Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Customer Called the Governer

Had a customer so upset that it took us LESS than 24 hours (103 Degrees out) to arrive at his house to repair his unit that he called the governers office.

He told them they need to pass a law so that any senior citizen should be able to call any HVAC company and get immediate service. If the company they call does not send someone out right away then they should be fined and that if it happens to many times the company should loose it license.

Asked the customer what the governers office said and he said that they never had a request like his but would look into it.

Hopefully they were just trying to get him off the phone.

Oy Vey.............
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

where is the law demanding i get immediate pizza delivery during the supper bowl..when i call at half time...and i slur my words...there should be a law.

WOW!!

So what happened to seniors before air conditioning. For that matter what happend to humans over the last 10,000 years without air conditioning.

These people kill me. They will call and wait. You get to the house after 8pm and its 78-80 outside. Its 90 in the house and they are screaming about the heat. When you ask them to open the windows they look at you like you are a dumb*** and say "just fix it". While you are trying to fix it they are complaining about how long it took you to get out there and give you the look of shame. I have had enough of this childish behavior and it needs to stop.

You start out in diapers and end up in them, like kids....I want my toy and I want it now.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Harper View Post
    So what happened to seniors before air conditioning. For that matter what happend to humans over the last 10,000 years without air conditioning.

These people kill me. They will call and wait. You get to the house after 8pm and its 78-80 outside. Its 90 in the house and they are screaming about the heat. When you ask them to open the windows they look at you like you are a dumb*** and say "just fix it". While you are trying to fix it they are complaining about how long it took you to get out there and give you the look of shame. I have had enough of this childish behavior and it needs to stop.
    I had a few hours of windshield time today and was amazed at the non-stop news stories about the East coast heatwave. I live in an area where that kind of heat and humidity is normal in the Summer. Not this year though. We are experiencing global cooling. It was 80F and raining today.

People are weird. I have gone on calls at three AM for no heat. I walk in and it is a stifling 90F in the house because they fired up the wood stove and the residents were still under blankets. Same thing with cooling.

I am so glad I don't deal with the public anymore. Humans can survive hi temps, even if they are older, if they open windows and use fans.

If the states start shutting down AC companies because they don't respond to seniors fast enough you will all be out of business. Why should a senior get service any faster than a senior who has a dog with heart problems?

We need to start a public list of all the lame excuses we have heard over the years from customers who try to emphasis the severity of their no heat /cool call.

Here is my first one. Had a lady call and insist she needed her air fixed immediately because she was on oxygen. I went to the house and met the lady. We discussed her problem while she took hits off a non-filter Camel. Yes, with the oxygen in her nose.

Turns out her air was condemned three year before. The comp was grounded. She threw a fit when I said we would be out first thing in the morning to replace her unit. She wanted it now. She called another company thankfully.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Heres one of my old geezer stories........

Although I ain't far behind on being a geezer.

Maybe 10-12 years ago. Get a call for "a very old guy in an apt with medical conditions, needs A/C" Landlords are very good customers so, I go at like 9pm on a fri night after a very long day. Get there and knock on door, many times, old guy finally answers all happy and bouncing to some music he has playing. I'm like what? He's cooking something with an apron on, some emergency.
    This guy looks better than me. I fixed it and went home.
    OK., following week.
    Customer calls again, same apt complex, about another "old guy with medical problems," on a sat night. I blow it off, he can wait, it was very hot out.
    Hell that first guy was alright.
    I tell him it will have to be the following Monday as I had plans.
    My son is helping me during his summer vaca, he comes with me on Mon. We get there and the apt manager knocks on tenants door, over and over, finally gets key and goes in. Guy is dead, kneeling by his bed, all the windows closed its like 120 in there...............my kid said it was all my fault.
    Coroner comes and hauls old man away.
    Oh well, whatca gonna do.

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

"Guy is dead, kneeling by his bed, all the windows closed its like 120 in there...............my kid said it was all my fault. Coroner comes and hauls old man away. Oh well, whatca gonna do."

The Diceman

The Diceman doesn't fire his customers he kills them off.
    Waddya mean don't thaw out the frig with a knive?

In New York City area, TV men have to arrive within a certain time of the appointment or they're in deep do do. Doesn't matter how bad the traffic is or difficulty in parking. Most refused to do home service calls. Heard about this 10 years ago.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by knewguy View Post
    "Guy is dead, kneeling by his bed, all the windows closed its like 120 in there...............my kid said it was all my fault. Coroner comes and hauls old man away. Oh well, whatca gonna do."

The Diceman

The Diceman doesn't fire his customers he kills them off.

But if was a goat in hea*.......ER distress Dice would have been their in a new york min.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Had a customer today, her husband is out of town and he has all the credit cards and cash, can we bill her? We say no. She says i've been calling around and no one will help me, I think I might have to call channel 2 and tell them that no one will help me! LOL.

I'd love to hear that one, "I have no money and I just can't understand why no one will come out and fix my air and let me pay them later."

We offered to do her service and hold her check till Monday and she agreed. Turned out to be a nice lady and joined our maintenance program (as long as the check clears). Don't understand how some people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Guy is dead, kneeling by his bed, all the windows closed its like 120 in there
    So, did you fix the a/c anyway?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast