Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    U.S. Navy 1975 to 79
    3 years sea duty on U.S.S. Ponce LPD-15 (2 medcruises, 1 North Atlantic cruise, 4 months in the Carribean,1 year drydock in Chester Pa.)
    Honorably discharged as Radioman 2nd class

I enlisted in the delayed entry program in '84 went to boot camp in June '85, Served as a Boiler Technician on USS Knox(FF-1052) homeported in Yokosuka, Japan from June'86 to Aug '88. Served on USS Jouett(CG-29) homeported in San Diego from Nov '88 to May '91. Operation Desert Shield in '90. Got out in '91 would've gone back in but the Klintons hijacked the oval office and desimated the military. Joined the USNR Seabees as a Utilitiesman in Jul '01. Now serving as a UT2 with NMCB-22 in Ft Worth,TX. I'm planning to stay in for a long time. I believe in what the President is doing in Iraq and Afghanistan and I will serve if called upon to do so. HOO-RAH!

Those of you who didn't serve, stop the whining about crooked politicians and a corrupt system. We need to pull together and fight the war on terrorism.

W04

To Remember

You have no clue. You're not worthy to lick the sand off our boy's boots in Iraq or Afghanistan. You whole attitude is what is wrong with this country. Crawl back under that rock you came out from under. Don't take up anymore server space with your stupid comments.

If I told you who I was with and what I did they would come and take me away.

That wouldn't be so bad, would it, Norm?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by remember
    what duty?
    I was born in 1970.and since then, this country has been led by crooks, liars and manipulators.this country has been reeling because of the directions taken by our leaders.In my lifetime there hasn't been a military action that has occurred to ,"protect my freedom".that is a sad joke.these days the soldiers are the muscle of the wall street investors.(not that they haven't been for the past century,at least.)("War is a racket"USMC Gen. Smedley butler,1935)("merchants of death",a study of the international armaments industry,1934)

why assume if you love your country you should join the service?that may have been true 40 yrs. ago,but not anymore.the "training programs"(rob&sage,ft.bragg) going on in the services are getting distinctly like crowd control.even fema plans are written that if there was mass dissent of the citizens ,the constitution can be suspended,and martial law imposed.by US troops acting like UN troops in our country.so,there are sides forming these days.and the right one exists in and out of the military.

though I have many friends that were/are in many parts of the military,I seriously question this blind obediance,you guys are indoctrinated with.

there is a serious dissconnect between your cock-eyed sense of patriotism and your blind acceptance of the two party trap that grips our democracy(which if you get down to it is because this is a republic.and the group of people that have de facto control of the levers of power of this republic,do not have the honor and character that is needed to resist the slouching towards gemorrah,that we(republicans/democrats):and the country are going.
    and you guys are just happy to pick a side and ride the ship down.service...pah!service to what?exxon,halliburton,bechtel

and that blind acceptance that the people at the top of the chain of command,en masse.,are not willing to sacrifice all the "expendables",you&me$everybody but them,to achieve success;dishonorably.

so "duty" is a dated,loaded word.what is your duty?what is mine?if only it were that easy.
    I hear the Armys look'n for a few good men...obviously, you ain't one of'm...

[ deleted by Boss ]

[Edited by Boss on 08-31-2004 at 07:06 AM]

U. S. Army.....................

....... MOS 05B radio operator; 1975-1976 Honorable discharge.
    U.S. Merchant Marine 1976- 1997 from galleyman; ordinary seaman to QMED; fireman'watertender;oiler.
    The merchant marine is considered the 4th arm of defense giving support to all troops in times of crisis.
    More men were lost in WW II on merchant ships then all branches of military combined.

Thumbs up I go over 18 years in 2 days...

AD USAF, '86 - ' 95, various transportation/mobilization/logistics-related jobs.

USAF ANG (Mississippi), '95 - '03, HVAC/R Craftsman

USAFR, '03 - current, Instructor, TSgt/E-6, USAF HVAC/R tech school

Joining the military was, without a doubt, the single best and luckiest decision I ever made.

Tried twice.
    The first time the navy recruiter told me they would get a Dr that would pass anybody in the physical. He did not pass me. The joint below my ankle is as big as my ankle.

Tried again after college. Thought officers did not need to march. They would not let me in for the physical, because of my record from 5 years before.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

2 yrs us army reserves followed by 2 yrs active duty was light duty equipment operator ( backhoes, water trucks, compactors, ect...) spent a year in korea another in ft. hood tx.

To Woods Mech...read this and get a clue.

Roy

http://www.rense.com/general57/gate.htm

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast