Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hey guys I've got a job that calls me out atleast once a month for no cooling . Each time I get to turn it over to another contractor due to warranty. The issue is on a trane split system using trane tracer/tracker interfaced with a central control panel. This specific unit is a single zone duct design with a baysenso17b room sensor. the problem is the ccp shows the correct setpoint of say 60 degrees,a room temp of 74 degrees and yet says it is in the heat mode. I'm not that familiar with trane tracer/tracker programming and am very curious to this recurring problem. controls company acts like its a never heard of problem each month they get the call. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I'm not familiar with it either but one of our guys is. I'll ask him and get back asap. We've got and account with a 10 year old Trane BMS that we're ripping out, to be replaced with JC.

I am not sure exactly what you are talking about, but the tracer/summit, when the unit is off(compressor) it reads in HEAT mode until it energizes and then goes to setpoint either heat or cool.
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

First off is it a Tracer or is it a Tracker? That I'm aware of Tracer and Tracker are two completely different controls systems. I personally have several Tracker controls, one Tracer 100 controls, and two Tracer Summit controls. Tell me what system you have and I may be able to tell you what is going on. I also need to know if there is programming for humidity control.
    Def. of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results!!

Is this the new Tracker system with the touch screen on the panel?
    A single zone unit would not be controlled by a CCP it would be a TUC board in the older version or a ZN517 in the current version of Tracker.
    I am guessing this is a current version of Tracker with the unit in question being controlled with a ZN517, if so is Trane carring the warrenty or another contractor?

I'm not sure which control system I have. The only thing I have seen is what I have been calling a central control panel(ccp),which is a touchscreen that shows me several units. My problem is that this one unit does not come up for cooling even though the setpoint(60)is well below the room temp(74.7)and what puzzles me is that it shows to be in heat mode.

There can be an error in the configuration of the controller, has to be a ZN517.
    Sounds like you have a Tracker, do you have Rover or much experience with this system?
    Who carries the controls warrenty?

appreciate the help qtip this has been a thought in the back of my mind but I have no experience in this control system other than trying to use my experience from VVT. Trane actualy used a subcontractor for this job who is covering warranty. I just wanted some ammunition the next time I get called out for the same problem. I have had this same exact call 4 times on 4 different units in the same building. Each time the building engineer calls the other contractor they act as if they have never heard of such a thing and try to put it back on my equipment.

If it is using thumbwheel setpoints and it is turned below the progammed defaults the mode can be locked into the last action.

[Edited by qtip on 08-30-2004 at 10:41 PM]

Qtip Im not sure but I think it is released to thumbwheel control. So if my default cooling is 68 and the thumb wheel is at 60 this causes the unit to stick in the heat mode? Is there any way I can reset the error without software

Needs a new flash down load!!!! If you cylce power to the controller it works fine for awhile correct.

If the thumbwheel is set at 60 and the supply duct temp is abouve 60 this will show the mode in heat, the unit is not really doing any heating, thats why. you really need some Tracker training or reading material to understand it. Good luck.

svc,

For the sake of accuracy a CCP is a panel that controls a Trane Varitrac system. It is different than Tracker or Tracer, which are a BMS, or buiding managment system. A CCP can be hooked into either BMS. You might check your address settings on all addressable components to ensure the correct dipswitch settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast