Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Had an emergency call for a no cool. Woman said her son was deathly ill and bed bound. Had to have the ac fixed asap. Whet to the home, pulled the plugged filter and let the evap thaw. Cleaned the plugged evap. Checked operation, cond was screaming. Condenser coil was also plugged and had to wash it out several times to get it cleaned. Unit was running well so I presented the bill. She fussed about the bill. Told her at least her son would be comfortable. She then told me that it won't have any affect on her son because he was in the hospital. Had to bite my tongue, it was sore for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by cg-vet View Post
    So, did you fix the a/c anyway?
    Actually I did, I was already there so...............plus I had to bill someone for my time and..............well...............whatcha gonna do.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

How about the more, um, "pleasantly plump" individuals who require the home to be 68 even when it is 100 outside?

Um, hello, our design temp is 86 around here. Open a window ya lard butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Actually I did, I was already there so...............plus I had to bill someone for my time and..............well...............whatcha gonna do.
    Hey, whatever it takes to make a buck. I have a couple service contracts with funeral homes. Dead people come with the territory.

Quote Originally Posted by cg-vet View Post
    Hey, whatever it takes to make a buck. I have a couple service contracts with funeral homes. Dead people come with the territory.
    At my age, when I show up for the repair, they try to sell me a burial plan.

Quote Originally Posted by midhvac View Post
    At my age, when I show up for the repair, they try to sell me a burial plan.
    Maybe you can trade out the work. Then again, you'd never know if they held up their end of the deal. BTW, I got to remember not to ask the cremator, "What's cookin'?"

Quote Originally Posted by BigDog91 View Post
    Had a customer so upset that it took us LESS than 24 hours (103 Degrees out) to arrive at his house to repair his unit that he called the governers office.

He told them they need to pass a law so that any senior citizen should be able to call any HVAC company and get immediate service. If the company they call does not send someone out right away then they should be fined and that if it happens to many times the company should loose it license.

Asked the customer what the governers office said and he said that they never had a request like his but would look into it.

Hopefully they were just trying to get him off the phone.

Too funny........................only in Slower Lower Delaware, I wonder if it was one of my relatives.......

Quote Originally Posted by knewguy View Post
    The Diceman doesn't fire his customers he kills them off.
    Have you seen his plans for the 100% AFUE forced air gas heating system, with built in humidification?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by seatonheating View Post
    How about the more, um, "pleasantly plump" individuals who require the home to be 68 even when it is 100 outside?

Um, hello, our design temp is 86 around here. Open a window ya lard butt.
    Hey, watch it there bub. I'm one of those lard butts.
    Not as lean, not as mean, but I'm still a hardcore, ass-kicking, hard charging Marine! Oohrah!

Go to the store or have your car washed or go get a coffe and read the news paper.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Had a customer today, her husband is out of town and he has all the credit cards and cash, can we bill her? We say no. She says i've been calling around and no one will help me, I think I might have to call channel 2 and tell them that no one will help me! LOL.

I'd love to hear that one, "I have no money and I just can't understand why no one will come out and fix my air and let me pay them later." she would conveniently leave out the fact that she could not pay for it.

We offered to do her service and hold her check till Monday and she agreed. Turned out to be a nice lady and joined our maintenance program (as long as the check clears). Don't understand how some people think.
    people do not think, for the most part, others expect things done on good faith/trust.

did the guy think of opening the windows?
    why is it every one forgets when the ac brakes you do have windows better than nothing and hot as all heck

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Although I ain't far behind on being a geezer.

Maybe 10-12 years ago. Get a call for "a very old guy in an apt with medical conditions, needs A/C" Landlords are very good customers so, I go at like 9pm on a fri night after a very long day. Get there and knock on door, many times, old guy finally answers all happy and bouncing to some music he has playing. I'm like what? He's cooking something with an apron on, some emergency.
    This guy looks better than me. I fixed it and went home.
    OK., following week.
    Customer calls again, same apt complex, about another "old guy with medical problems," on a sat night. I blow it off, he can wait, it was very hot out.
    Hell that first guy was alright.
    I tell him it will have to be the following Monday as I had plans.
    My son is helping me during his summer vaca, he comes with me on Mon. We get there and the apt manager knocks on tenants door, over and over, finally gets key and goes in. Guy is dead, kneeling by his bed, all the windows closed its like 120 in there...............my kid said it was all my fault.
    Coroner comes and hauls old man away.
    Oh well, whatca gonna do.

About 10 years ago I went on a call at a apartment complex. A older woman told me that she was too hot and her husband was too cold...wtf. Checked a/c and spent 10 minutes explaining to them it was fine. Dropped bill off at office. Still tell this story every year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast