Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    that is probably the most intelligent thing you guys(bootlic,woulda,and seniorita) have typed in a long time.

Somebody break out the air freshener.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by king nothing
    I loved Cheyenne. Beautiful place, nice town-not to big, not too small. Out in the field, however, in windblown Wyoming,Nebraska, and Colorado was a little challenging. You're right we were just kids and bored out of our mind, but I look back and that was a great job to have. I had a lot of fun and am proud to have done it. You say you worked a lot of sites, which ones? I worked mostly Alpha through Delta and Papa through Tango.
    I can't remember the site letters.... They ran from South East of Chugwater over to Hawk Springs and beyond into Nebraska..I think in 94 they were remodeling and modernizing the "above ground" facilities. New chillers and boilers, control systems and air handlers. I think we did about 10 facilities. They were bid in blocks of 5.

I was an SP in what was then ADC, Air Defense Command which I think became Aerospace Defense command. I was at Ent AFB in Colorado Springs (It's now the Olympic Training Center) and Peterson Field (Peterson AFB now) (4600 SPS) The cops at Cheyenne Mountain Norad Complex were the 4604th. We did get to tour "the mountain"... Looked like a James Bond movie set..A hollowed out mountain with 2 and 3 story buildings on top of a slab with huge springs under the slab.

I was also stationed at the Air Force Academy till I crosstrained into Refrigeration and A/C and wound up in TAC.
    I miss Cheyenne, no traffic, low crime, clean air ... antelope everywhere...the 9 month winters though could suck.
    Frontied Days were always a blast. Good days ..take care
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I must agree with Don that vulgarity should not be acceptable on this forum. For that reason I would think that the vulgarity, albeit without foul language, that has been spewed from remember should certainly be deleted. Why the hell is the antagonist allowed to continue while those defending themselves are angered further by deletions?

There is nothing that remember has posted on this thread that has anything to do with the thread. He has again disrupted a thread with his immoral and disgusting personal views.

I understand that this forum has but one moderating voice and that long standing members have no say whatsoever in it's content, but for the sake of decency, why is remember allowed to disrupt and antagonize the posters of threads with irrelevant rants of his immoral and offensive opinions of others on this forum?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Because this forum is kinda a reflection of society. We need a few A-holes just to remember what A-holes are like.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Because this forum is kinda a reflection of society. We need a few A-holes just to remember what A-holes are like.
    I like this one. Good play on words James.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Markwolf......Don't let remember run you off this site. I know you feel you were defending the honor of all veterans ,including yourself and your family. I know you feel that moderating your post would lessen how you felt and its intended impact. Practically everyone has had posts deleted by Don. Don tries to be as fair as humanly possible. While remembers words are offensive and were meant to inflame ...by disappearing you let him have the last word. Don lets us bend the rules somewhat by using asterisks and stuff. Everybody knows what you mean when you say "F You VERY Much! yeah it softens it a little..but the punch is still there. Don't let him run you off and have the last word.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

We fight for the right to disagree.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Boss
    Mark's post was deleted simply because of the language. It was a short post without a lot of redeeming content. Mark left me no choice but to delete it. I wrote Mark a private and polite e-mail to explain, although an explanation was not necessary. If you want me to allow obscene language on the site, just let me know, but be aware that the site and the industry will suffer from that decision.

From the rules as they now exist:
    6. No Swearing

This is a public site, not a locker room, swearing or near swearing will cause your post to be deleted.

PS Bootlen, Mark was not banned, he had one of his over 2,000 posts deleted due to foul language. That does not equate to banning.

[Edited by Boss on 09-06-2004 at 01:01 PM]
    Just for the record boss & I both know that my post was vulgar & should have been deleted.That was & is not my problem.I think we all know that some things just do not belong in some posts.I will be more diplomatic in the future Don.But I will say that the only thing I am sorry for is the fact that a certain person did not read it before it was deleted.By all means feel free to email him a copy.
    Take your time & do it right!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678