Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I remember

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    My old 49 ford didn`t have a front seat so i screwed down a wooden milk crate for a driver seat. Worked great.

I had a 47 cad that i modified the trunk to hide a 10 gal. wine barrel.

You is one old mofo, ya know that?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

You got that right, I feel it too.

I had a 47 buick that held 7 cases of beer & 5 gals. of dago red in the trunk.
    That was my beach party car.

Had a 50 Studebaker coupe that had storage compartments under the rear seat arm rests. Each one would hold 2 fifths of whiskey. Had the local gentry puzzled one night. They saw us drinking at a community dance in the parking lot. Saw us put the bottle back in the car, but never did find the jug. The town marshall finally asked me about it years later when we were both sitting on a barstool and reminising. Shoulda seen the look on his face when I told him where the bottle was.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

The car I rode in on my wedding day was a '40 Ford Sedan.
    I fully support the military and the War on Terrorism.

If you don't know, then don't do. If you don't know and still do, then be prepared to pay someone else a lot to undo what you did and then do it right.

If you do know, then do. But do it right. Otherwise, you may not be doing it long.

Had a 38 Ford Sedan. Olive drab. Army surplus, paid $40. Wife made me sell it to a neighbor for $50. We needed the money to pay the milk bill,,,babies ya know.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Wow, I am feeling younger by the minute reading this thread. My first service truck was a 67 3/4 ton International long bed pick up with a 4 on the floor. Homemade side bins and ladder rack. It was ten years old when I started driving it. It got 10 miles to the gallon.

Flash forward; My service truck now is an 08 Chevy HD 2500 with a 6.2 liter V8, 400 hp, 6 speed auto/manual tranny, bucket seats, extended cab, ASE topper, custom ladder rack, XM radio, custom Bose sound system. I am at 70,000 miles on the OD. Last week found out I am getting a new truck this Fall. It will be identical to the one I am driving now. I asked for the DuraMax diesel but it cost more. Oh, my current service truck gets 10 mpg.

Times have really changed.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12