i am working on a small walkin cooler 6feet by 7 feet by 7 feet the condensor is a F3AFA075IAV 067 BY COPELAND THE COMPRESSOR IS A COPELAND RS64C2E CAA 959 USING R 404A IT IS MATCHED TO A BOHN EVP ADT070AJ USING A Q BODY TXV WITH A QC2 ORFICE AND A KT-43 RC HEAD ATTEMPTING TO RUN GAS TEMP AT 25 DEGREES TO GET A 35 DEGREE COOLER THE EVP WAS A USED ONE THAT THE BOSS BOUGHT AT A SCHOOL SURPLUSE AUCTION THE BEST BACK PRESSURE I CAN GET ON THIS UNIT IS 43 LBS WHICH IS A 15 DEGREE GAS ONLY FOUR OF THE 8 PASSES WILL FROST THE OTHER 8 WILL NOT EVEN GET COOL THOUGHT IT WAS OIL LOGGED BUT OPENED BOTTOM OF EVP AND BLEW NITROGEN THRU IT GOT VERY LITTLE OIL NO MATTER WHERE I SET THE VALVE SUPERHEAT I CAN GET GAS ONLY THROUGH FOUR PASSES I EVEN TRIED A LARGER TXV SAME RESULTS. ANY SUGGESTION OR THOUGHTS ON THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS THE TANGLEFOOT

May be better off posting this in refrig, but..what kind of freeeeezone ya got, sounds like ya might need some more.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

404A HEAD 250 BACK IS 43 PISG WHICH ON TP CHART IS 15 DEGREES IT STARTS FROSTING AT THE END OF THE DISTRIBERT TO TWO FEEDER TUBES TO EVP WHICH FROST AT ONCE I HAVE TRIED SHUTTING OFF FANS TO SEE IF COIL FROSTS ALL ACROSS AND IT DOES THE SIGHT GLASS IS ALMOST FULL JUST A SMALL STREAM OF BUBBLES WHICH I AMN TOLD I WILL HAVE WHEN I AM CHARGING SYSTEM WITH R 404A 80 TO 90 PERCENT CHARGE IF I CHARGE TO FULL SIGHT GLASS I RUN WAY TO MUCH HEAD PRESSURE I AM STUMPED ON WHAT CAN BE THE PROBLEM MY SUPPLYER SAYS THAT THE VALVE AND HEAD AND ORFICE IS CORRECT AND THE COND UNIT AND COMPRESSOR IS MATCHED TO THE EVAP TO DO THE JOB I MUST BE MISSING SOMETHING THANKS THE TANGLEFOOT

Originally posted by tanglefoot
    i am working on a small walkin cooler 6feet by 7 feet by 7 feet the condensor is a F3AFA075IAV 067 BY COPELAND THE COMPRESSOR IS A COPELAND RS64C2E CAA 959 USING R 404A IT IS MATCHED TO A BOHN EVP ADT070AJ USING A Q BODY TXV WITH A QC2 ORFICE AND A KT-43 RC HEAD ATTEMPTING TO RUN GAS TEMP AT 25 DEGREES TO GET A 35 DEGREE COOLER THE EVP WAS A USED ONE THAT THE BOSS BOUGHT AT A SCHOOL SURPLUSE AUCTION THE BEST BACK PRESSURE I CAN GET ON THIS UNIT IS 43 LBS WHICH IS A 15 DEGREE GAS ONLY FOUR OF THE 8 PASSES WILL FROST THE OTHER 8 WILL NOT EVEN GET COOL THOUGHT IT WAS OIL LOGGED BUT OPENED BOTTOM OF EVP AND BLEW NITROGEN THRU IT GOT VERY LITTLE OIL NO MATTER WHERE I SET THE VALVE SUPERHEAT I CAN GET GAS ONLY THROUGH FOUR PASSES I EVEN TRIED A LARGER TXV SAME RESULTS. ANY SUGGESTION OR THOUGHTS ON THIS WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANKS THE TANGLEFOOT

Please turn off your CAP KEY

You know that QC2 cartridge is good only up to 1/2 ton. You may want to change it to a QC3. I understand you have tried a bigger valve and that your compressor and your evap coil is rated around 7000 BTU's. Your valve is not feeding enough juice. I don't care what the supplier says. Also check where you put your sensor bulb, on R404 is has to be near the bottom of the suction line around 4 to 5 o'clock and insulated. Check with Sprolan.

When you take the TXV out to change the cage, look in the distributor nozzle on the coil to see if there is a nozzle orifice. If there is one there, make sure it is for R502/R408/R404. If not pull it and get one.

Also if you have a solder type Q body, look in the distributor nozzle for loose solder. If it is flare, look for garbage that may be blocking your distributor tubes.

After you have fixed/checked all of this and your compressor is in good shape all should be ready for you to adjust subcooling and superheat.

walk in cooler

thanks lusker i think you solved my problem sorry about the cap key i was shouting for help