Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    I also like the YJ's with the ball valve built in at the end. Its better than anything else I've used over time.

I have these. I haven't tried them yet, but they look promising. Has anyone else used them? Are they any good?

Post Likes
    those look great!!
    for guys working on small krapp there might be a problem getting them to fit sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I also like the YJ's with the ball valve built in at the end. Its better than anything else I've used over time.

I have these. I haven't tried them yet, but they look promising. Has anyone else used them? Are they any good?

true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes

mark simms hvac

Quote Originally Posted by adamste81 View Post
    need help with finding a low loss fitting for the high side of my gauges. the manifold i bought did not come with low loss fittings on the hoses so i need an adapter. teacher told us we could find them for $10-$15 but so far all I see online is $40-$50. anyone know a good place to find this piece? thanks in advance.
    .you can order from johnstone hvac supply house on line,i seen it for 20 dollars on that website.

Post Likes
    I think that the OP probably has what they need by now..... 3 years later

5. Likes Fot liked this post
    Post Likes
    Does anyone know if the Yellow Jacket 25980 9" charging hoses with ball valves are rebuild-able? I have a set and the red hose has a leak at the valve stem. I have searched high and low and cannot find any information or parts to rebuild. Hate to just toss them and drop another $90 on a new set if it is possible to take apart and rebuild.

Post Likes
    UPDATE: Just got off the phone with Yellow Jacket and according to their tech, the YJ 25980 9" hoses with ball valves are not rebuild-able and there are no parts to rebuild. Just thought i'd post this in case someone else out there has a set of these and is wondering if it is possible to rebuild them.

Post Likes
    Ball valves are the way to go. after closing them off, press the fitting hard against the access port, so you make a good seal, then undo the nut to the last thread and pull the fitting off the access port quickly. using this method i believe i lose less then if i use a low-loss (this is much easiear to demonstrate then it is to explain)

Dont get the adapters that screw into the hoses. they may work, but i guarantee that at some point you will go to use them, they will have loosened up, you will not notice, and you will dump an entire systems charge while trying to figure out what is happening.

If you do use Low-loss fittings, dont use them on 410a... from everything i heard they dont stand up to the pressures

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangman66 View Post
    Ball valves are the way to go. after closing them off, press the fitting hard against the access port, so you make a good seal, then undo the nut to the last thread and pull the fitting off the access port quickly. using this method i believe i lose less then if i use a low-loss (this is much easiear to demonstrate then it is to explain)

Dont get the adapters that screw into the hoses. they may work, but i guarantee that at some point you will go to use them, they will have loosened up, you will not notice, and you will dump an entire systems charge while trying to figure out what is happening.

If you do use Low-loss fittings, dont use them on 410a... from everything i heard they dont stand up to the pressures
    NRP low loss are only ones I know of rated for 410a pressures.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123