

They actually forced me to remove all Goodman/Amana info from my personal website when the new legal eagles took over. That is also why I do not represent anyone or any orgainzation or company on the Internet. I am just me, Super RoBoTeq (the teq is for tequila ).

What would they think if you changed your name to Mr. Goodman?

There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Originally posted by i_got_ideas

That would be silly. This is not my first employer and will not be my last. Hell, who knows? Next year I could be working on HVAC systems for tents in Iraq.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Originally posted by i_got_ideas

That would be silly. This is not my first employer and will not be my last. Hell, who knows? Next year I could be working on HVAC systems for tents in Iraq.

That would be fun and I hear those guys are making good money too. You should see the sad window shaker in my brother's barraks.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Tent A/C

I used to work on the Tent a/c's in Deigo Garcia during the "Enduring Freedom" and i was actually a Flight Engineer on the Heavy C-5's, but the Crews needed a/c for confort in this hot island.

Does Goodman have any plans to put out there own 2-stage heat pump?

Originally posted by archryhntng
    Does Goodman have any plans to put out there own 2-stage heat pump?
    It's already out under the Amana brand. That is why all Goodman variable speed blower boards are set up to handle the two stage condensers and heat pumps.

Thumbs down

I stopped using goodman when a tech. told me to put a 1/4 inch washer under the burner ass. to properly direct the flame into the extanger. Also had a lot of small component recalls within 1 year. JUNK if you ask me. Amana not so bad in my book.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast