Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pressure gauges

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotofx View Post
    Uhhh... No..
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger man View Post
    i believe that the compressor is out on thermal overload, based on the vague description by matt
    Let me point something out... Most analog gauges will read up to 500 psi on the high side. If the compressor was on thermal the pressures would equalize. Meaning that both low and high would have to be over 500.

Unless this R22 system is Satan's I don't think he would have the required temp to equalize at over 500.

is that when you turn on the switch?????????????

Let me point something out... Most analog gauges will read up to 500 psi on the high side. If the compressor was on thermal the pressures would equalize. Meaning that both low and high would have to be over 500.

Unless this R22 system is Satan's I don't think he would have the required temp to equalize at over 500.

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    is that when you turn on the switch?????????????
    The hell with the switch... At 500 static, I RUN....

Not too fast, it's liable to be pretty hot....

Maybe smarter to not get close to a system that is that hot.

Hi I have a question....I know this is a pro site, and I would appreciate a little understanding if possible. We just purchased a Lennox XC13 after three weeks it froze up. The installers came out and fused it with 21/2 lbs of freon. The not even a week later (last night) the pressure went to 160/550 according to the installer the high pressure switch went out on it. He said he reset it to 150/375 and by passed the switch. And will have to come out tomorrow and install a new switch. Would it be possible for someone to tell me why a switch would go bad on a brand new unit not even a month old. I couldn't really understand (language barrier, don't speak spanglish) but it sounded like the installer told me that the air outside was TOO HOT so the compressor switched off??? It was late so I couldn't get anyone from the office (or manager) on the phone. Just trying to figure out if we may have a bad unit. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Not too fast, it's liable to be pretty hot....

Maybe smarter to not get close to a system that is that hot.

Had a helper once that was leak testing a system with me. I set the nitrogen regulator and just wanted him to open the valve when I got upstairs. When he opened the valve he saw the pressure drop so he turned the regulator up.

Near as I could tell we had about 1000 psi in that thing.. Found the leak though..

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
    Hi I have a question....I know this is a pro site, and I would appreciate a little understanding if possible. We just purchased a Lennox XC13 after three weeks it froze up. The installers came out and fused it with 21/2 lbs of freon. The not even a week later (last night) the pressure went to 160/550 according to the installer the high pressure switch went out on it. He said he reset it to 150/375 and by passed the switch. And will have to come out tomorrow and install a new switch. Would it be possible for someone to tell me why a switch would go bad on a brand new unit not even a month old. I couldn't really understand (language barrier, don't speak spanglish) but it sounded like the installer told me that the air outside was TOO HOT so the compressor switched off??? It was late so I couldn't get anyone from the office (or manager) on the phone. Just trying to figure out if we may have a bad unit. Thanks for any input.
    Yes.

Call a real contractor. Sounds like you have landed yourself a hack.

Good luck.

Had a helper once that was leak testing a system with me. I set the nitrogen regulator and just wanted him to open the valve when I got upstairs. When he opened the valve he saw the pressure drop so he turned the regulator up.

Near as I could tell we had about 1000 psi in that thing.. Found the leak though..
    I can't get my regulator over 500#

Quote Originally Posted by ConnieB View Post
    Could be a multitude of things. If you do not have faith in the tech, call them and get a supervisor out.

watch this utube video

go to 4 min 08 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I can't get my regulator over 500#
    If I turn mine in all the way it seems to go wide open. Always thought that was kind of strange.

Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    watch this utube video

go to 4 min 08 seconds
    Link missing..

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast