Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I've seen 13 other countries,in europe,asia,north/central america and the pacific rim.
    I've been in "western" countries like european ones or japan and australia. or up and comers like thailand and china and indonesia.and the worse off ones like india and nepal.I've got family living on three continents and six countries.US,england,australia,italy,costa rica,canada

and apart from that I know people from all over the world.
    and the seperation that people are feeling these days is caused by pigheadedness,not real differences.

and I have always felt that the US was the best country on earth.besides it being such a beautiful landscape,there was something special about us having a pretend gov't of the people.I say pretend because the republic that this country is,is acting as it always has,where the rubber meets the road.but the story that this country is free,is what this country is all about.these days it is just getting to be a lot less free.

I don't need or want all this "security" that is supposedly there to protect me,but why then should the gov't jackboots be eavesdropping on american citizens,or bothering us at checkpoints on the roads.(are they expecting a roaming band of al-qeada operatives)other countries have had all this hyper security at their airports and streets,but america used to be different.I agree that all of this defensive posturing is giving to the terrorists the victory they want.we would be no less safe if security was tightened sanely,without causing public disruption,and that would not have given the positive reinforcement to the terrorists.

oil
    the story of the day is oil.

someone referred to the "oil conspiracy" as a thing that raises prices here in the short term,that is price fixing.conspiracy yes,but not "the oil conspiracy".and loose talk like that lets points be misunderstood.price fixing is what enron and exxon do in the short term to increase profits.
    the real story is that of standard oil(refiners)(exxon,mobil,chevron,texaco,conoco,ph illips,sunoco,marathon,aramaco(saudi-american oil co)and the twenty or so other companies the standard oil trust became) and the other two sisters(royal dutch/shell and british petoleum(amoco)aramaco)(luk oil wants to be the fourth sister)

and the offspring in the families(jay rockefeller,george shulz,james baker,george bush,william f buckley,etc.) that have intrests in those companies and their related appointments and friends to high office overseeing the regulation of their industries and their competition.but that is another post.

but too many people here see information in a "fuzzy" way.to have anything but a cursory discussion.too bad.

they can't see the difference of criticism directed at the "leaders" of a nation,compared to criticism of a nation.nevermind actual criticism of certain things someoneone does,while not attacking the persons whole record.

I go off on things done and the people doing them,and a bunch of you guys think that is "unpatriotic".because you :
    a)either don't really understand or know about what I'm talking about,and are saving face by just name calling
    b)are a victim of disinformation,and believe what james woolsey or some other council member(authoratative expert in the field) told you on some talk show,whose main purpose was to conceal the truest representation of facts with spin and innuendo.

in other words "you just don't get it"
    and you should.

classical,you started this post ,why?
    what does service in the military prove?nothing..
    so thats it for me now.
    I'm just crashing your little republican love fest,I know some of you guys hate anything that is not what you are,gullible.and republican.
    (sorry,for taking up space to the rational ones out there,have a good day.)

and snipe.
    I definately agree that this country has it good,and it is worth fighting for.and noble to do so.
    there is no country better.
    that is why I try to look at the issues above this partisan bickering.I don't dis people because they are repub or democrat(like some)but more so because they are part of the "uberfuhrer" set.
    if you have ever seen any of my lists of members of the council on foreign relations(a front group that is a good example of the bi-partisan raping of the good in this country)and a bi-partisan group that deserves scrutiny and to be exposed .if for no other reason then to show the many how the few tend to operate. so they (the many)will know who to hold accountable(at this point no one is.the dems blame the repubs,and visa-versa.)but both parties are run by members of the council,who before 9-11 were discussing everything with each other.so the "mishaps" that happened are not from "ignorance' as they claim.they made their investments in the region safe,just not the people.

and for you guys that love the country enough to put your lives on hold for it,I would think would rather have a transparent gov't.Isn't that what you were fighting for?liberty and justice?not partisanship and secrets.and propaganda.
    the fact that this gov't relies on propaganda to lead its people(in the name of dem/repub),is a sign that there are rats in the kitchen.

people have the right to have their own opinion.
    but what gives these party loyals the right to disseminate their own facts?

