Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I think this guy is wrong for doing this.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tipsrfine View Post
    Why not just arrange a meet & greet with the guy & tell him to his face that you' ve decided to stop him from being able to make his mortgage & he has to tell his wife & kids they have to leave their home. Mr. bwalley, you do not strike me as a decent human being. The fact that you use a statement such as "drop a dime" on someone indicates your character and quite probably your past. I have a low opinion of you sir.
    Looks like i found a new freind
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Post Likes
    This seems to be an owner vs service tech issue. I only see owners from the area complaining about this post. I just have to ask the OP....how did you come across this add? Are you looking for someone taking away your biz or just curious?

Post Likes
    The thing you are missing is maybe the guy owns the business and is playing a card to look like he is cheaper than anyone else.

Maybe he has the licenses, I work for a company but carry electricial, HVAC as well as general contractor licenses.

Maybe, he does not realize that the has to list his license(s).

Maybe, he is just trying to feed his familly,

Maybe, you are having problems getting work and don't like some else trying to get work.

Maybe, I do not know what I am talking about.

You see, you can not know about his licenses without asking him, and splitting a hair over a craigs list add is just more hassle than its worth.

Jim

His add says HVAC pensicola

Quote Originally Posted by bwalley View Post
    He has a job, if he wants to be a contractor, he needs to get licensed like I and other legal contractors did.

H is taking work away from other people who are licensed who are trying to feed their family.

I have a hard time believing he is really working for an AC company who is slow right now, it is Florida and most companies are busy right now.

Here is another one of his ads, he is trying to undercut other legitimate contractors.

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/sks/1788419249.html

Do you own a A/C business or do you work for someone who does?

Are license required in your state?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    This from a guy who is trying to sell a used 7 yr old walk inn in the bone yard for the price of a new,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,whoes a bottom feeder,,,,,have to say its you brently
    That cooler can't be bought new for what my client is asking for it, if you don't like the price don't buy it.

Trying to sell a cooler is legal, what the guy in the craigslist ad is doing is illegal.

Post Likes
    It is a Felony to contract without a license, even if you only do it 1 time.

A misdemenaor does not turn into a felony just because you get convicted and continue doing the saem offense.

This guy has more than 1 craigslist ad, I am printing them out and sending the information to the local Building Department and the DBPR, hopefully they will do something to stop the guy.
    Right on Bro!! This is ridiculous. To advertise side work with no license or insurance.. This stuff pisses me off. Cant wait for jersey to adopt a Mechanical License.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by james122964 View Post
    The thing you are missing is maybe the guy owns the business and is playing a card to look like he is cheaper than anyone else.

Maybe he has the licenses, I work for a company but carry electricial, HVAC as well as general contractor licenses.

Maybe, he does not realize that the has to list his license(s).

Maybe, he is just trying to feed his familly,

Maybe, you are having problems getting work and don't like some else trying to get work.

Maybe, I do not know what I am talking about.

You see, you can not know about his licenses without asking him, and splitting a hair over a craigs list add is just more hassle than its worth.

Jim

His add says HVAC pensicola
    All that does not matter.. What his ad is implying is illegal.. End of story.

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    I wish people like the OP would hound dog their politicians more & let a "common man" the heck alone. Kinda similar to the law forbidding me to let loose a little refrigerant, or the public condemnation from the neighbors for not having recycling baskets in front of your house--and then you see the entire gulf of mexico going to crap because of the oil.
    The OP pisses me off because, in my opinion, he personifies the petty, mean spirited, & ignorant mind-set that is allowing this country to go to hell. Not to mention the first one willing to throw stones at someone else is definetly the one I'd be aiming at with my rock.
    MY POINT IS [B]IF YOU AIN'T DOING NOTHING TO HELP SOLVE THE BIG PROBLEMS THAT ARE SCREWING US ALL OVER, THEN LEAVE THIS GUY ALONE! Anyone who devotes their time to get one man in trouble for trying to get some side work during his down/slow/hard time is just a worthless individual. This guy takes the jobs you & others are too expensive for(for them). How about the guy with the family in the mobile home with kids who no way can afford your rates? who you turned your back on 'cause they didn't have that kind of money? This is the guy they turn to, and if you feel threatened by it, then obviously ............................ Anyone who thinks a guy like this is stealing your business are wrong. To reach out & cause this guy & his family hardship is wrong. Period.

Post Likes
    I wish people like the OP would hound dog their politicians more & let a "common man" the heck alone. Kinda similar to the law forbidding me to let loose a little refrigerant, or the public condemnation from the neighbors for not having recycling baskets in front of your house--and then you see the entire gulf of mexico going to crap because of the oil.
    The OP pisses me off because, in my opinion, he personifies the petty, mean spirited, & ignorant mind-set that is allowing this country to go to hell. Not to mention the first one willing to throw stones at someone else is definetly the one I'd be aiming at with my rock.
    MY POINT IS [B]IF YOU AIN'T DOING NOTHING TO HELP SOLVE THE BIG PROBLEMS THAT ARE SCREWING US ALL OVER, THEN LEAVE THIS GUY ALONE! Anyone who devotes their time to get one man in trouble for trying to get some side work during his down/slow/hard time is just a worthless individual. This guy takes the jobs you & others are too expensive for(for them). How about the guy with the family in the mobile home with kids who no way can afford your rates? who you turned your back on 'cause they didn't have that kind of money? This is the guy they turn to, and if you feel threatened by it, then obviously ............................ Anyone who thinks a guy like this is stealing your business are wrong. To reach out & cause this guy & his family hardship is wrong. Period.
    How do you know this guy's family is in hardship? He says the company is slow... So go find another company to work for.. bwallas said there is work down there and he is busy. Why not go get another job? I know I wouldnt sit on my as* and post for side work on a website like that. Its one thing to help friends and family but another to advertise the way he is. What was posted is illegal. Period. I'm a tech, not an owner. I don't do sidework like that b/c I do not have insurance nor do I have the contractors license. I have thought about it and if I did want to do side work I will get insurance and apply to the state for a license. I will abide by the laws and do it the right way. Why cant he?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    How do you know this guy's family is in hardship? He says the company is slow... So go find another company to work for.. bwallas said there is work down there and he is busy. Why not go get another job? I know I wouldnt sit on my as* and post for side work on a website like that. Its one thing to help friends and family but another to advertise the way he is. What was posted is illegal. Period. I'm a tech, not an owner. I don't do sidework like that b/c I do not have insurance nor do I have the contractors license. I have thought about it and if I did want to do side work I will get insurance and apply to the state for a license. I will abide by the laws and do it the right way. Why cant he?
    I'm in hardship, my rent is due, my refrigerator is nearly empty, I've been applying for jobs-only real job ad says "10 plus" years experience. It's been running for 2 months. Side jobs during this kind of time puts food on the table-literally. This is this guys way of not "sitting on his ass". When you go 5 miles over the speed limit, what you are doing is illegal.
    In work zones I go the 45 mile speed limit AND EVERYONE zoomes right past me,cars & big ass trucks-that puts workers lifes in danger & now & then kills some of them, but everyone of the ******ers think they're law abiding citizens.
    My point is, if the OP is going to take time out of his life to try & fix something in the world-or even his own neighborhood- he could darn well find something more worthy that "dropping a dime" on this guy.

Post Likes
    I'm in hardship, my rent is due, my refrigerator is nearly empty, I've been applying for jobs-only real job ad says "10 plus" years experience. It's been running for 2 months. Side jobs during this kind of time puts food on the table-literally. This is this guys way of not "sitting on his ass". When you go 5 miles over the speed limit, what you are doing is illegal.
    In work zones I go the 45 mile speed limit AND EVERYONE zoomes right past me,cars & big ass trucks-that puts workers lifes in danger & now & then kills some of them, but everyone of the ******ers think they're law abiding citizens.
    My point is, if the OP is going to take time out of his life to try & fix something in the world-or even his own neighborhood- he could darn well find something more worthy that "dropping a dime" on this guy.
    Im one of those guys that do 45 mph in a work zone... I understand there are people out there that need work. What is not disputable is advertising the work and not following the laws that are in place. Thats it. I'm not talking about how much food this guy has on his table.

Post Likes
    Going 5 miles per hour over the speed limit in florida won't get you cited, per state law you can't be cited unless you are going 6 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit.

Speeding tickets are a civil infraction.

Contracting without a license is a 3rd degree felony which is a criminal offense.

Post Likes
    Pdrake: just curious, I try to stay informed of my enviroment. I sell things from time to time on CL and Ebay, so it's just natural that I check things out in my chosen profession. I was looking to get a feel for the communities feelings on this subject after running across this advertisement. I guess I got it then some....

Tips: as OP did you mean to berate me as I am neither petty, mean-spirited or looking to have anybody "locked-up" or food taken from their family.

Maybe this guy is legal too: http://mobile.craigslist.org/sks/1826899997.html

There is a reason people get licensed and insured in this business, it's called public safety.

Post Likes
    That cooler can't be bought new for what my client is asking for it, if you don't like the price don't buy it.

Trying to sell a cooler is legal, what the guy in the craigslist ad is doing is illegal.
    You need to check your pricing, what state are you in?????
    Oh yeahhhh Florida i must have missed one of the lines on one of your posts.
    Do you have a contractors licenses?
    Ohh yeah, i must have skipped another line,,,,,,,are you really THAT much better than everybody else??????Ohhhh yeah i must have missed any of your posts.

Coolers are given away brently, the price is a joke, pure rip off, how are you going to come on here and post something like that knowing we are all pro's????? Wait, wait, wait i know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You dont know what the thing is worth because again,,,,you are out of your debth.
    And you are going to post a walk in on here that you client is selling,,,,,,im gonna drop a dime on ya buddy,,,bad bad mojo

Post Likes
    Going 5 miles per hour over the speed limit in florida won't get you cited, per state law you can't be cited unless you are going 6 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit.

Speeding tickets are a civil infraction.

Contracting without a license is a 3rd degree felony which is a criminal offense.
    So you are going to report this guy who is trying to feed his family and hopefully get him convicted as a felon?????

Brent, you will never have a friend here, actually im going to send this to as many people as possible and hopefully the powers that be will bann you , im pretty sure this site doesnt want to be connected with this type of behaviour,

You arent even worth talking to, unless its in person to give ya what ya really need

Post Likes
    Brent?? How many websites have you been kicked off of? I know some have done some checking on you,,,,seems you dont have a friend in the world.

Post Likes
    So you are going to report this guy who is trying to feed his family and hopefully get him convicted as a felon?????

Brent, you will never have a friend here, actually im going to send this to as many people as possible and hopefully the powers that be will bann you , im pretty sure this site doesnt want to be connected with this type of behaviour,

You arent even worth talking to, unless its in person to give ya what ya really need
    It wouldn't be me getting him convicted of a felony, it is him who is breaking the law.

Crack dealers are just trying to feed their family too, is that OK?

If you can get me banned, more power to you, good luck.

Post Likes
    Brent?? How many websites have you been kicked off of? I know some have done some checking on you,,,,seems you dont have a friend in the world.
    I see you are still stalking me, you must have a pitiful life.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascone10 View Post
    Im one of those guys that do 45 mph in a work zone... I understand there are people out there that need work. What is not disputable is advertising the work and not following the laws that are in place. Thats it. I'm not talking about how much food this guy has on his table.
    Wow glad i read this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,not surprised someone from nj would side with bwalley.btw your a first congrats on that one

Post Likes
    You need to check your pricing, what state are you in?????
    Oh yeahhhh Florida i must have missed one of the lines on one of your posts.
    Do you have a contractors licenses?
    Ohh yeah, i must have skipped another line,,,,,,,are you really THAT much better than everybody else??????Ohhhh yeah i must have missed any of your posts.

Coolers are given away brently, the price is a joke, pure rip off, how are you going to come on here and post something like that knowing we are all pro's????? Wait, wait, wait i know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,You dont know what the thing is worth because again,,,,you are out of your debth.
    And you are going to post a walk in on here that you client is selling,,,,,,im gonna drop a dime on ya buddy,,,bad bad mojo
    You don't know what you are talking about, again.

prove your claim that the cooler my client is trying to sell can be bought new for what he is asking for it, you won't be able to.

Who you going to drop a dime on me to?

You flap your gums like an old woman.

It is not illegal or a rip off to post something for sale, if you don't like the price, don't buy it, I could care less if it sells, I posted it as a favor to a client of mine.

Post Likes
    You don't know what you are talking about, again.

prove your claim that the cooler my client is trying to sell can be bought new for what he is asking for it, you won't be able to.

Who you going to drop a dime on me to?

You flap your gums like an old woman.

It is not illegal or a rip off to post something for sale, if you don't like the price, don't buy it, I could care less if it sells, I posted it as a favor to a client of mine.
    Then they need to be a member,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,made any friends yet walldo?

ooops [ bwalley has not made any friends yet ]

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in