Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Boss,I have been officially reprimanded & my post deleted but I meant what I said.I am originally from Ohio where more men have fought & died for this country than any other state in the union.No I do not appreciate my forefathers & relatives being disrespected or for that matter thier graves being desecrated.I have enjoyed helping people here but I may not be back.This post was for pride of service,not for some little clueless snot.It's a shame to even see those remarks here & they should be deleted.
    Take your time & do it right!

WTF was that all about?

Mark,
    You served and you deserve to post here. Don't let some stupid ass that never served anyone but himself run you off with his blatantly uninformed and blissfully ignorant opinions. You're a vet and a brother you are better than that.

Originally posted by woods mech
    Mark,
    You served and you deserve to post here. Don't let some stupid ass that never served anyone but himself run you off with his blatantly uninformed and blissfully ignorant opinions. You're a vet and a brother you are better than that.
    Ditto! Just don't know what it was about and Boss has a job to do. ( but I would have deleted the post from the troll, but that's just me)

Originally posted by James 3528
    WTF was that all about?

================================================== =========

I noticed Mark's post was deleted. I don't know what he said but I bet it was truth. If anyone should be banned, it should be remember...not because has has an opinion and expressed it but because of the specific ideas about those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Remember is a snot-nosed, spoiled, immature ingrate who acts more like he's 3 than 33. I would imagine that when he was a kid, his parents gave him everything he wanted just to shut his piehole. You have to admit he is more obnoxious than an overflowing septic tank. On top of being an ingrate, he hasn't the first clue what truth is. His parents should be ashamed of themselves.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Mark's post was deleted simply because of the language. It was a short post without a lot of redeeming content. Mark left me no choice but to delete it. I wrote Mark a private and polite e-mail to explain, although an explanation was not necessary. If you want me to allow obscene language on the site, just let me know, but be aware that the site and the industry will suffer from that decision.

From the rules as they now exist:
    6. No Swearing

This is a public site, not a locker room, swearing or near swearing will cause your post to be deleted.

PS Bootlen, Mark was not banned, he had one of his over 2,000 posts deleted due to foul language. That does not equate to banning.

[Edited by Boss on 09-06-2004 at 01:01 PM]

I understand, Boss. I know you are a fair man and I don't question your delete. It was, I am quite sure, for the best.

Your job is a tough one. I wouldn't want it for any price.

This is my take. Ideas can much more obscene than individual words. Remember's ideas are as obscene as any I have heard or read. JMTC.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Senior Tech Guest
    Mild swearing...whatever that might be, occurs on a regular basis on this site, although I respect Marks right to post, I don't believe the ability to swear on this site is what we are all here for and I respect Boss's decision to delete whatever it was he deleted. However if I were going to swear it would, without a doubt, be at Remember, I think the best solution is if remember is not eventually banned that we as individuals boycott his posts, he will definately have several things to say about this but if boycotted will eventually go away, I enjoy a twist now and then to keep things interesting...but I will not stand for dis-respect to those who have fought to give this moron the very right that he practices on this site and then denies that he owes anything for it...Remember, once again, your forgotten!

Originally posted by senior tech
    Mild swearing...whatever that might be, occurs on a regular basis on this site, although I respect Marks right to post, I don't believe the ability to swear on this site is what we are all here for and I respect Boss's decision to delete whatever it was he deleted. However if I were going to swear it would, without a doubt, be at Remember, I think the best solution is if remember is not eventually banned that we as individuals boycott his posts, he will definately have several things to say about this but if boycotted will eventually go away, I enjoy a twist now and then to keep things interesting...but I will not stand for dis-respect to those who have fought to give this moron the very right that he practices on this site and then denies that he owes anything for it...Remember, once again, your forgotten!
    ================================================== =========
    I second the motion.

Proud member of KA Club

I would apologize to anyone that thinks I am disrespecting their forefathers and relatives,but there was never any disrespect given your forefathers or relatives,or you for being in the military.Nor mine. they have been in the military too. still are.

I am in no way attacking the people IN the military.nor anybody for following orders.

and all of you that think that my understanding of history and the military's role in history is shallow,don't have a clue.
    if you think I may know a bit about the role of the military in the past four decades,but you think I'm an A__hole,and fundementally don't relate to the feeling of service like you do,that is your opinion.

what you seem to be misreading is that the military takes their orders from the civilians in the executive and legislative branches.and they have misused the tool(military)in certain theatres ,while at the same time subverting their cause in another theatre at the same time.

while you guys were in vietnam,fighting to stop the spread of communism,there was "operation condor",an ongoing operation in south and central america(1950's-80's),that overarchingly took part in the destruction of democratically elected leaders in almost every country at one point or another,from coup's to assinations.installing dictators and tyrants.(including castro,who back in 1957 before the revolution,when he gave a speech before the council of foreign relations,was hailed as a freedom fighter.)and most if not all one time puppets have turned ,only to be taken out,like saddam, and noreiga.

communism and marxism are just terms that the media use to denote someone we are supposed to hate ,by association.
    you guys were the product of the cold war when that distinction was made.your parents ,the generation that went through the depression were more likely to "understand" communism and the struggle for the little guy.it prospered in the mid 20th century.
    the authoritarian regimes that were those communists were just like the authoritarian regimes that we propped up around the world since,only no one calls themselves a communist.now maybe they are nationalists.

because all authoritarian regimes are the same,the few up top have all the money,power,rights,and everybody else has to do whatever they say.they "educate" the children,they stucture the country around their "cult of personality".whether it was kim jong ill or saddam hussein.

all are aginst the "good" principles that are what america stand for.but our political leaders and corporate decision makers would just as gladly(I say they would rather)do buisness with a tyrant as they would a struggling democracy.
    tyranny is more efficient,you can "deal" with someone.

the group "the council on foreign relations" had another sister organization called "the institute on pacific relations",which legitimized,funded(any would be gov't needs to obtain credit,before it is any kind of threat to anybody.till then they are just terrorists,groups and criminals.),enabled the communist expansion in the region in the first place.in the forties, fifties and sixties,until it was closed up because of public backlash.bet you never heard about these groups from your politicians ,do you?chances are they themselves are only a degree of seperation from these groups themselves.if they are authoratative.

I am one to leave all blame for the foreign policy corruption to the civilians that made the orders for the generals to follow.and today communist china gets most favored trade status and american companies can't relocate their operations there fast enough.GM is the largest manufacturer of auto's in china.you wanna bet they don't pay america tax on that money.and enron was all set to supply china and india, energy,which in a global buisness climate is good,but that competition here will cost us all money.in so many ways.where are our leaders? getting consultant jobs lined up,i'll bet.

so all this anger directed at me,I think is misplaced.my language may be curt,but just because some group of politicians put your future in a sugar cone,they are selling us down the river. and their decisions and greed are what has been an insult to your service.

I have never typed a disrespectful comment to the "little people" that are the military.

and if any of you have seen the content of my posts ,that should be self evident.

Senior Tech Guest
    Did someone hear something....didn't think so...

What's that smell?

Proud member of KA Club

Must be a draft in here.....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast