Thread: Can't sleep.

Can't sleep.

Funeral later this morning for 13 year old daughter of friend from church. Terrible accident. She has been one of the kids in my son's AWANA class since K-5. Very sweet girl with a servant's heart. There will be a viewing period but don't know if I want to do that. I just want to remember her laughing and smiling. I'm a pall bearer and sometimes pall bearers sort of lead in the viewing procession. I hope that's not the case here. She, like my son, was adopted.
    There is huge comfort in the fact she is a believer. But she will be immeasurably missed.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

it's always so sad when a child passes. My condolences
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Sounds like she was a lovely person. My sympathy to the family and friends.

Some things hit to close to home Boot, hug your boy and help him understand, then do the job not many can do,,,,,,,,just dont cut your ankle on one of those stupid short markers like i did at my aunts funeral,,,almost dropped the old girl.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

this will probably be one of the toughest days of your life, you'll make it.

always sad to hear of young ones passing
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

There are no words that can soothe this. My condolences to the family.

I went through the same thing last week. Friends son killed in a tragic accident.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

I don't know how parents handle that, I really don't. Take care and God bless.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

sorry to hear about this len, my condolences to the family.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Sorry to hear about their loss.

Every name signed in the viewing guest book. When they look at it years later. It bringa a memory to the those that have lost their loved one. So a viewing is often an aid to good memories down the road for the parents, or people who lost that loved one.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

I appreciate the words, guys. It was a rough day, indeed. But the pastor did a great job. He did not deny her death but he denied it its victory.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Unhappy tragic loss

It is incredibly sad when a child is lost but the Lord has a greater plan we must accept. I have seen too many dead children over my years as a paramedic and came to conclusion God takes special people sometimes just because they are so special perhaps among other reasons, to shake us up and hopefully appreciate the life we have. To honor those who passed, esp. those who went what we perceive as 'before their time', we remember them, we honor them and we make their lives count in ours and others every day. Make sure others learn how special they were to you and in what ways then express this is how beautiful God's creation is. Its not that God took her from us but that he gave her to us in the first place and that should be her legacy.
    You and her family are in my prayers Bootlen.

Thanks for those words of wisdom, hearth. And you are right. We have, as a gift, the honor and privilege of knowing others. And when He takes kids home, we should indeed speak often of how they were special.

Proud member of KA Club