[Edited by remember on 09-05-2004 at 08:58 AM]

Originally posted by remember
    I've seen 13 other countries,in europe,asia,north/central america and the pacific rim.
    I've been in "western" countries like european ones or japan and australia. or up and comers like thailand and china and indonesia.and the worse off ones like india and nepal.I've got family living on three continents and six countries.US,england,australia,italy,costa rica,canada

and apart from that I know people from all over the world.
    and the seperation that people are feeling these days is caused by pigheadedness,not real differences.

and I have always felt that the US was the best country on earth.besides it being such a beautiful landscape,there was something special about us having a pretend gov't of the people.I say pretend because the republic that this country is,is acting as it always has,where the rubber meets the road.but the story that this country is free,is what this country is all about.these days it is just getting to be a lot less free.

I don't need or want all this "security" that is supposedly there to protect me,but why then should the gov't jackboots be eavesdropping on american citizens,or bothering us at checkpoints on the roads.(are they expecting a roaming band of al-qeada operatives)other countries have had all this hyper security at their airports and streets,but america used to be different.I agree that all of this defensive posturing is giving to the terrorists the victory they want.we would be no less safe if security was tightened sanely,without causing public disruption,and that would not have given the positive reinforcement to the terrorists.

oil
    the story of the day is oil.

someone referred to the "oil conspiracy" as a thing that raises prices here in the short term,that is price fixing.conspiracy yes,but not "the oil conspiracy".and loose talk like that lets points be misunderstood.price fixing is what enron and exxon do in the short term to increase profits.
    the real story is that of standard oil(refiners)(exxon,mobil,chevron,texaco,conoco,ph illips,sunoco,marathon,aramaco(saudi-american oil co)and the twenty or so other companies the standard oil trust became) and the other two sisters(royal dutch/shell and british petoleum(amoco)aramaco)(luk oil wants to be the fourth sister)

and the offspring in the families(jay rockefeller,george shulz,james baker,george bush,william f buckley,etc.) that have intrests in those companies and their related appointments and friends to high office overseeing the regulation of their industries and their competition.but that is another post.

but too many people here see information in a "fuzzy" way.to have anything but a cursory discussion.too bad.

they can't see the difference of criticism directed at the "leaders" of a nation,compared to criticism of a nation.nevermind actual criticism of certain things someoneone does,while not attacking the persons whole record.

I go off on things done and the people doing them,and a bunch of you guys think that is "unpatriotic".because you :
    a)either don't really understand or know about what I'm talking about,and are saving face by just name calling
    b)are a victim of disinformation,and believe what james woolsey or some other council member(authoratative expert in the field) told you on some talk show,whose main purpose was to conceal the truest representation of facts with spin and innuendo.

in other words "you just don't get it"
    and you should.

classical,you started this post ,why?
    what does service in the military prove?nothing..
    so thats it for me now.
    I'm just crashing your little republican love fest,I know some of you guys hate anything that is not what you are,gullible.and republican.
    (sorry,for taking up space to the rational ones out there,have a good day.)
    Why don't you go away and start your on thread and stop wrecking a thread that other people appreciate and take part in that don't care to read your crap?

The truth is that when you do, no one cares about it either. No one needs you to define things. Everyone has to be something. You just happen to be a good example of a inflamed a$$hole.

I was born with wings stamped on birth certificate. I served at 5 different AFB's across this planet but they wouldn't let me have a gun so I retired at the old age of nine. Time serverd.

Offutt AFB, NE
    Omaha, NE

Offutt's heritage began with the construction of Fort Crook, an Army outpost, which was completed in 1896 and named for Major General George Crook, a renowned Indian fighter and Civil War hero. Many of the original structures are still in use today. In the spring of 1921, a flying field was created and designated as Offutt Field in May 1924, in honor of 1st Lt Jarvis J. Offutt, Omaha's first World War I air casualty. In late 1940, Fort Crook was chosen as the site for a bomber plant which produced a total of 531 B-29 Superfortresses and 1,585 B-26 Marauders before the end of World War II. These included the Enola Gay and Bock's Car, the two B-29s that dropped atomic bombs in Japan. Production ended in September 1945. In June 1946, Fort Crook and the bomber plant facilities were redesignated as Offutt Field and on 13 January 1948 was transferred to the Department of the Air Force and became Offutt Air Force Base. Offutt became the host base for Headquarters Strategic Air Command on 9 November 1948. The Strategic Air Command was disestablished 1 June 1992 and the new, unified command, US Strategic Command was activated. The command of this joint headquarters is rotated between Air Force and Navy. At the time Strategic Air Command was disestablished, Offutt AFB became part of the Air Combat Command.

I salute those that have served at any capacity and morn for those who did not return.

Thank you James

Ditto what james said.

Re: Thank you James

Originally posted by woods mech
    Ditto what james said.
    I'd like to second this emotion.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

U.S. Army went in 23 oct 79 MOS P24g10 Hawk missle
    honorable dish 2 apr 92 hawk was disbanded and did not make rank to stay in too old to retrain I wanted to retire but got discharged insted. Honorable

you still served and that's what counts. Bravo Zulu.

Senior Tech Guest
    Remember...more like forget....which is what I will do with you...you are no longer worth my poor typing skills to even reply to...go away, get lost...the feeling I get is...nobody wants you here anyway!

REMEMBER----"and like I said in the last 33 years there hasn't been any service done for me by anybody in the military,(not that some of you didn't feel a contribution)you just haven't made one."

The above statement is among the most ignorant I have ever heard. You have no idea the sacrifices others have made in your lifetime just so you can run your foolish mouth.

US ARMY 89-92
    various posts including the Gulf War
    24T PATRIOT Missle System Technician
    Do it right the first time.

[ deleted by Boss ]

[Edited by Boss on 09-06-2004 at 09:06 AM]

Try not to be offended by remembers comments. This is America and one of the freedoms I remember serving to protect was Freedom of speech. We don't have to always agree with what someone else may say, but at least respect the fact that they may be ignorant to some facts. I have found that most individuals who have served in the military seem to have a more grounded and well rounded outlook on things. Individuals that have never traveled more than 10 miles from their place of birth, like remember, unfortunatly can only draw on their inbred, limited experiences to enable them to formulate their opinions and beliefs. I welcome healthy, energetic debate and discussions but unfortunatly, some feel that in order to make themselves appear more important or knowledgable they must resort to name calling and degradeing others. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to service, defend and protect your sorry ass.

Originally posted by kevin1313
    REMEMBER----"and like I said in the last 33 years there hasn't been any service done for me by anybody in the military,(not that some of you didn't feel a contribution)you just haven't made one."

The above statement is among the most ignorant I have ever heard. You have no idea the sacrifices others have made in your lifetime just so you can run your foolish mouth.

US ARMY 89-92
    various posts including the Gulf War
    24T PATRIOT Missle System Technician
    Kevin the patriot is what took over the hawk missle i beleive. where you in ft bliss? I was there also.

I loved Cheyenne. Beautiful place, nice town-not to big, not too small. Out in the field, however, in windblown Wyoming,Nebraska, and Colorado was a little challenging. You're right we were just kids and bored out of our mind, but I look back and that was a great job to have. I had a lot of fun and am proud to have done it. You say you worked a lot of sites, which ones? I worked mostly Alpha through Delta and Papa through Tango.

Good times
    Originally posted by ozone drone
    Originally posted by king nothing
    USAF-Sgt. Sep. 88 to Sep. 92

Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Tx.
    Fort Dix, N.J.
    F.E. Warren AFB Cheyenne, Wy.

Security Police
    90th Missile Security Squadron
    90th Security Police Group
    90th Missile Wing

Home of the most powerful weapon known to man. The Peacekeeper intercontinental nuclear ballistic missile.
    King..wasn't ever stationed at Warren ...lived in Cheyenne for 15 yrs...While working for Trane ..worked at alot of the sites....I was always nervous of you kids with your m-16's... I'd be on I-25 or I-80 and you kids in the armored car/humvees with the twin 50's would always be f'n around withn the sirens and lights ...just bored I suppose.
    Love thy neighbor and no running during tornado drills

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast