Refrigeration/HVAC,cooking calls dispatching????

I work for a company that does all forms of refrig.,cooking and HVAC and cover a wide area in Pa. York,Harrisburg,Lanc.,Rdg,Allentown,Wilkes Barre,Scranton out to NJ,down to De. and Md.

We got 20+ some guys runnin this area and it seems that with dispatch the counties are seperated by an invisible line, and it's basically first come first serve wether or not your 5 min.away from a call given to a guy an hour away that was dispatched 5 min. ago..

It's frustrating to say the least!!! I'm trying to figure out if there is a good or decent dispatch system or maybe an available program thats easy to use to track tech's and call's?? or some kind of way to make this alittle better????

I got a feeling you guys are all gonna say I'd be a Millionair if I found it!

PLEASE comment!! I want LOT'S of input!!!

Let's See if we can come up with a good system!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, for the ungratefull, have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Refrigeration is all the same weather your making Ice, refrigerating or freezing the product.

Did you check out ESC.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Nothing is cut and dried in the trade. It takes a human being to decide who needs to go where. I dispatched for a large company in a large urban area. We did it all, and used the priority list of catastrophies, food preservation, comfort, and maintenance, in that order. Then you had to take into consideration things like who was familiar with the system, who did the customer trust and prefer to work on the system, who was the fastest and most thorough, who best represented the company on an initial call to a new account, etc. I don't think a computer program would be capable of making all of these determinations.
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Did you check out ESC.
    Yeah I like it but the boss has his own system he pays a bunch of IT guys to modify write programming for and such.
    I'll hold comment on it due to the possibility he may be watching. I like this job too much to jeapordise it with an ill placed comment.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, for the ungratefull, have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Refrigeration is all the same weather your making Ice, refrigerating or freezing the product.

its a rare item.............

a service manager that has common sense......