Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What is the point of this post..Kerry was over there...served with distinction, but with the higher purpose of proving the vietnam war wrong.So what...there was nothing to be gained in vietnam...same with iraq. What is to be gained with a complete victory! Nothing...
    Havin'a good time is what life is all about.

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    Before Kerry ran for president it seemed he went to Vietnam out of some sense of duty. Now, with more and more information being made available, it seems that Kerry went to Vietnam with the intentions of discrediting the American government and making accusations of American soldiers being murderous criminals.

Kerry does not seem to mind who he steps on to achieve his political asperations.
    You are more right than you know. And to enlighten this more, read about Kerry's father because the press is not gonna tell you.

Originally posted by addfreon
    What is the point of this post..Kerry was over there...served with distinction, but with the higher purpose of proving the vietnam war wrong.So what...there was nothing to be gained in vietnam...same with iraq. What is to be gained with a complete victory! Nothing...
    ================================================== =========

Attend the mosque meeting today, did you?
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

This would not sound like bull**** had he not organized marches where the Vietcong flag was waved while his buddies were dying. He was also present according to FBI files when a discussion took place about killing two U.S Senators.

You have a lot to be proud of.

Originally posted by top-notch-tek
    He is a trader and is not to be trusted.

What, like he went to Vietnam to get spices and stuff?

He helped end the supid war in Vietnam because of his outspoken objection...he risked it all...and that's more important. Would you really be happier if 1,000,000 Americans had sacrificed their lives to prove a point in Vietnam...what a joke....Kerry was right... george bush is simply; bad luck.
    Havin'a good time is what life is all about.

Complete victory?? We get the oil. See a doctor about your tunnelvision!!

He helped end the supid war in Vietnam because of his outspoken objection...he risked it all...and that's more important. Would you really be happier if 1,000,000 Americans had sacrificed their lives to prove a point in Vietnam...what a joke....Kerry was right... george bush is simply; bad luck.
    ================================================== =========

Ooooohahahaha. Ooooohahahah. Oh, my sides are splitting. Keep it up, add. You are hilarious.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

The point of this post, if you will have an open mind for one moment, is that it is MY opinion that John H. Kerry signed up for Vietnam for the sole purpose of launching his political career as he knew he opposed it from the get go. You say well so what and I say he walked into his convention pumping nothing else except for Vietnam. Because he is running for the highest and most responsible office in the land and is wanting us to believe that he is a warrior dedicated to protecting our country, it is our responsibility to examine his career and principles of decision making.

I still think he is unfit as president simply due to the fact that he does not want to speak about his degenerating record in civil office. But, it will come out in the debates.

Allow me to reminisce:

-He enlisted as a Navy officer candidate despite his criticisms as Yale's class orator of America's intervention in Southeast Asia.

--"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

---Kerry declined a request from the Globe to sign a waiver authorizing the release of military documents that are covered under the Privacy Act and that might shed more light on the extent of the treatment Kerry needed as a result of the wounds

----But Kerry thought he had seen and done enough. The rules, he said, allowed a thrice-wounded soldier to return to the United States immediately. So Kerry went to talk to Commodore Charles F. Horne, an administrative official and commander of the coastal squadron in which Kerry served. Horne filled out a document on March 17, 1969, that said Kerry "has been thrice wounded in action while on duty incountry Vietnam. Reassignment is requested ... as a personal aide in Boston, New York, or Wash., D.C. area."

-----Kerry, asked whether he is certain a rule enabled him to leave Vietnam after three Purple Hearts, responded: "Yep. Three and you're out."

----Because Kerry's wounds were not considered serious, his reassignment appears to have been made on an individual basis. Moreover, the instruction makes clear that Kerry could have asked that any reassignment be waived.

-------Then, at the beginning of April 1969, Kerry left Vietnam. "I thought it was time to tell the story of what was happening over there," Kerry said. "I was angry about what happened over there, I had clearly concluded how wrong it was."

----He replaced his dream of a life in politics with a path of protest.

..same with iraq. What is to be gained with a complete victory! Nothing...

How about an end to a murderous dictator and many hundred thousands of saved human beings! Would that make it worthwhile ?

bb I agree with you for the most part except kerry went to Vietnam to emulate his idol the original JFK.
    He idolized him as a young man and saw himself as following his path his entire life.
    That is why he volunteered for a second tour of duty in Vietnam but on a swift boat the modern day PT boat. In his mind the best way to gain votes for office was to be a war hero like Kennedy and swift boats in the early days were fairly safe duty with a chance for glory.
    We all know about the super 8 camera and his reenactments and his early exit from combat duty.
    His problem came about when he returned home and found out that in his chosen political arena being a decorated vet was a hindrance not guaranteed votes. So the best option was to return to his true roots and beliefs and blast the war. When he joined the service democrats were in charge it was good to be pro Vietnam while he was in and over seas Nixon took over so it was bad to be for the war and be a demo lib.
    For demos it’s all about whose in power to determine which face to show.

Originally posted by bb
    ..same with iraq. What is to be gained with a complete victory! Nothing...

How about an end to a murderous dictator and many hundred thousands of saved human beings! Would that make it worthwhile ?
    Along with the message to the Muslim world to not screw with the U.S. again. Muslim terrorists come from literally every Muslim country. Making Iraq an example of what we will do to those who attack Americans was a fantasic way to make a point while at the same time getting rid of a murderous leader.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

This is the most practical commentary I have read to date about VietNam being used in this election;
    Gregory Kane
    Bush, Kerry need truce on Vietnam talk
    Gregory Kane

August 28, 2004

OK, THE NEXT guy who mentions the dreaded "V" word gets his face popped inside out, all right?
    You know the "V" word I'm talking about: Vietnam. As in the Vietnam War, which for the United States began in the late 1950s, ended in 1975 and has become a campaign issue nearly 30 years later.

First came the Democrats, calling President Bush a chicken hawk, no-show, deserter and everything else but a child of God for joining the Air National Guard and not fighting in Vietnam. Then they trotted out former President Clinton at their convention to brag about Democratic presidential nominee Sen. John Kerry's Vietnam record. Did anybody see something wrong there?
    Clinton didn't serve in Vietnam, either. In fact, he wasn't even in the military during Vietnam. He had a ROTC deferment and pulled out of the program. You'd have thought Kerry and his advisers would have the good sense to tell draft-dodging Bubba, "Say anything you want, just don't mention the 'V' word." But good sense has taken a holiday during this campaign.

Then came the Republicans, a-huffin' and a-puffin' and just a-rootin' for Dubya's re-election, casting aspersions on Kerry's Vietnam record. Now some of the senator's fellow Swift boat veterans have challenged his war hero credentials. At first blush, this would seem fair, considering how the Democrats started it by dredging up Bush's service. But again, good sense isn't at work.

Earth to Republicans: It's a bad idea to compare the Vietnam record of a guy who didn't go there to one who did.

Earth to both parties: Please shut up about Vietnam.

There are quite a few of us baby boomers who don't want that mess dredged up again. For my part, I've deliberately made everything that happened in Vietnam from the summer of 1964 - when President Johnson played footloose and fancy-free with the truth in the Gulf of Tonkin incident - to the fall of Saigon in 1975 a blur. I was doing my best to keep it blurred until this fool campaign started.

Now, I've been bombarded with news reports of where Bush really was when he was in the Air National Guard. I've been subjected to disgruntled veterans still miffed that Kerry testified before Congress and implied that American troops routinely committed atrocities. By that, Kerry meant soldiers killed folks who weren't supposed to be killed.

This may come as a shock to those on both sides of the Vietnam issue, but folks who aren't supposed to be killed die all the time in wars. The soldier who was urged to "Shoot every %@*# thing you see - church steeples, water towers, houses, old ladies, children, haystacks" wasn't some grunt in Vietnam. He was a soldier in the 761st Tank Battalion fighting in Europe during World War II. The guy speaking to him was Gen. George S. Patton.

That incident comes from Joseph W. Wilson Jr.'s book, The 761st 'Black Panther' Tank Battalion in World War II. Another soldier told Wilson how he and a comrade had tried to give first aid to a wounded German soldier before enemy fire drove them off. Once the fire stopped, they were prepared to go back and help the soldier when Americans riding in a scout car ran over what was left of the poor guy. Yes, even during "the good war," some American soldiers acted exactly like the ones Kerry described in Vietnam.

Does that mean fighting World War II was wrong? Can I see a show of hands from those who want what remaining Nazis there are in Germany returned to power because of the acts of a few American soldiers?

Yes, those ticked off at Kerry - for his congressional testimony, not his record - have a valid point. It's not said often enough, but it needs saying: No matter how many My Lai massacres there were in Vietnam, our goal was to prevent the South Vietnamese from being subjected to the tender mercies of the sort of proletarian dictatorship that left millions of Ukrainians dead in the 1930s. That was under the Soviet regime of Josef Stalin. Some two million Cambodians met a similar fate in the 1970s under communist Pol Pot's murderous Khmer Rouge party. For the past 30 years, folks have kicked us in the teeth for caring. Heck, for the past 30 years, we've kicked ourselves in the teeth for caring.

Now Republicans and Democrats are kicking each other in the teeth over a war long ago ended that, for years, had bipartisan support. Whatever atrocities or mistakes happened in Vietnam are the responsibility of both parties. Whatever honorable things happened during America's stay in Vietnam is to the credit of both parties. Kerry and Bush should make a gentleman's agreement - that should be easy for these two Skull and Bones boys - that Vietnam won't be an issue in the campaign. They can call a joint news conference and issue the pronouncement and make it succinct:

The next guy what mentions the "V" word gets his face popped inside out.
    For the record; Gregory Kane and the comics are the only saving grace of the Baltimore Sun daily paper.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast