I have heard enough. Unless the communist were shooting at you, shut up. Talk about real issues. Not stuff that went away 30 years ago.
    Bush could stop all this by getting money to the VA though.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Kerry's the one who brought it up. Now he's trying to snuff the truth. Typical.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bootlen
    Kerry's the one who brought it up. Now he's trying to snuff the truth. Typical.
    NNNooooo!!!!

Kerry and Gang!!

Kim,
    I was born in '67 so I was a little squirt during vietnam. However, don't tell me to shut up. I am a vet 85-91 and I did my time. I am in the reserves now also. If Kerry is going to run as a "war hero" then I am going to say something about it. Especially when there are so many honorably discharged veterans that were there and say he is lying. Too much is riding on this election.

Whether Kerry lied to get medal, whether Bush got special treatment to not go is not important today. Ancient history is not as important as current events. It is just rhetoric to keep americans from focusing on the issues. How about the fact that Vets can't get decent treatment that they were promised from the VA? That is an important current issue effecting vets today.
    Neither side has done or said anything to convince me to vote for them. They just say the other side is worse. They are just dragging our country into the mud. Last election was a choice between two druggies. This election is a choice between 2 spoiled rich brats who are convinced that americans are going to believe their lies more then the other sides. Until they demonstrate otherwise, we just have 2 pathilogical yellow flea-ridden dogs that are scratching the backs of whoever will get them elected. They are whoring themselves to whoever will buy them the election. In the process, they are selling America.
    WE HAVE THE BEST SYSTEM MONEY CAN BUY. You buy into it and you are a whore-monger. How many americans are going by the name JOHN these days.

Maybe voting for Nader is a good idea.

You have two choices:
    1. Continue to believe the way you do, hide in your basement, and watch this country go down the tubes.
    2. Vote for the lesser of two evils no Bush isn't perfect but he is the first president in the past 20 years to actually stand up to terrorism, he believes in lowering taxes, and he doesn't support murdering innocent babies in the womb.
    You will never find a perfect candidate. And yes what they did 30 years ago does matter especially if they continued the same patterns up until the present. Character does matter in a president especially when we are threatened with terrorism like we are now.

So you support a political system that is little more than a beauty contest? Where special interest has more support than citezens.

It is just a bunch of spotted owls. Nobody really cares about those owls. It is just a bunch of sound bites to cover the real agenda.

I have not missed an election since I was 18. I vote, so I have the right to complain about the quality of candidates I am allowed to vote for. I have the right to complain about the character of these "men". Being a better mud sligger is not my idea of character. I would get my preacher fired if he acted these these "men". They are not men they are children on the play ground crying because somebody else got a bigger piece of cake or crying because somebody else broke more rules than they did. I have the right to tell you that you are the problem for tolerating this crap. Neither of these candidates has enough "character" to be a school teacher and you have the nerve to say the other yellow dog has less character than the yellow dog my party tells me to vote for. Like that is a major accomplishment.

Nothing will get done in Washington until you make it get done.

First tour I did a year and the second tour my enlistment was up in 6 months in Vietnam. So 18 months all together.

You can't buy a Purple Heart. If Kerry has the Army paper work that say he was awarded the Purple Hearts then nobody should deny it to him.

No matter were you where or what you did in Vietnam, the experience made you have a different perspective on life.

That being said. At this point in time I am still planning on voting for George Bush.

Ben that is just a silly defense of Kerry. Saying that if he has the paperwork then he deserves it. HE WROTE OUT THE PAPERWORK! He did the reports of his so called "action" where he got his "injuries". He also put in the requests for all his medals. He wasn't in the Army either he was a Officer in the NAVY! If those were legitimate medals then he is the biggest war hero in history. He got 3 purple hearts and a bronze and silver star in 4 months and never spent one day in the hospital? Come on,use your noodle. He was just using the system to gather as many medals as he could to further his political aspirations.

Kim,
    I am not happy about the state of our political system today. The republicans have forgotten their base and are sliding toward the middle of the road and the democrats have slid totally to the left into communism. I used to believe in voting for a third party but I now believe the only way to change things is to change the republican party from within. I do not consider myself a republican. I am a conservative. But there is no one in a third party that I agree with with a chance in hell to win this election. So I will vote for Bush even tho I don't agree with everything he does. I agree with more of his positions on issues than Kerry's positions. I also believe he has better morals and character than Kerry. I do understand the frustration you express.

I went to Europe instead of Vietnam. Did go TDY to Thailand during that time. Also spent a short period at a little site called Phucat. Nice place to visit. Did receive a Bronze Star participating in Desert Shield/Storm. I'm proud of that but more proud of the fact I brought back all 10 of the guys I took with me. Say what you want, even if Kerry put him self in for his medals, someone higher up had to sign off and approve them. Don't know who I voting for yet but military service isn't going to be the determining factor for me.

kim,I totally agree.

this is a shame on the country to have two such poor excuses for candidates.

this country got that vital start from men that could resist power and do what is right(debateable) ,like washington.but now we are watching two bums scrap in the gutter.and somehow they say "the people" picked these two.

I don't buy that.

democrats:

kerry was dead in the water before he started,
    dean woke up people,while the media ignored and belittled him.
    kucinich actually has a record of doing what is right for the people,and a platform that most people would agree with,if they ever listened.he wanted to stop nafta,W.T.O,GATT,and cafta.he was for america first.
    and even if these candidates didn't win an election,at least there would have been a choice.
    instead we have two carbon copies,they barely dissagree.except to sling mud,so it seems like they will lead differently.the federal reserve will still dictate more than the president,nationally.economically.

well you know how all these republicans say the same things the same way ,with the same "buzzwords",when they think they are being "independant".you know how utterly rediculous that sounds to someone on the outside of that "brainwashing",that is like ,"Is this guy really that dumb,or has he just been programmed to react like that?and you kind of feel sorry for him.

it seems that the democrats are prey to the same,"some experts have been saying ,"this guy is electable".and that is the mantra.and people believe it ,and I guess voted that way,or it was voter fraud/rigging.

and republicans,have you really fooled yourself into thinking that bush is a "good" president.come on.
    are you people that sheltered from reality,or just that partisan,that anybody the RNC annoints is the god you pray to till they tell you differently?you fiscal conservatives,do you like deficit spending,how about the increasing debt.bush hasn't met a spending bill he hasn't liked.and still you think he's the lesser of two evils.Why?that is rediculous.

we need tax breaks !

Did you know RICH people pay 100% of the tax on luxury yachts.this is an affront to the american way.nothing short of communism.

but seriously,there is danger ahead.when reagan tripled the debt and ran our deficits up,this country was able to climb out of it in the 90's. the baby boomers are still working.
    the demographic timebomb that is ahead of us,means the US gov't should really be fiscally responsible now to mitigate the "big"generation retiring.

so bush and co making this country economically weaker when we will be in a more competitive global enviroment in a decade,is squandering the dawn.this country lives on credit.the global creditors are getting too much power already.over the federal reserve.
    "

[Edited by remember on 08-27-2004 at 10:17 PM]