Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My dad served in the Air Force in Korea and my brother was in the Marines at the end of Veitnam. My time would have been in the mid 80's and truthfully was to busy partying and scamming on the streets with my friends and it never crossed my mind. Recruiters never knocked on my door I guess cause I got into trouble alot in school.

I will forever respect our inlisted and after it was to late when we went into "Desert Storm" it really bothered me that I was to selfish to serve my country and it still bugs me to this day. All I can do now is always say thanks to a service man or woman when I meet one.

Thanks to all who have served or are currently serving for the duty you've given.

"it really bothered me that I was to selfish to serve my country and it still bugs me to this day"

Investigate opportunities in your State Guard. I'd be suprised if they didn't have a place for you somewhere.
    "That's good enough..." usually isn't.

cub scouts 72-73

Originally posted by James 3528
    USAF/ 81-91
    Lackland AFB - BASIC
    Sheppard AFB - Refrigeration and a/c school
    JCSE
    Cryto Courier
    E-6 54570

When were you at Sheppard? I was there Aug - Oct of '81.
    NHANG, E7, 54570, 1981-1998

My name says it all
    USAF Retired HVAC 1982-2003
    Ramstein, Germany
    Reese AFB,Texas
    Andersen AFB, Guam
    Malmstrom AFB, Montana
    Kadena AB, Japan
    and lots of temporary duties to Italy, Korea, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait.

Originally posted by hvacmd2002
    USAF/ 81-91
    Lackland AFB - BASIC
    JCSE
    Cryto Courier
    E-6 54570

Best I can tell, you got there the month or so after I left. I had a older civilian female woman as a instructor, a older civilian man that was great and a small slim e4 or e5 man.

[
    USAF/ 81-91
    Lackland AFB - BASIC
    JCSE
    Cryto Courier
    E-6 54570

Best I can tell, you got there the month or so after I left. I had a older civilian female woman as a instructor, a older civilian man that was great and a small slim e4 or e5 man. [/B][/QUOTE]

The last block I had Mr Flesch (sp), the civilian female - older woman...block 1...her name will come to me...another...Amn Dwyer rings a bell..another E4 or E5...began with an H..passed out those little religious tracts...Horner?..I'm gonna lie awake in bed trying to think of their names...Flesch I'm sure of tho
    3778 school squadron
    TDY dorm had a food spread most hotels would be jealous of.
    Buses to town were so old and crowded, they'd lean over so far around corners you thought they'd roll over

There were a few ladies in the local strip club...Sunshine Treece and Kinky Bear, who'd sit on your lap and make out with you, which for an eighteen year old kid, simply blew you away
    the memories are coming flooding back to me.

[Edited by hvacmd2002 on 09-03-2004 at 12:05 AM]

Horner sounds right on the Sargent. The old man was dead when I went back in 85. He turned off the road to sleep and a cigarette caught newspapers in his car on fire.

You are right about the food. It was great.

Originally posted by king nothing
    USAF-Sgt. Sep. 88 to Sep. 92

Lackland AFB, San Antonio, Tx.
    Fort Dix, N.J.
    F.E. Warren AFB Cheyenne, Wy.

Security Police
    90th Missile Security Squadron
    90th Security Police Group
    90th Missile Wing

Home of the most powerful weapon known to man. The Peacekeeper intercontinental nuclear ballistic missile.
    King..wasn't ever stationed at Warren ...lived in Cheyenne for 15 yrs...While working for Trane ..worked at alot of the sites....I was always nervous of you kids with your m-16's... I'd be on I-25 or I-80 and you kids in the armored car/humvees with the twin 50's would always be f'n around withn the sirens and lights ...just bored I suppose.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Best I can tell, you got there the month or so after I left. I had a older civilian female woman as a instructor, a older civilian man that was great and a small slim e4 or e5 man. [/B]
    The last block I had Mr Flesch (sp), the civilian female - older woman...block 1...her name will come to me...another...Amn Dwyer rings a bell..][/QUOTE]

Mr Flesch was still there in '98 when I went for a controls course.
    Mrs Murphy was the female civilian, and I remember Sra Dwyer and Sgt Snodgrass.

Originally posted by woods mech
    Man there are a lot of you air force guys out there.
    Now that you do HVAC...you're an airman now!
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

US Navy and US Navy Reserves, Machinists Mate Steam Propulsion and "A Gang" 1983 - 1988.

USS Jouett CG-29 '83-'86 (active duty, made one Westpac, sat in Indian Ocean for 3 months watching Iran and Iraq blow the crap out of each other. Steamed Number Two Engineroom as Messenger and Lower Levelman, working on Upper Levelman when EAOS came up.)

Uss Dixon AS-37 '86-'88
    USS McKee AS-41 (reservist in "A Gang", drilling aboard whichever ship was in port. Worked on chillers, reach-ins, and ice machine in the goat locker aboard McKee, which the active duty guy couldn't keep going ).

To "remember"...your post reminds me of how I once thought at a younger age than you are now, before I joined the service. Am I now a died-in-the-wool-flag-waving-ultra-right-wing-brainwashed-nut-job as a result of my military service? Hardly, though make no mistake I love my country. One of the things most military members learn during their enlistment is exactly WHY they should love this country. It isn't browbeaten or brainwashed into them. It just comes by having one's eyes opened. I've seen other countries in the world. I'd rather ours stay as America, and not become like some of what I saw overseas.
    • Electricity makes refrigeration happen.
    • Refrigeration makes the HVAC psychrometric process happen.
    • HVAC pyschrometrics is what makes indoor human comfort happen...IF the ducts AND the building envelope cooperate.

A building is NOT beautiful unless it is also comfortable.

Originally posted by usaf hvac retired
    Best I can tell, you got there the month or so after I left. I had a older civilian female woman as a instructor, a older civilian man that was great and a small slim e4 or e5 man.
    The last block I had Mr Flesch (sp), the civilian female - older woman...block 1...her name will come to me...another...Amn Dwyer rings a bell..]

Mr Flesch was still there in '98 when I went for a controls course.
    Mrs Murphy was the female civilian, and I remember Sra Dwyer and Sgt Snodgrass. [/B][/QUOTE]

Mrs Murphy...right on. Why couldn't I think of her name?
    Snodgrass I don't remember. May have had him tho. Just think of how many airmen went through their classes (Murphy and Flesch) in the 20 or so years they were there.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast