Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by ozone drone
    I'm not a Kerry supporter. I've said in two other threads/postings that I'll have to sit this election out because I cannot in good conscience choose either candidate.
    Some have expressed the opinion that by not voting, it negates my right to complain or criticize. If not voting makes me a loser in some people's opinion ...oh well.

Kim finds him/herself in nearly the same boat and has decided to use McCain's endorsement of Bush as a good enough reason to vote for Bush , because he trusts McCain's character enough to follow him. It's really not Bush so much that I'm leery of. It's the Cheyney,Rumsfeld,Wolfowitz
    Rice crowd whispering in his ear that nauseates me.

When a candidate shows up that I can leave the voting booth without feeling like I just left a whorehouse, then you can bet I'll use that right that so many have sacrificed so much to give us. Until that time, I have the right to choose not to vote without giving up my right to criticize (not blame everyone who did vote, but bemoan the direction the politicians are taking the country) I'll still vote for State, County offices...I still have a choice when it comes to who my local dog catcher will be.
    If you were on a ship that was headed in one of two directions both not being desireable the worst you could do is sit down and not steer. Picking the lesser of two evils is not a cop out.
    However....

I do support your right to do nothing if you so choose.

That is what makes America great we allow people reasonable personal freedoms. You and I have paid for these rights and we should excercize them even if we offend each other.
    “Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own." Scott Adams

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

[i]Originally posted by hvacbear

If you were on a ship that was headed in one of two directions both not being desireable the worst you could do is sit down and not steer. Picking the lesser of two evils is not a cop out.
    However....

I do support your right to do nothing if you so choose.

That is what makes America great we allow people reasonable personal freedoms. You and I have paid for these rights and we should excercize them even if we offend each other. [/B]
    That's a good analogy Bear. In that light, not choosing between the two looks stupid. Is it any wonder in this system we have where any candidate's entire life is disected
    and examined under a microscope ,that nobody with half a brain would want to open themselves up to that kind of scrutiny?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Re: Re: OD, Look at it this way

Originally posted by johnl45
    Originally posted by rob10
    You may not like Bush but a vote for him will help keep the scum out of office who promote gay lifestyle and abortion. Think about it for a second. The dumbocrat machine is made up totally of mental cases who have no business running our business.

[Edited by rob10 on 08-22-2004 at 12:04 PM]
    You see that's the problem, you think your right and everyone else is wrong. To you narrow-minded right-wingers the whole thing is about abortion and gays. The guy could be a liar and a crook and you’d still support him because of his position on cultural issues. You have the right to believe whatever you want but that’s not good enough for you self-righteous people who think anyone with a different view is somehow inferior.
    ================================================== ==========

I voted for Carter because of his supposed character. Turns out I was wrong about him, too.

I considered Clinton in his first bid but his platform changed my mind. By the end of his first term, I was sure I'd made a correct decision in eventually voting for Bush, Sr. I could not believe it when we put the idiot back in a 2nd term. Clinton had NO character...zip, nil, zero. Now, we are faced with another face-off between one who much character and one who hasn't a clue about the definition of character. This is an easy choice for me...W. He has more integrity in his pinky nail than Clinton and Kerry have added together. And even that ain't sayin' much.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

OZONE,
    I understand your frustration with this election. However I don't agree with sitting out the election that only hurts the country in the long run. I do not agree with all of Bush's policies but I think he is a better person than Kerry. Kerry is a liar and a waffle and hasn't done a good job in the senate. He missed 2/3 of all the votes and when he did show up to vote he voted against the military and for leftist issues. Just what he did in 1971 when he came back from Vietnam is enough to disqualify him in my book.

W04

Originally posted by woods mech
    OZONE,
    I understand your frustration with this election. However I don't agree with sitting out the election that only hurts the country in the long run. I do not agree with all of Bush's policies but I think he is a better person than Kerry. Kerry is a liar and a waffle and hasn't done a good job in the senate. He missed 2/3 of all the votes and when he did show up to vote he voted against the military and for leftist issues. Just what he did in 1971 when he came back from Vietnam is enough to disqualify him in my book.

W04
    You're right Woody,.....Kerry is a feather in the winds of the polls. And the Vietnam stuff does suck...A friend of mine earned his medals and purple hearts walkin point with a recon platoon. An rpgkilled the 2 guys right behind him and took out a big chunk of his right shoulder. I might use Kim's logic "If McCain can support him ..that shows somethin.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123