Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Such hostility!

Originally posted by thermojohn
    I'm also Republican by the way.

Ohh, well then I take back all the dumb****crat insults

But you are wrong to say Bush or anyone but saddam lied about WMD.

And this is a great nation. Just because other governments (if you want to call them that) don't like us it doesn't mean we are wrong and need to acquiesce.

Thermojohn

Read the below quote several times over until it sinks in.
    This quote was shamelessly lifted from quote bar:

"Through unity of action we can be a veritable colossus in support of peace. No one can defeat us unless we first defeat ourselves. Every one of us must be guided by this truth." - General Dwight Davi Eisenhower

Reread the last sentence. Every one of us.....

Memo to all liberals: The above quote IS HOW to defeat terrorism in the world. Get it?
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

Ike also warned about the threat of the Military/Industrial Complex taking over and guiding the nation. It must have been a notion that really concerned him.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Loving and appreciating the freedoms of this country is not the same thing as having to be a mindless yes man and rubber stamp agreeing with the policies of our government or the present administration. To you Love it or leave it
    a-holes...UP Yours.

I paid for my right to criticize with 5 1/2 years of active military service. I have 2 sons on Active military at this minute. My father was too old for WWII so he built the ships and my mother was a Rosie the Riveter. I had 2 uncles in WWI. My Grandfather survived a minnie ball in the Civil War. and I have 2 Great Great granfathers who were Captains in the Revolutonary War.

They and myself served so that ANYONE whether they served or not can express their opinions.

F You very Much!

You don't have to be a "yes man" to see the fear in peolpe, the eneptness of some political parties trying to gather the people into a state of mass confusion.
    The democrates are trying to make you believe that they can do it better in all aspects of what the nation needs, well I don't buy it.
    Something is going to give, and what will that be? our security.
    John Kerry does not come across as a strong and decisive leader.
    He believes that the world will start liking us again if only he can become president, that they'll come to our aid and send troops to die in Iraq. Do you really believe that France, Germany and Russia really have the same thoughts as Kerry?

Kerry gives a timeline of withdrawl from Iraq, why not just hand them the keys right now? History will hold true that you cannot tell the otherside of your plans. He wants to be our Commander-in-Chief, yet tells the world of our plans to withdrawl openly, bad mistake. If politics are going to sway him on his decisions then I say no thanks.
    Kerry is more dangerous for this nation than Bush ever can be.

Some dis-like Bush, some just plain out hate him, so they lean to the other party for reason usually unknown to them.
    Vote as you wish, it's your right to endanger America.

Yes ozone they have the freedom to say whatever they want but they also have a responsibility not to go out and mindlessly repeat lies and propaganda. Freedom of speech is not freedom from responsibility. I served 6 yrs active and so far 3 yrs reserve time on a 6 yr hitch. My Dad was a WWII vet and retired from the Navy. So did my granddad. My uncle was a Masterchief with 30 yrs in the reserves. I know my family back in the Civil war was on the losing side. As far as being a vet or not when someone speaks about military issues and they have no experience in the military they make fools of themselves. I don't mind when people disagree with policies but when they repeat lies and propaganda fed to them from the left then I have a problem.
    There were no lies about WMD just ask the Kurds or Iranians. Bush did serve honorably in the Air National Guard. Kerry negated whatever good he did in his four months in vietnam by returning home and lying about his fellow soldiers and assisting the viet cong in their propanganda war. He wants us to somehow look back at 4 months of service (which now we find out was all made up) and forget his last 35 yrs of dishonorable conduct.
    I think not. Even if by some stretch of the imagination he was the war hero he is trying to portray. Just his last 35 years is enough to disqualify him in my book.

I'm not a Kerry supporter. I've said in two other threads/postings that I'll have to sit this election out because I cannot in good conscience choose either candidate.
    Some have expressed the opinion that by not voting, it negates my right to complain or criticize. If not voting makes me a loser in some people's opinion ...oh well.

Kim finds him/herself in nearly the same boat and has decided to use McCain's endorsement of Bush as a good enough reason to vote for Bush , because he trusts McCain's character enough to follow him. It's really not Bush so much that I'm leery of. It's the Cheyney,Rumsfeld,Wolfowitz
    Rice crowd whispering in his ear that nauseates me.

When a candidate shows up that I can leave the voting booth without feeling like I just left a whorehouse, then you can bet I'll use that right that so many have sacrificed so much to give us. Until that time, I have the right to choose not to vote without giving up my right to criticize (not blame everyone who did vote, but bemoan the direction the politicians are taking the country) I'll still vote for State, County offices...I still have a choice when it comes to who my local dog catcher will be.

OD, Look at it this way

You may not like Bush but a vote for him will help keep the scum out of office who promote gay lifestyle and abortion. Think about it for a second. The dumbocrat machine is made up totally of mental cases who have no business running our business.

[Edited by rob10 on 08-22-2004 at 12:04 PM]

Re: OD, Look at it this way

Originally posted by rob10
    You may not like Bush but a vote for him will help keep the scum out of office who promote gay lifestyle and abortion. Think about it for a second. The dumbocrat machine is made up totally of mental cases who have no business running our business.

You see that's the problem, you think your right and everyone else is wrong. To you narrow-minded right-wingers the whole thing is about abortion and gays. The guy could be a liar and a crook and you’d still support him because of his position on cultural issues. You have the right to believe whatever you want but that’s not good enough for you self-righteous people who think anyone with a different view is somehow inferior.

So backing

Someone who promotes the murder of innocent children is a smart thing to do???? NOT in this lifetime or the next!!!! Backing someone who caters to the degenerates of society?? NO WAY!!! Maybe the germans and french need him. We DON"T!! This idiot has the less than the brain cells of a slug to want OUR election to be overseen by the UN!! BAWAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! And Edwards typifies what is wrong with our civil judicial system. SCUM SUCKING LAWYERS!!

All the above would be a valid point against voting for the dumbocrats.

[Edited by rob10 on 08-22-2004 at 03:00 PM]

I would thaink that Germany and France supporting a candidate would be enough to make anyone not vote for him.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

Re: Re: OD, Look at it this way

Originally posted by johnl45
    Originally posted by rob10

You see that's the problem, you think your right and everyone else is wrong. To you narrow-minded right-wingers the whole thing is about abortion and gays. The guy could be a liar and a crook and you’d still support him because of his position on cultural issues. You have the right to believe whatever you want but that’s not good enough for you self-righteous people who think anyone with a different view is somehow inferior.

Are You Gay or an Abortion doctor?

MOOT, M-O-O-T point

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast