Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    "I've seen other countries in the world. I'd rather ours stay as America, and not become like some of what I saw overseas."

Amen, sir. Amen. I am somewhat worried by the recent wave of willingness to surrender all freedom in the name of security. The military should exist to serve, not rule.

I'll take my chances in the land of freedom. If we turn the whole country into bunkers and foxholes, then the terrorists have won. They will have destroyed our way of life. Caution and fear are not the same thing.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

USAF 82-88
    509th SPS 81150
    Pease AFB (closed) FB-111's, KC-135's
    TDY Korea, 83, Stinger Missile Certification.
    TDY Saudi Arabia, 84, KC10 flight divertion activities, 120 days.

No matter how much I tried they would not reassign new duty station permanent, rotation in SAC was difficult due to low level assigment numbers.

Joined the Air Force in July 1962
    Tech School at Sheppard AFB, TX.
    Missile Combat Crew Member (Titan 2) at Little Rock AFB, AR from April 1963 till October 1967; Kadena AB, Okinawa (Mace Missile)from 1967 to December 1969. Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ from January 1970 to September 1972; where I retrained into computers. Pentagon from September 1972 till December 1979; Ramstein AB, Germany from 1979 till June 1985; Laughlin AFB, TX from July 1985 to September 1, 1987. Retired. Until I started working for the school district here in Casa Grande, AZ I had only grazed the surface of HVAC principles, now I've been repairing HVAC equipment for 8 years.

U.S.ARMY 52C utility equipment repairer-(hvac)dec87-mar91.I spent two years in oklahoma at Ft.Sill. HHB 212 FABDE.Iwas bored out of my mind I had 2 heaters & two ac units for the fire direction center & that was it.I went to school to become the unit welder,I took the tool crib in the motor pool,I did wrecker operations,drove for the unit colonel,drove cattle truck,became liscensed to drive/operate all equipment in 212th.I then went to panama & honduras in 513th.& 470th.military intelligence where I was anything but bored,after in honduras for 3 months I was put in charge of the ac section with over 50 pieces.a short time later I was also put in charge of the power generation section,another 30 or so pieces?I turned the readiness rate from 62% to 97% in a little less than two months.My maintenance section was awarded the excellence of maintenance award for the inscom southern division of the us army.
    Take your time & do it right!

USAF from 1972 to 1993.
    Lackland, Sheppard, Then straight overseas. 3 years in Ist TAC RECON, then stateside to Kincheloe in Michigan. 22 months in Civil Engineers and back overseas for 3 more years in TAC RECON again. Texas and the 91st TAC RECON for 1 year. Back to Chanute in Illinois for cryogenics school for 15 weeks then off to the Azores for 3 years. Back to Chanute for Fuels school and then on to Korea for a year at Osan AB. Ran cryogenics plant there and repaired plants in Korea. Left there and headed to Ellsworth South Dakota. Worked fuels QC&I, Distribution and Bulk Storage. Traveled to the Middle East in 1990 and stayed until July of 91 supporting Desert Shield/Storm. Traveled throughout the AOR working cryogenics. Stayed a while to put all of the toys away after everyone else went home. Back to Ellsworth and in 92 worked environmental compliance. Worked with Air Force,local, state and federal EPA making sure the base stayed in compliance. Left there on July 4th, 1993 on treminal leave and on August 31, 1993 became a sillyvilian. Overall I had a pretty interesting career. No regrets, just good memories.

classical.

actually you are way off the mark.you can wish that the world is how you think it is ,but you are naive.I don't care how old you are.

I've been all around this country and all around the world.
    the first world,second and third.I know people.

you are the duty bound person doing what someone taught you to do,but your lack of even visiting the real possibilities of how the world works ,when the camera's are off,show that YOU are the superficial one.

this country has power from its money these days and the sheer size,population and geographic location,which are our strengths.

the reason this country survived is organic.(you say conspiracy)

to say that we stopped communism,is assuming that communism is a viable economic model.It wasn't.all the various forms of communism(maoist,lenin,tito,stalin,etc.were propped up and extended credit from the same international bankers that have their funds in our central bank.)IF everybody was on the same page ,you could say there was a "war" against communism or even the cold war.but that is a childish way to see the world.you are trying to belittle the power that "floats between the ideologies."

you probably think regan "beat" the russians.
    don't you think it is a little peculiar that when the soviets were over extended on their military expendatures,with their principle national product was oil in the early eighties,and the barrel per day output was leveraged to pay their debts,assuming the then price of $24a barrel/had the rug pulled out from under them by the americans/british economic powers dealing with the house of saud and others to drop the price of a barrel to $10,in 1984/85.which is what bankrupted the soviets.and gave reagan a great economic boom to take credit for.
    The "macro" sense are the decisions that count,the day to day running of affairs of the state is what the television and the history books tend to dwell on.but the economic policies (which is what military actions are a part of)are where the power is.

if you want to deny that ,you are being pigheaded and silly.

and like I said,being in the military,is not an excuse for being an idiot.

and though I don't doubt your sincerity,I also don't doubt your aversion to seeing the point of view of people like me that think the military at this point is just a tool,being used for someone to make some money.and is not a testament to patriotism.

all my friends and myself are patriotic.but the ones that joined the military,did it for personal reasons(training,school,a job,a career,etc.) and if you ask any of them;sure they went in to be patriotic in part .just a part.a lot of people go in because they live in some jerkwater of a town and are looking for a way out.that is how it has always been.

and for you to impune on my service for not joining is a joke.I have an american spirit;I strive to improve myself and the world around me.my little part.a real american will not be satisfied amidst the status quo that is so obviously corrupt.I would impune your patriotism for being so pigheaded and partisan and supporting the wolves in sheep clothing(kerry/bush and the rest of the "acting" politicians)that are optioning this country.for that brand of patriotism belonged to "king and country".

except that you are a productive cog in the establishment wheel,you can't claim anything else.(from the content of your posts)
    so I'm glad that I don't follow the herd like you and actually think for myself.for that is my kingdom and my sanctuary.

Its funny that the people "in the know" believe in the powers that be "conspiring" against them and for them and that they in turn "conspire" to get what they want.

but the masses(ignorant in the ways of men,assuming that these higher ups operate differently than the guys getting the carting contracts,and any other group extending the cause of their own intrests),are placated by thinking that logic does decide the rule of the day and that if something was amiss,they would know about it.and/or someone else that would tell them.

naive.

patriotism causes the mind to narrow,watch out.

and like I said in the last 33 years there hasn't been any service done for me by anybody in the military,(not that some of you didn't feel a contribution)you just haven't made one.
    and I find it hard to understand that people that did "put the time in",don't care enough to find out what is going on in that country they supposedly love.

so if anybody can have an actual discussion of the powers that be and the perameters of geopolitical realities,and the actual influences upon them.then you could say you are patriotic.

but if you just want that time served to be an excuse for not learning what personalities and ideas have shaped this country and continue to do so,than go vote for bush and feel empowered.for you have fought for the right to be an idiot.and far be it from me to dispell your myths.ignorance is bliss.

so cut the self rightousness,unless you can really say you have a thought.(now don't go get one off the bush/cheney website,that's cheating.)

[Edited by remember on 09-04-2004 at 09:57 PM]

remembrane

Your arrogance about your psuedo-intellect concerning your vast overview of world power brokerage shows your ignorance about the subject. There is one thing and one thing only that is the driving force in this world right now. That being "Who's gonna control and keep control of the oil". We need it, we should have it, and nobody better stop us.

The thing is, remember, you are incorrect, misinformed, misguided, off track, out of line, off course, lost, without a clue, blind, deaf, helpless, off target, imperceptive, unbalanced, ignorant, truthless, and otherwise wrong. You are to be pitied. You would not recognize truth if it were to slap you in the face. It's not because you are incapable but because you choose to be wrong. And when you post drivel such as the one above, rational people wonder at you.

Hang in there. I rather enjoy the show.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

"This don't have **** to do with oil" James3528

"There is one thing and one thing only that is the driving force in this world right now. That being "Who's gonna control and keep control of the oil" rob 10

Different threads, but I couldn't help but notice the juxtaposition of ideas. We really need to take a cold hard look at this issue. It wasn't oil when it started, but since the last 100 years, it is now.

Personally, I think we need to wean ourselves off that teat so that we aren't held 'hostage' to what our foreign wetnurse wants to 'let down' at the moment. We have had and continue to have many options that could work well if they had half the gov't backing that big oil gets.

Let's get off this drug. We need to save what oil is left for plastics and other miracles. There are other ways to produce forward motion.

Why not oil

Our entire infrastructure is based on oil. The only viable #2 tier source is nuclear. The tree huggers have made it impossible to use coal. What other source besides oil has as much punch per dollar?

If we had followed the recommendations of the think tank Eisenhower commissioned in the '50s instead of the oil lobby's bought and paid for plan, hybrid cars would have been commonplace by the 70s and wind and solar would have made major advances.

Oil was paying it's own way and needed no gov't intervention. Renewable, self sustaining resources were singled out as the 'must do' for our future security and prosperity and the #1 place our tax dollars should be invested. Didn't happen, did it? Actually turned into a joke everyone felt comfortable laughing at. Oil money did that. 50 years later, it ain't so funny.

We spent and spend our tax money and lack thereof (incentives) on things oil, which gives it that 'per dollar' punch. If we had spent as much on renewable there would be gigawatts flowing from nature by now. If we don't get started, we WILL be in the position of fighting like scavengers over the last decomposed dinosaurs. Not a pretty picture.

We can't go 'cold turkey' at the drop of a hat, but we sure need to take a serious leap forward in weaning away until it is not critical to our economy or national security. It is foolish not to be self sufficient within the boundaries of such a huge and blessed nation. Until we are, we will always have our troops stationed in 'strategic' areas of the rest of the world instead of on our own borders.

If we had started when we knew it was going to be a problem instead of waiting until it was, we wouldn't be going thru half the hell we are now, and probably will be for awhile.

Unhappy

Sorry, guys. Outside the boundaries of this thread. Mea culpa.

Semper Fi, ya'll.

Remember.

How many other countries have you been in?
    We have it good in this country. We complain about things that really small. Go to a third world country and you will see why some think it is worth fighting for this counmtry.

Our form of government is a poor form, BUT IT IS THE BEST OUT THERE!

If you do not agree name a country with better.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast