Nordyne AC professionals

Nordyne AC professionals

Hi All,

I purchased a home in south florida that has a 3 ton and a 2 ton AC units installed (IQ Drive) back in 2007. These units have been nothing but problems since I have moved in. I have been using the original installer for service and the parts are under warranty but I do not think they know what they are doing. I have spent a total of about $2000 on AC repairs since moving in back in Nov 2008. Every time one of these things gets an error code they come out and just start swapping out parts per Nordyne. Can someone recommend a PROFESSIONAL and KNOWLEDGEABLE AC company that KNOWS Nordyne systems? I live in south Florida(Fort Lauderdale area)
    thanks,

Might chat with Nordyne about it

800-4ACHEAT

800-4ACHEAT Is this there real number?

WOW. It is their number.
    After talking with a couple of AC companies they state that it is best that the orginal installer service this. If a different company comes out they will charge me more. The reason.... the installer has already made their money on this? I do not get this.

Quote Originally Posted by ac_whattodo View Post
    WOW. It is their number.
    After talking with a couple of AC companies they state that it is best that the orginal installer service this. If a different company comes out they will charge me more. The reason.... the installer has already made their money on this? I do not get this.
    Generally speaking the installing contractor figures a certain amount of money in his originally quote to cover warranty labor for one year. Unless you bought some extended warranty labor I would say that you are free to choose a new contractor.

You should pay attention to what is happening evertime a technician comes out on this equipment. What are the problems you are having? What have they done to fix it ? Are the parts they are changing been changed before? Don't be afriad to ask questions. Have you read the service reports? Are the problems repeatious? Have you talked to the owner of the company that are sending out the technicians?